Patch 1.3 & 1.4 revelation

Its was Clear their decision… not say that release was rushed and why… and i was simply bad decision and lie. Lies are wrong it doesn’t matter if in personal or corporate life.

Was they forced to lie by investors, would be better say not and step down ? Were they to stubborn to move release data and show than failed during planning?- i dont know, as user of their game it was wrong for me and i was wrong me on personal level too…

1 Like

Its was Clear their decision… not say that release was rushed and why… and i was simply bad decision and lie. Lies are wrong it doesn’t matter if in personal or corporate life.

Actually they DID say that the game was rushed because the publisher (Deep Silver) wanted to release, maybe you should inform yourself a little better before accusing others of “lying” when it is actually your own fault.

As for the bugs: I would like for people like you to even for once try to develop a game for yourself so that at the very least you would have a little of an idea on how difficult it is to take in consideration every single variable for millions of users (it is much probable that WH didn’t either expect the game to become a hit of such a measure) in a game of this scope, especially when it is a multiplatform title. Naturally this doesn’t justify the presence of game braking bugs in a release to the public, but at least you would have a little of perspective, something you so evidently totally lack on the matter.

I would be more inclined to take in consideration the pretentious outrage of people like yourself if you had actually even just a shred of a clue about the context, but, alas, as things stand you are just another one of the countless examples of how the level of arrogance is directly proportional to the amount of ignorance a person possesses.

1 Like

But 1.3 for console will have the same problem for random road encounters for pc version?

Source? When i they said it? I saw quite few interviews after release, why they not said it there, persons would did that interview, weren’t aware such statements too…
Were is some info that Deep silver was also game investor, not only publisher of Box copies?

This white-Knighting- how you know that i didnt work on even bigger software project? So bugs would be ok, if sales would be lesser? Its gamers fault that scope was too big? Someone whose is not cook himself cant say that is something wrong with food?

TBH I would say you’re not being overly fair and making some statements that are unnecessarily harsh, but if you’re a customer you probably feel it’s your prerogative to complain and throw mud.

Moving a release date requires the cooperation of both publisher and developer.

It’s a tricky situation, you don’t want to have to delay a release, you don’t want to release with bugs, you don’t want to cut features because of bugs. I’ve worked for a different Czech developer for the past 14 years and I’ve been on every side of that situation. What I will say as a gamer, I’d much rather a game with depth + bugs than a shallow, sterile experience without bugs. Bugs can be fixed, shallow, sterile experiences cannot.

4 Likes

It depends on agreements and agreements are usually about some rewards (money), nobody forced WH to sign agreements.

Oh dear all your posts are so dramatic, I havent looked at a single interview, I got my info from reviewers that told anyone willing to listen about game breaking bugs, Its not wise just listening to one source of information, be wise and look for information about the product from different sources, man up, take responsibility for your purchases.

Now I bought it anyway cause its a game just up my ally, bugs or no bugs, after 1.3 I didnt wanna wait snymore and im glad I did

I was backer, i played it on day 1, i invested 200 hours of my time (50 hours last because of bugs and their testing), after month game now unplayable for me and yes i like bugs and when i saw interview that is some company bullshit as from EA, Bethesda… which was Dan attacking for years… etc… im not ok with that, that all.

1 Like

I added more to my reply, but it doesn’t matter, you’re clearly adamant that everything Warhorse did was terrible and a lie etc etc, like I said if you bought the game it’s your prerogative to be unhappy, nobody will convince you otherwise that’s obvious.

1 Like

If you want to simplify it and world would make more sense for you, its your choice… Im here because i like the game, but i also dont like some communication of its team… I think its valid attitude.

So dont let yourself be so easily fooled in the future, thats something you cab bring with you experience wise.

Missplaced expectations on your end it seems like

Listen to others and not just the company you’re buying from, then asses, weigh ups and downs, then make a decision, if you make a bad one which it seems you did, make it a rule of thumb to wait 6 months or more before you buy into a game, save yourself alot of time

I would say I’m a realist who’s worked in game development for 14 years and seen all the ups and downs, highs and lows, mistakes and victories that working in the industry involves. I’m also a gamer for the past 35 years so can certainly understand where your cynicism comes from. I don’t know many on the Warhorse team but I do know a few from Bohemia Interactive and the ones I know personally are the most genuine, decent, hardworking people I’ve come across and worked with.

2 Likes

Allow me to say im also tired of your attitude, but hey, what can you do, impossible to please everyone, seems I cant please you and you cant please me

I just hope warhorse keep doing their own thing

Ok im playing only 27 years not 35. Public image of whole team or company is maked by only few people - Dan is something like Molyneux was for Bullfrog or Lionhead. So probably developers are decent people. You could be even decent man in normal life and prick as company leader.

There are others, whose have full mouths of vulgarity etc… im just writing what is thing without sentiment, even when game would be best it world, if there public statements would be bad, i will not ignore that.

I dont enjoy such disscussion, as you can thing, because is always easy to say, he is such some idiot.. but when people accusing me that im wrong, i have to point out some arguments, i would mint it, but there some patterns..

Just one hint at the end, when was Dan kicked out from take 2 Czech Mafia II team, during development as main father of series, do you really thing, that he was all right and other were evil guys?

Dan is one on the team I’ve never met, never worked with so can’t say either way anything about his character, other than he’s a dog lover which always gives someone plus points in my eyes :wink:

I few times talked with him at GDS, some game magazines actions etc…, i was ok, he is not stupid or something like that. but i also saw him i lots of arguments during some podcasts, read lots of his articles and heard storied some people worked with him… All this is before i become Twitter famous guy or at least majority.

True is that lots of people lots the mood to argue with him at all… he could be quite offensive and even more stubborn.

But so be it. I only expected more honesty to customers, players etc.. i not afraid to say it. He made game from location where i was born and lived for lots of years, i really wanted to enjoy it. 

But when i played game which is more broken than Daggerfall, in 2018 (developers tools are much, much better know) and i really looked forward to some interviews for explanation… it was really bitter when he just said something like this: game is quite good, few guy have problemS, we dont know about problems, no big deal. It not really looked as just some honest small talk, it looked as plan corporate strategy how to “face” the problem.

Im working for quite big companies too sometimes they trying to force me to lie, but im choosing not to… i think that should be a normal behavior.

1 Like

@ruthan Post release… now… is Daniel accountable to his KCD users? Critical issues are being recognized by Daniel on Twitter and changes are being made albeit a little slowly. Do you feel differently?

1 Like

Lets say, that there are different ways to say sorry… I heard, what it heard in interviews after game release - you can simply erase it from history.
Maybe was forced to adjust or maybe he feel it now differently, its hard to say… but lets say that me personally commutation about patches not convinced, that there happened big honest change, but i could be wrong…

Honestly I just Google “kingdom come deliverance news” daily and I get all the latest info.