Repairing a saddle

Can yoj repair it yourself with tailor kit or armour kit.
Move to your inventory ?

I has bought one extra saddle (noble 4 saddlebags) just to test it and can confirm a new 100% saddle and 0% one has the same carry weigth. I guess it was too buggged (LOL) so devs let it out the released version.

Don’t tested the rest of the horse gear, I already finished the game and I’m just doing some activities to see how it goes.

I’ve gone through 4 saddles I believe now. To be sure how this game is calculating the quickly ruined saddle issue… (an item in reality that is extremely durable might add)? My horse has a red stat of 41 for speed with a ruined noble saddle. I buy a new saddle Again. I check the stat when unsaddled. It’s now 44 and in the white. I put the brand new saddle on and it goes to 41 in the red.

This isn’t a weight issue because I have a large heavy warhorse with a Heavy Duty Pony perk, the Mule perk with horsemanship level 20.
Weight allowance is 116 over a capacity of 531.
My PC is 129 over Max of 145.
???

Just in case nobody has figured it out yet… cobblers. And cobblers kits for all your DIY horsy needs.
Thats is all horse equipment including “nest” armour.
Bad horse shoes make your horse go slow and lose stamina quickly, so fix them with a cobblers kit.
A blazing saddle makes YOU lose stamina fast when galloping, so fix with a cobblers kit…
I have no idea what the differences in bridles are but if it’s broke… cobblers!

3 Likes

1st: on PC you can get chain barding horse armor mod that is repairable with a tailor kit (uses the zebra cloth one slot. It will look like that in inventory but isn’t and costs 432G
2: mil spec shoes allow faster gallop
Calvary shoes allow faster sprint.
Noble shoes allow longer stamina for traveling.
3; shoes wear but take awhile and blacksmith kits fix
4; my noble 4 bag saddle has degraded to zero which is beyond my skills with a cobbler kit so he( Sassau) did it off the horse.>> happy less richer rider.
5: the game plate horse armor I can repair with the BS kit. don’t let it go to below your skill this time I let the BS do it.
6: my chain barding mod horse armor was at zero so I let the tailor fix, >>$
( it uses the zebra horse “dress” slot so in inventory it looks that way and the tailor treats it that way.)

1 Like

Horse tack (saddle and so on) only gets damaged if you battle from horseback, and it gets damaged fast. It makes mounted combat very very pointless and expensive.

the cobbler is suppose to repair it, but for some people, none of them can, for others only the one in Rattay can. You can also repair tack yourself with a cobbler kit, but as it gets very damaged just from the horse getting hit once, it is rare that it is not damaged beyond the level of a kit.

1 Like

I got fortunate I caught the horse plate at 99.
chain barding at zero= 1.2Kg
saddle at zero = 1.4Kg

Horse shoes, depending on the quality you purchase , make your horse faster.
So it’s definitely worth it.

FYI: The cobbler in Sasau can repair the Horse saddle. You have to put it into your inventory first.

1 Like

I repair saddle at shoemakers or you can repair it yourself with enough skill - just put it into inventory.

Provided the damage is not above your skill level.
like 68-69% for skill level 20 for a repairable item. Lower than that a 20 can’t do it.
The lower your skill the higher the minimum damage % number.

Thanks for the info guy’s, didn’t succeed in previous attempts to find who and how to repair horse tack.
Maybe it’s possible now because of new patch.
But, I must say, it stopped bugging me anyway when I realized, the cost of repairs is equivalent to the damage anyway.
Meaning, if your saddle cost you 1000 coin new, and, it’s 50% damaged, repairs will cost you 500 coin, 1000 if down to zero.
So. By the time you’re at the point of needing to repair an expensive saddle, you should have plenty of coin to do what I do, buy a new one.
I have 3 saddles in my inventory now.
Hope I didn’t just state the obvious.

Repairing a saddle is also irrelevant, as there is no downside in using a damaged saddle anyway, even with zero hit points.

1 Like

since the devs allowed the damage increase they shoulda added the penalties too.
Unless it was another “cutting room floor” item and forgot to remove it.

I have more money than I can spend… I have fixed them with coblers repair kits…now I just buy a new saddle and fancy clothes.

Exactly man

You would better save your money for next DLC. :wink:

1 Like

I can’t believe I had to read through 30 some replies before anyone even got back to the relevance of the question… why reply if you can’t answer the question?! Ask then answer not hey let’s all comment on how we have the same issue so we can touch the tips or scissor Each other. I made this account just to rant on how absurd this post was…

Some people runt on bugs they get (!only they are important!) and others runt on… runt posts! :slight_smile:
At the release of the game there was too many postings to sort everything out. (And too many frustration about too many bugs.)

I hope, now after your first post, you will not only runt… :blush: Welcome!