Patch 1.3.1 is out, game still corrupting saves, lots of bugs still here, so what next?

You can try to quit explorer and start the game.
It helped for other games when they were crashing. Please let me know if that helped.

I just tried for fun, its the same, i tried 2 machines, 4 OS installation - Windows 7 and Windows 10, reinstall, Steam validation, problem is that game is making corrupted saves… Game worked fine for 150 hours on same machines.

When i load last uncorrected save its after few minutes at best, again corrupted, something wrong with game variables… I can share you my save, if you want.

If you upload a recent save somewhere and tell me what you need to do to make it crash I’m happy to try it on my install/mods.

Ok, its is corrupted save, could be loaded, lets try it- that could be loaded too, only mod i used is save mode and its crashing regardless…

I quite sure that this save its too big to fail, if you know that i mean :slight_smile:

If this will fail and im quite sure that i will, i can give you last save, which could be loaded, but just to play game for few minutes, go to some town, or save it and try to load, saves would be once again corrupted - or lets say game can load them… I wouldnt be surprised that is all about 1 filthy broken variable… I send it to support 2 week ago and again after 1.3 update.

I even tried 1.3.3

I don’t have pc version, though just wanted to help.

Thanks, every try is welcome.

Trying it now, it’s noticeable your save is 2mb bigger than all of mine, could be relevant, anyways here’s two of my latest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ADjyaB_HhSxy-C51Htf027ujmRvns53L in theory they should be stable, they are for me with multiple mods.

Yep I can confirm that’s a corrupt save, stuck at 25% for a couple of minutes then finally moved some more until it got to 75% and CTD’d

150 hours of gameplay… It should be seen on size.

It behave same on my machines, as i stated multiple times such crash exception should be handled on code level and game log in game directory is useless - better logging and exception handling = better code.

I will send you last uncorrected save by PM, if it possible.

Sure

10 characters

There is lots of comparison of Win7 and Win10 performance, never saw much difference. im gaming on both, i dont see much difference either… If there is better framerate is about 10%. Only problem of Win7 absence UWP games which are Windows 10 only - like Gears of War 4 or new Forza.

You can argue that stats are distorted by Asian PUBG mania, but still 70% of Steam users using Windows 7:
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

As a fellow (game)developer I find it strange that remarks are needed if one would be playing the game on Windows 7. Windows 7 is still a fine OS for gaming. MS support might not be full blown, but enough drivers are still updated to ensure proper compatibility. On top of that this game officially supports it…
DX12 is another story ofc.

Some of you PC/IT/dev guys condescend like crazy… y’all need to tone that stuff down

Exaggeration is an art;)

Please discuss the posts not the posters, if someone posts something that you feel crosses a line use the report post button (feel free to report any of my posts if you feel I’ve crossed a line, none of us are above the law).

Wow… Exception code “0xc0000005” is not good.

This is an access violation, happening when the program’s code tries to write into memory that does not belong to the program itself. This is a serious issue and should not be part of a release version. If I’d ship a product with a 0xc0000005 exception being possible, I would have to explain to my boss how this could happen.

This lowers my hope that we will get a stable product anytime soon :frowning:

2 Likes

You didn’t see how many things he had stored in his chest! :wink:

Not enough to generate game code, believe me:)

As i said, iwant to buy castle from Hanus i need a cash for it - he has 2, greedy bastard, i know someone who recently lost one and we are close…
BTW i checked game encyclopedia Hans Capon should be 14 or 15 years old, i game lots much older.

Hmm still nothing…