Third person would be great for Kingdom Come!

So your just going to ignore me?

The relevance is simply that Dan appears to be an advocate of Third Person, and that the community caused his knee buckling reaction. His soul is suffering. Canā€™t you see?!?!

1 Like

For a game thats over a decade old and has no direct correlation to the current title or developer, other then Daniel Varvra? wow thatā€™s some compelling confirmation bias.

Daniel Varva the creative director, the person who more then likely had the original vision to make a first person experience in the first place.

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve been following the same development everyone else has but Dan does not buckle to the cries and opinions of others.

Itā€™s his unwillingness to compromise his vision that lead to this title not being picked up by mainstream game developers and thusly being funded via Kickstarter.

3 Likes

hehe, I liked this :wink:

1 Like

The pro third person arguments in this thread are so bad, Iā€™m starting to think theyā€™re just trolling at this point.

This statement right here was so stupid it made my jaw drop.

Iā€™m pro TPV, as an option to facilitate things like free-view and panning around.

This ā€˜optionā€™ in my theoretical world, wouldnā€™t impact FPV combat, mini-games or other critical game mechanics. And would just be usable during free roaming activities within the game world.

Not overly sure why people would be against that, so what are your objections mate?

Iā€™m pro third person as well, but as you stated earlier people are just beating a dead horse. The arguments two particular pro third person people in this thread have been making are abysmal, and are doing more to harm their cause then help it, like accusing Warhorse of being misleading when it came to TPV, or complaining that they didnā€™t know KC:D was going to be a FPV only game when they purchased it.

3 Likes

Agreed.

And, yea this sort of stuff is pure rubbish. From day one itā€™s been abundantly clear what the intentions and direction was for this game. Anyone who says otherwise is either dumb, ignorant, stupid, or a collection of all of the above.

3 Likes

I donā€™t need third person so long as I can look around with VR.

ā€“ Off-topic ---- Off-topic ---- Off-topic ---- Off-topic ---- Off-topic ā€“

Indeed. And yet not quiteā€¦ ā€œUnwillingness to compromiseā€ can also have a negative connotation (to exemplify: a certain German dictator was also ā€œunwilling to compromise his visionā€).

ā€“ Off-topic ---- Off-topic ---- Off-topic ---- Off-topic ---- Off-topic ā€“

Thatā€™s a bit rude. Some people, like myself, have been wanting a realistic, medieval game, for a long, long time. I saw enough material to make a donation. I will say that I had an understanding that, early on in the development, itā€™s direction was first person. But I also saw a lot of posts from Dan, asking the community about implementing third person. So part of my donation was hope that intelligence would prevail over the whims over a small minority.

I play most games FPV 70%+ of the time. I just like the option to switch to TPV. So Iā€™m not mad I donated.

Iā€™m disappointed in the behavior of people on here who seem to think implementing TPV will somehow impact their SINGLE PLAYER use of FPV. Who gives a fuck if someone else plays on TPV? It boggles my mind.

[Deleted Part by Dr.Fusselpulli] (I kid, I kid :slight_smile: ), letā€™s stop and think for a second here.

Danā€™s past opinions on game development most definitely have pertinence here. He obviously is an advocate of third person. Why would he create a poll, asking people about implementing TPV, if he wasnā€™t wanting it implemented himself? If he was deadset on implementing JUST FPVā€“and since he apparently doesnā€™t ā€œbuckle to the cries and opinions of othersā€ā€“why would he create that poll? Explain that.

His past responses in interviews and his behavior on these forums makes it pretty clear that he would be completely fine implementing TPV. He even defended the fact that it would not take away time or resources from fully implementing FPV. Why would he make such a confession? Think!

Cute. Iā€™m over this debate.

I jest. Sorry you took offense. I was poking fun at your lavishing praise of Dan. That was all. Hasnā€™t anyone been in a hockey locker room before?! :wink:

Anyways, I get where youā€™re coming from. I know what youā€™re trying to say. But I think thereā€™s merit to things Dan has said in the past, and his comments on these forums. I think he is an advocate for TPV.

I have never praised especially lavishly, anyone on this development team other then Viktor Bocan.

Before this project I never had never heard the name Daniel Varvra.

Your attempt at fanboy argument has no credence and is a continuation of your irrelevant argument points.

Oh, cā€™mon haha, ā€œbuckle to the cries and opinions of others.ā€ā€¦ you writing a romance novel?? Just a tad dramatic, donā€™t you think?

Anyways, fine, I get it, you were sour. I unloaded a commen (in jest!!), but it was mean-spirited. I apologize.

Now, my argument points, in regards to TPV, I think are definitely relevant. How can you disregard the fact that Dan, who was in charge of Mafia, had an opinion of TPV (pro TPV), and you think that him working on KCD, and even making a post polling peopleā€™s interest in TPV, has no relevance.

Now youā€™re just ignoring logic and common sense.

Its really simple.

He expressed an opinion on TPV in direct realtion to Mafia, not games or game development in general.

Perhaps, but it was not lavish nor praise.

Btw your the one who opened the doorā€¦

My word chioce was based directly off your melodramatic representation.

The poll was created becuase of many requests for TPV. The potential to increase thier profit margins and to appease thier investor was the motivation not Dans personal opinion on TPV.

I hereby request to close this unproductive topic :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe my comments were a tad harshā€¦ but at the end of the day, weā€™re in agreement on this topic.

Itā€™s all about providing an option to players, without impacting the first person elements.

Anyways, Iā€™m with our mighty Emperor @Phaidon on this one, letā€™s wrap it up coz weā€™re all getting nowhere fast haha

4 Likes

So where did Dan acknowledge this? If you are privy to some knowledge I am not, letā€™s here it.

Because what Iā€™ve done is grabbed evidence and presented an argument for that. You on the other hand are just unloading conjecture. So if you have some evidence Dan was just trying to ā€œappease their investorā€ and ā€œincrease their profit marginsā€, then Iā€™m all ears.