Tried to start a new game

I tried to start a new game and there is a glitch in the main quest line. Henry can not open dialog with the person who gives sword fighting lessons. I tried to do the tasks in every order possible to see it it helps and it didn’t. I only then found another bug. If you pick up the cross guard first and walk down to town the man who is supposed to be giving you lessons kills you once immediately get within his range. No dialog no nothing. You can not ethically continue to sell this game if you can not complete the very first task. Please fix this immediately.

Did you go to him in the morning? Like around 9:00 am should work.

And you tried restarting again?

No matter what, he should talk to you about lessons even if he is the middle of asking the other guy if he wants to learn something.

Where is Combat Master Vanyek when you first seem him? It should be sitting/leaning on a table near a guy who is sitting down. Also, when you first approach him, he should ask if someone wants to learn something.

He asks the guy if he wants to learn something and then you can’t promt a conversation with him no matter what. Or he attacks you and kills you once you get to the charcoal vendor

What console are you on?

I am also having this issue on ps4. Seems to only be the second playline

1 Like

I just started a new game due to Xbox crashes and 4 or more bugged quests and didn’t have the problem.

Trying confronting the drunk first.

Shouldn’t matter what order you do what.

I’d try what @Chadwick is saying and start a new game on a different playline than the one you’re on to see if that works.

Hello everyone,

we know about this bug but we are not able to reproduce this with certainty. It would really help us if someone could send to me the save files (the save file that is created after talking with mother). From that i would be able to debug this problem and come up with solution :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time!

email: jan.rucker@warhorsestudios.cz
https://twitter.com/jan_rucker

2 Likes

I’m on PS4 and its on my second save profile. Is there a way for me to do that?

The same way. Only you will export more files -> Profiles, Playline0, Playline1 (together 6 different files i think) It would be great to have all of them.

I’ll try that once I get home thanks!

No, i thank you :slight_smile: Your save files will help us a lot.

1 Like

I sent you the files last night did you get them?

Hey,
YES! And we were able to debug the problem already. We know what is the issue and we are working on the fix as we speak. Thank you again for your help. Anyway a workaround for you. If you want to start a new game:

1)close game
2 delete save file Playline1 (it would be wise to backup your files)
3 Start the game again
(Don´t load your save files)
4)New game -> Choose playline 2
5)New game will be started and the problem shouldn´t occour

:slight_smile:

Have good day.

email: jan.rucker@warhorsestudios.cz
https://twitter.com/jan_rucker

1 Like

I just got around to trying this last night. It worked. Thanks for your help!