Translation for new Video Update!

Nope… video is needed :no_mouth:

still no video ? oh (20characters)

Hey Doc @DrFusselpulli … how’s the new video update coming along? Got any insider info on ETA?

We hungry for update :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry, I was… and I am pretty sick at the moment, I was not in the office for almost a week right now, but the videoupdate should there be soon. I know you think we said that often (we did), but at the moment everything looks quite fine about the next videoupdate. Hopefully this week, but I can not confirm anything right now.

@DrFusselpulli @TobiTobsen any news on the video update?

Um… we still stuggle with it, but you already know this is not a “news”.

I guess it is going to be a mo-cap video from a game. And Mr. Vávra will be a knight sitting on a horse, fighting in a battle and talking about new features in Aplha 0.5 :smiley: Thats why its taking this long…

Okay Guys… I have some really bad news.
As you maybe know, it was already our third try to get the videoupdate completed, the new video guy didn´t liked that at all. He recently quit and now we have no work at all… :worried:

We decided that we want to make a livestream in the next days, but unfortunately there will be no videoupdate.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that.
When do you think the live stream wil be?

We have no fixed date about that, but we want to make it as soon as possible, as we don´t will have a videoupdate. You can prepare some questions for the livestream if you want, we are willing to answer them.

Didn’t Nikolai do the previous video updates? What’s up with him?

He is alive and kicking! But lets focus on the live stream instead :-]

Who the fuck did you hire? Was that you attempt to fill the obligatory percentage of disabled employees?

Live stream? Yeah, saying “fuck the presentation of the studio and game to outside world” seems like the right strategy half-a-year before planned release.

2 Likes

Agree. I would be really interested to know what exactly happened to that video update. Seems like it was somehow nearly done but now its completely lost? I mean a video update shouldn´t be a too complicated thing to do?

Right? Just put Dan the Handsome before camera, and that video basically makes itself! :smiley: But hey, livestream is even better for us imo, we can ask realtime, and footage can be uploaded to youtube later :slight_smile:

Yeah, something is so weird about this. I wonder what really happened. How do you have it almost done, looking good, and suddenly it gets fukced up :smiley: more times than once. I mean I understand there could be problem or something, and I would respect it. All I would like to know is the real reason or explanation. But just because of my curiosity :smiley: I guess im ok with live stream.
Maybe guys will explain it in a stream!

3 Likes

Take it easy people, there is more important stuff than the videoupdate. I’m glad that we’ll at least have the livestream instead. BTW who was the new video guy? gets pitchfork ready

1 Like

I´m okay with the livestream too, dot get me wrong xD Just like you I´m just curious about what actually happened

1 Like

Okay, we don´t want to have sectrets in front of our community, so I will try to explain the problem as accurate as possible.

The first Video update was done before the alpha was ready, because we wanted to publish both at the same time, video update and alpha. And it was pretty fine, but as the alpha was not ready yet, the team which was responsible for making the video had never played the alpha 0.5 at this point, and the video crew expected in some points a different alpha then the real alpha would be.

As we notice that the video would not fit to the alpha in every point, we had to make a new video very quick, because we don´t wanted to create false expectations through an unaccurate video.
So the second video was done, but this was done to quick, with a lack of structure and quality, and we decided that this would be not very pleasing.

As we know, that the new video guy would come very soon, we decided to make this video update his first task. But as we had already two attempts to make the new video, it was pretty important to us to make it good this time. This should be no problem at all, as he would be a professional.
However, the video guy was new, working in a team he does not know with an urgend task that was very important and with new equipment he had not used before in this constellation. No wonder not everything was going well - again - and he had to listen to a lot of critique in his first days, there was just no time for failures anymore. This somehow must be to much preassure to him, he must come to the conclusion that Warhorse is not the right place for him, so he quitted almost instantly. Maybe he just met us at the wrong time…

And now we don´t have a video update…

8 Likes

Well, shit happens :slight_smile: And we (if I may talk for others) respect that things like these could happen even if you are trying hard to do everything right.
I love you for this. I am sorry for pressure on you. Its just, when you want to make something secret, we want to know i even more.
Thanks for that a lot.
My curiosity finally found a peace.

4 Likes