Stretch Goal Request: Multiplayer Tournament Mode

I’d like to suggest for a stretch goal that the “Tournament” mode be made multiplayer. This would basically be somewhat similar to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer mode- none-minimal effect on the story, but a chance for players to play with the combat system (which looks amazing) against each other.

2 Likes

No offense chief but there is already a buttload of threads about this. Feel free to air your heretical views there.

1 Like

Is it really that heretical?
Seriously, I’m writing this as a rather dedicated single-player gamer, but in this one case I think I would not only support a similar idea, but also like to try it myself. As long as it stays outside of the single-player campaign and doesn’t interfere with it.
The KCD’s combat mechanics is so unique and interesting that it would be a shame and waste not to give the players the official option to try out purely this unique sort of combat in PvP. Those who would be interested, of course. Anyone else can always ignore a thing like that as much as he likes…

1 Like

save it for the next game, and I don’t mean the subsequent acts of KCD… but the ‘sequels’ like Kingdom Come Crusades or Mongol Invasion something like that can feature multiplayer co-op war campaign.

1 Like

No. Go away please and try to ruin some other game.

2 Likes

I like the idea, but I’d rather see it come later on as like an add on mode after the first release is done. Just something simple like 1vs1 duels over lan or internet.

If it truly was a standalone feature, isolated from the campaign itself… how exactly would it ruin the game?

1 Like

I think they have a big enough plate right now maybe later they can go back for seconds.

I like the idea of there being a standalone part of the game that was for competing online in a tournament.

@Dekssan - People are entitled to say on the forum what they personally want in the game and there is no reason for you to be so rude about it. In the end it will be up to Warhorse to say what is in the game and not you. If you don’t like an idea then you should give some constructive criticism so that others can learn from your wisdom.

this is like the what, the 10th thread on multiplayer already? give it a rest. it won’t be in the game.

Multiplayer in the main game won’t be in for sure- but why not multiplayer in the tournament mode? It seems relatively simple to implement if they’re already doing a tournament mode in the first place (though I know CryEngine’s netcode is not up to par at the moment, it should be working allright by then).

For that matter, it could be a way to sell the game: suppose they get the combat system down and release a multiplayer tournament mode first? It could drive sales of the main game through the roof.

They are not “already doing a tournament mode”. That was a stretch goal and it most likely will not be reached by the end of the kick starter campaign. If Warhorse continues fund raising afterwards it might still happen. Making the tournament mode into multiplayer is a project in and of itself and in my opinion is not something that needs(it’s not even a need) to be done until all thee acts are complete.

Why should i reason with anybody? Is this horrible idea? It is. Done. Go away.

1 Like

If they hit the required 900k then I will be happy to see it added, even though it may add a little time to development. Otherwise, leave it till at least after act 1 is out ( or let the modding community build it).

That was a very childish reply and I was not expecting that from anyone here.
There is no reason for you to act this way unless you are crazy.

Don’t you know that a Viscount is a higher rank than a Baron so it is you that needs to do as I say. What I will do this time is let you off with a warning. If you show us that you can be a nice boy we might let you play. I will continue to say what I think as I am entitled to do and if you don’t like it you can “Go away”.

3 Likes

Multiplayer would be a great addition, as long as it’s optional. I don’t get why people are so obsessed about this being Single-player only game… I agree that this game should be focussed primarily on Single-player, but with Multi-player being a stretch goal (that will only be done when the money is available) I don’t see any problems regarding the Single-player segment of this game. I would like to see a Multi-player option made available when the money is available.

[quote=“AzriaXX, post:16, topic:7235”]
I would like to see a Multi-player option made available when the money is available.
[/quote] It may happen, but it won’t be for Act 1 at the very least as Warhorse have already confirmed that it is to be single-player only.

Personally I’d much rather they stick to in-game single player content.

I’d be really frustrated if the 1,000,000 SG was MP or any mode outside of the main game, particularly so as I don’t like swapping characters (miller’s daughter) and I have little interest in the ‘out of game’ tournament mode in the first place.

I’d much rather see stuff like:

• More misc. quests and ‘mini-games.’

• Bigger map and/or more locations/enter-able locations.

• Advanced hardcore mode (+ adjustable timescale, super minimal HUD etc).

• Fully customisable character pre-game start (still male, same name, but can adjust face).

I like the idea of the training academy, but wish that the tournament was part of the main game or another main game goal had been chosen instead. In short then I feel that there’s plenty more SP additions I’d much rather see - a MP tournament mode would pretty much be the last thing on my list.

In fact i’m already an Earl so be quiet you silly hairy fruit and bring me more pillows :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if we’re pulling rank, then as Duke (really a Duchess and mother of four) then you and @Kiwi need to go to opposite sides of the sandbox until you can play nice, lol! (Just teasing…all in fun!) @InvisibleShadow, as king you are entitled to the next salvo :smiley:

edit: sorry, meant this as a reply to @Dekssan