Tournament Mode

Guys, I’ve seen a lot of threads mentioning tournament mode… but what do we know about it? Has the team talked to anything specific around this game mode, and what can we expect? outside of the fact that it will be a separate single player game mode away from the main campaign

Historically speaking we know that tourney’s centred around the melee, with jousting (and potentially other single combat events) being subsidiary components.

Be nice to get some more detail around this mode… and hear peoples thoughts on it

Bumping this to see if anyone has any input before the thread vanishes into the ether

The tournament is more of a “secondary” feature (means no core feature for the game to function) that was added later on for reaching a stretch goal. That said I believe it’s still in the design phase. I think this feature will be active in the late Alpha / early Beta of the game. So talking about its features now wouldn’t make sense if it’s running through several iterations and every iteration is leading to change the tournament system.

Let’s see if some devs can provide official statements about it.

Thanks Yuusou, I was merely raising this out of simple curiosity. I understand that this mode is a feature add on, and that it will have in essence zero impact to the core game. However I was interested to get peoples thoughts and potentially their expectations; at this stage there’s been very little talk about the Tournament mode and what we’d all envisage or expect.

That may very well be due in part (as you highlighted) to it being very early on in the dev cycle… I thought it was worth asking the question never the less.