Third-person view

"You can turn your character around in inventory screen as far as I know"
How to do it?

Keys K and L

1 Like

3rd person view would make the game playable for people that get motion sickness when playing certain games (my wife currently can’t play this so waste of the second license from the Duke tier).

4 Likes

@Grimbarian: First of all it’s not the devs fault your wife can’t play due to motion sickness. I feel sorry for her, though. What you can do is to try and find a way to disable head bobbing. Like in every other game the last 10 years. Propably the better choice than wanting a literally game breaking feature.

@vitloss: You can turn your character in the menu with [K] and [L].

Thank you!

as adding another kind of camera, can damage the game?
you do not need to change the existing view, but add a new one.
and play with the camera you like …

Did I blame the devs?

It would have helped if there were headbob settings in game. And yes I’m trying to find a way to disable it in other threads.

Try using “cl_Bob 0” in the console and report back if it works. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it makes no difference, also tried cl_headbob 0

I would like to say to those who make statements like adding another camera view would break the game, this is a false statement. grand theft auto for example, added a first person camera view for those interested in playing the game at that particular angle, bethesda softworks recently added a first person camera for their game evil withen 2. adding an additional view to the game would only enhance gameplay for those, like myself, enjoy the over the should 3rd person game play. for those who troll, go plug yourself with a broom stick.

2 Likes

Grow up. It doesn’t fit to the devs vision. Period.

@Grimbarian Heads up, there’s a mod now to help you out: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/67

Please don’t tell people to “grow up” it’s not necessary.

Yes thanks I posted about it elsewhere in here, I downloaded it for my wife this morning :slight_smile:

One of the reasons for not having a 3rd person camera (besides the imersion), can be the animations, sure the player could share the same animations from the NPCs, but sometimes those can look off.

Also, i kinda hope the devs don’t listen to these features, it’s the game as they envisioned it, not as you (the players) want it to be.

There’s nothing more unpleasent than you working on your own project, just to be told to ‘change this because i like it more that way’. No, this isn’t your work, let it be as the devs intended it to be.

If you’re on PC, wait for the mods, if you’re on console…well… RIP.

1 Like

I cant even tell how much I HATE people like you…

I decide HOW i play a singleplayer game and NO ONE else, not even the devs who made this game. Not giving someone the CHOICE how to play is a poor gamedesign.

Well beside this game being the worst overhyped shit game since no mans sky, it is just really poor that you cant even play with a camera of your choice.

Modders will bring this game to thirdperson and will fix the most shit the devs made wrong with this game.

Holy crap dude.

Nr.1 immersion is falsely attributed to FPCamera. The only thing you get is emmidiacy and correct angles… and the ability to create small spaces without some way to let the camera move through walls (An old bungie game did it perfectly some 20 years ago). Immersion is a psychological process that always gets misrepresented by people on the internet. There are so many other things that increase or decrease immersion. The way my brain works is that I get more immersed if I get reminded that I am indeed not a floating camera, rather a person interacting with the world. This is helped by having a static camera (no kill-cams and forced camera changes). Granted, KC:D is perhaps the most immersive FPCamera I have yet to find in a game. But it is STILL less immersive than AC:Origins, at least to how my mind works. Perhaps people like you really dont have the ability to create extentions in your mind. Question: what is your quality of handwriting? or other tasks that require you mind to incorporate a tool?

As for the mods. It seems that they wont release the modding tools as promised. So waiting for mods is a direct lie. Even IF they get Crytek to sign off on the modding tools, they have said that they haven’t even started on them. Which means that for people who need things like 3rd person camera, the game will be likely be practically released in 2019.

But to discuss immersion even more, i’d have to point you towards Dead Space, the most immersive game I have ever played. Reason is that all HUD elements are incorporated into the game world. This simply cannot be done with a FPCamera. On screen effects are a poor measure when compared to actual changes on your avatars body.

There is so much they could do. Just an “echo” style UI would be far more immersive than the 2D floating images currently in the game. But they could also add dramatically different postures to denote 100% - 75% - 50% - 10% health, same for stamina, flowing blood, etc.

There is something I want you to test out. Look at a wall, and turn your head to either side. Your brain interprets the visual stimuli according to your baro-receptors, letting you know exactly where up is. A picture is not beholden to the same mental processes, if your character would do the same, your brain would not be able to incorporate baro-receptors, so your brain interprets the visual stimuli as changed, rather than your head chaning. this is the basis for simulation-sickness and sea-sickness. A fully functioning brain is the reason why people complain about things like this. So be careful when you or others on the internet try to act superior to someone with simulation sickness. Their brain is better functioning than yours.

I honestly cannot understand people who prefer FPCamera, and no explanation provided has of yet made me think that it is nothing but unintelligent stubbornness.

I would not mind at all if they would come out and say that mod-tools are being release next month. If so, then I would likely be able to fill up any holes provided by lack of animations and clipping-issues with armors and clothing. But the ONLY news we have had is that Crytek does not want to release the mod tools. So stubbornness and degrading people wanting a specific feature irks me. In particular because the reasoning is super flawed.

1 Like

[quote=“Spelly, post:20, topic:39886, full:true”]
whine whine whine[/quote]

If you don’t understand, don’t bother posting, actually why are you even playing First Person Shooter games?

As for mods, nexus, look it up.

Yeah i am playing games like skyrim witcher fallout 3d or cv1. An its a mess that this cool game has no third person nor a free camera feature. These are essential features must have! Even if developpers say it kills immersion, i say its enhancing immersion… so what we need is :THird person feature with a free camera mode this bring this game to a level maybe superior to Skyrim peace out :sunny:

1 Like

Third person is not realistic. If you let someone get behind you in a fight while concentrating on someone else third person view gives an unrealistic advantage and lets you see when youre about to be struck from behind when you really shouldnt have that warning.

Understood, but this is not an egoschooter this is a game that has more to offer,I dont play games to just mutilate npcs i play games because you can kill and you might not .I like the environment , the graphics and the modding. Skyirm is old but KCD can be the next genration skyrim… and of course you can switch to first person whenever u feel like it… so its up to the individual to use that feature or dont use it… but its a must for all rpg

1 Like

I wouldn’t use it personally. I think 3rd person views cheapen gaming. That said, it’s a single player game so I wouldn’t be forced to use it. Thus, I don’t really care. If they feel like putting the hours into developing it, so be it.

1 Like