Theresa Romance Questline Bug

Hi guys i was taking a stroll with theresa and basically completing the first act of the side quest. We did the run to the river and after it was time to say goodbye, my character asked if i could accompany her back to the mill. Once we are back at the mill, she basically tells me that she has to go (again) i already heard it all before so i answer back “can i go with you?” causing the game to go on load screen again, and it never stops loading. Im on pc. Is there a possible way to fix this so i can complete the quest? i like theresa. i have planed to give her some armor and take her to battles with me.

1 Like

I’ve postet this Bug several weeks ago here: Report Bugs Here Please!

There seems to be no fix yet.

1 Like

I had mods in, and experienced the bug. I removed the mods, and it went right through with no issues. If you have mods, save, remove the mods, load the save, finish the quest, then put your mods back in.

1 Like

this bug happened to me, too. i never had mods installed. Luckily there was an autosave before the run started.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one who had this bug.

1 Like

Hi,
I found a sneaky way to deal with this bug: after the first loading screen maintain the “S” button or whatever button is assigned to moving backward, this will delay the 2nd dialogue with Theresa, in that small time frame you need to hit the map button, once in the map, fast travel to any destination and voilà! You can continue the quest normally now.

1 Like

Brothers in bugs :slight_smile:

Now that nexus mods stopped working again, i must say this option you mentioned is the legit solution to almost all problems. Everything is running smooth except for a couple of bugs here and there. Thinking about it i want my mods back. Replying was awsome from you, so thank you man.

Oh man,i drank a savior schnapps before we started walking. i cannot tell you how many minutes i spent on the loading screen regretting it.

Yes, it actually did work. All i was thinking is “By sigismund’s beard i need to get away from this woman” so as soon as the dialog screen went off i started to jump away from her like i was being catch poled by two giant dudes and it actually did work. I am on the second mission in her romance quest right now. Hey man thanks for the reply; though i saw it after i actually solved the problem.