Patch 1.4 Impressions?

So for the Halberd thing, they are still on the ground. The game isn’t freaking out on my end. I did notice boards lying on the ground now on top of puddles. That’s new.

I only tested very shortly. I tried to get a haircut at the bathhouse outside of Rattay and my game froze. First bug I’ve really experienced. I’ll try it again, but I may do a fresh install of the game if it doesn’t work.

Okay, so I’m not the only one with the haircut bug. There’s a thread about it. Rattay is all good though on my end. It hiccups a little bit, but nothing game breaking.

Devs are curretnly working on main quest failure bug, so lets hope they will overcome it. I send them mail with my saves, we’ll see about that

Utter shite … that’s what i think about this last update

1 Like

Looks like every time I load a save while in game, some of my current items (like money and hare meat) are carried over to the loaded savegame. E.g. I have 5000 groschen -> load game -> now I have 10k -> load game -> now I have 15k. Lol.

1 Like

Lol. Well I guess there are worse bugs out there. But it does take away from the immersion I bet. That would be a good one to email support about TBH.

for me ever,thing works very smooth now (i am on a very low setup, without any issues) and i already found some green eggs :smiley: love this patch so far.

i started from begin in rattay

1 Like

Dev’s said it was a corrupted upload. 1.41 should be here at any point as they said it was sent to steam.

1 Like

I Updated my list impressions above.

Awesome! I really appreciate your list! Super helpful. Once I get to dig in this weekend I hope to post some of my own impressions. I think most people are a little quick to judge TBH and don’t really give the game time to gather a true feel for the improvements and also formulate a valid opinion on the bugs.

Thanks man!

Ok i completed the game, 15 hours of gameplay, without crash - Nice.
Update: I got 2 crashes right after - 1 when i cant go through the door, second during random encounter battle near Uzhitz.

1 Like

I am in love with this game! 10 hours without a bug since 1.4.1. I feel bad for some of you folks that can’t play without constant problems. Yet there are some of us who are playing bug free.

The world is immersive, and nothing has uncaptivated my experience since the new patch.

Maybe a graphic glitch here and there. But fighting is smooth. The save system is working, no failed quests due to bugs and I do have random encounters- although I wish they were more frequent.

This is the best he game has been since launch. And I can only hope it gets better. But the foundation seems to have been laid. That’s my impressions and I’ll update as I go along.

Ok im done, all working quests done, all stats maxed, time to play something else.

Regardless of Missing and failed quests, In the cloister - is still active, i have got - Completionist ahcivements - Complete all quests. i dont understand why.

you dont need 100percent of quests for the completionist achievement. there are like 90quests you only need ~70

DO NOT download 1.4 /1.4.1 so far Please wait for another hot fix to avoid game breaking bugs in the main quest.
PLEASE make this sticky.

What??? Why tell people not to download the patch? The game is working fine…which I know isn’t for everyone. But I’m here to tell you-I’ve played 15 hours of 1.4.1 bug free. And there are plenty of us out there who will say the same thing.

IMO download the patch and play it! If you’ve got a crappy system or are using mods…that’s your own problem.

1 Like

There is a well known bug in 1.4.1 with “Questions and Answers” / “Pestilence” that can break your game.
It may well be that you do not run into this error if you are further along in the mainquest. If you still have to pass this quests I would realy reccomend to stick with 1.3.4 until another hotfix comes out.
Details about this bug can be found here: Patch 1.4.1 is live on Steam and GOG

This bug is affecting all players who have not completed Q&A/Pestilence quest before… So it is a game breaking and main quest breaking bug for all those players and should be sticky imho.
I would suggest to avoid this quests if you already have 1.4.1 and focus on other side quests but… those are mostly broken too :slight_smile:

As a matter of fact, a workaround has been found for “questions and answers” but it includes killing NPCs and some other rather unfavorable things…

Do you know the quests we need to complete? I’m trying to work on this know.