Possible Ideas For New Mode

I like you guys! I like where your leading this thread! Good stuff!
OP can also have his “cheat stuff” with a mod! (sorry I took over your suggestion with a more popular one bro) . . .

There are SO MANY ways they could do it. Like I said: Live Another Life Mod for Skyrim is a decent example for a starting point, some corollary starting points:
Street Urchin
BathHouse Maid (or hired hand if the whole patriarchy thing seems too unlikely for her to be able to work around . . . I mean, literally Joan d’Arc was only about 20 years after this period, eh? Granted she did have to [temporarily] conceal her sex/gender but she WAS a real historical character whose animus managed to raise her to a status as a warrior/standard bearer which is pretty atypical for the era)
Bandit
Cuman deserter
Guard who escaped Skalitz and is effectively “on furlough” (technically AWOL I suppose . . .)
Scribes assistant
Poacher
Highwayman
etc.

Not sure, “sandbox” mode should start in Skalitz at all. On the other hand, it could be the best way to “create” a person who exists in the world but noone actually cares about what that person does, is he alive or not and etc. I mean, you can’t just leave your everyday duties if you are a peasant: well, you can rob random wanderers, hunt and do other forbidden stuff, but then you are either the outlaw who escaped own village or have to live two lives - daytime and night.

Refugee from Skalitz solves that problem. You don’t care at all about WTF is happening in political sense or avenge anyone - you just want to survive, so, when you hear some rumours about millers possibly alligned with criminal activities, you are interested - and pay a visit to Peshek. Or get yourself in fighting for money/other useful bets. Or leave the city to try marauder path - when hear city guards talking about war and how dangerous roads have become. See the execution of poacher - and think about “and what I’m actually lose if I try”? For your first leaving of Rattay you can get a scripted encounter when walk some certain distance - and see a poor bandit, dead from the bloodloss somewhere in bushes near road. So you loot your first sword/axe and crappy bow. Everything is in not the great condition at all but still usable. Or you can get and complete an optional quest of “steal something to wear/arm yourself in the city arsenal/somewhere else” before leaving.

Also, interesting question is creating a fully new character: do we really need this or same Henry could work (this time he just has no storyline connections with anyone - simply another refugee without home). On the other hand, a preset of some faces and voices to chose from could also work while being relatively simple solution. Not sure about ability to chose sex of character - for a woman such survavilist approach where we steal and loot corpses after bandits and such will be kind of strange - in Bohemia of 1403.

As for myself, I like the concept of sandbox game mode, where I’m just a random guy without any obligations to anyone. I still can take part in most sidequests and even be hired as a sword for some main story quests from vanilla if have right reputation (which will be just another sidequests from my perspective in this mode), but in general I’m free - and that’s cool. I mean, noone actually forces me to do something or hurry somewhere in vanilla, but it feels weird when in theory I have orders/obligations to care about, but wander for sightseeing and baiting bandits on myself, doing other stuff and etc. Not the level of Fallout 4 but still feels weird.

Also, “sandbox” mode creates more opportunities to roleplay stuff: it is really weird when vanilla Henry sho is more or less close to “lawful good” alignment or at least neutral, robs people who he owes to - especially noble ones, and “it works”. If you are randome noname (just with the name, yep), that problem goes away - no obligations, of moral nature or storyline or whatever.

Hmmm, might have straigten all that thoughts in own thread… Current one has not the best start, taking into account that OP asks for cheat mode.

1 Like

Good ideas!

I think a long thread in which lots of people are encouraged to participate on the topic is a good thing. Maybe WH doesn’t “get it.” But it really does seem to me to be a GIGANTIC market opportunity for them. I think people would be lining up to throw money at them if they put even half the effort into crafting a sandbox mode that they did into the original game. They wouldn’t even necessarily need to spend the time and money on a lot of the most expensive assets (voice actors, animations, models, sounds). The physics, rule system and in-game items (as well as the UI) could all effectively stay 94.5% the same as the original game. The main thing that they could do to push it past “modder” level development would be to: 1. use the same team who did the wonderful writing for the original game to write up enough loosely connected quest/activity stuff for a variety of characters; 2. Draw up a list of half-dozen or 10 new characters (unless they wanted to go the really hardcore route and actually allow for an open-ended character creator at game start along the lines of Oblivion or Morrowind); 3. If they were really wed to the idea of extensive narrative, come up with one or two possible ongoing long length quest arcs for each of the new “Not Henry/ NOT the ‘Chosen’ one” toons. They could even do all of this and leave it largely unvoiced depending on how much time and resource that involves for them, though obviously having all the dialogue voiced would push it over the top.

“this game isnt a RPG, its just playing a character with a role!”

it is an RPG, just a linear RPG where you play a specific role…vs an open ended RPG where you define your role (which honestly not a lot of games do, they just give you the illusion of open ended-ness).

I would like this exact game (same world/characters) but I want a version like the Alt Start/New Life MOD for Skyrim where you pick a random city/life style (like patron at a specific ale house, or member of the guard, or wake up after being attacked in a random bit of the map, etc) where you dont even have to partake in the actual story if you dont want but maybe have there be an option to join up in the current events of the story if you want, but instead be more geared toward being an “NPC” as the world goes to shit.

Free to make money how you want and spend time how you want instead of being so tied to a story/timeline.

2 Likes

I understand that the point of the game is to role play as Henry, but sometimes I walk around the open world and see huge sprawling fields and villages and wonder what it would be like to someone other than Henry in Kingdom Comes amazing world. You can be a knight as Henry and go hunting Cumans (which is what I did) but maybe it would be cool if you were a miller or an assassin trying to assassinate the Lord of Rattay. It would also be cool to see more big battles and adding invincibility and the ability to place down enemies would allow you to make big cinematic battles in the games large open fields or woods.

1 Like