Troll cave II

Never gonna let this meme Die!

You’re talking to the man who has used Katanas as bait for the past two years.

actually, the blade is intentionaly dull, because its a trainging sword.
Sharpening it would probably destroy it :smiley:

What happens when the person now attacking your interests is no longer a man in a motor boat and is now say for
Example Iran [quote=“SirWarriant, post:2822, topic:27880”]
Something which i don’t agree with. The U.S was founded as a nation were people go if they wanted to escape the politics and wars in the rest of the world. We got too involved in ww1, and we’ve replaced you tea baggers as the world police.

But since we are involved in the world, we do need those things. Hopefully one day we can go back to being isolationists, so until then i want a strong military that has offensive capabilities.
[/quote]

When you was founded you still had a navy which patrolled your trading routes but they were smaller .
Now your interests are all over the world . You need oil therefore it’s your interest that , that oil safely flows from its source .
As a result your military might is used to protect that flow as it’s vital to you as many other resources are .

If you seriously think any country can completely
Isolate its self from the world and flourish then You’re extremely naive.
The US could keep its nose out of a few issues yes but the idea that you can simply bunker down and protect your borders is so stupid it’s unreal . That’s a policy I would expect from the left wing .

1 Like

Iran is only our enemy due to our foreign policy. I never suggested getting rid of our navy, i merely suggested we reform our military to be more for defense. Carriers are used for offense, our destroyers, and submarines are more than capable of safe guarding our trade routes.

We don’t need oil from abroad, plenty of it here. The only reason we need military influence in Europe is to counter Russian influence, and for military action in the middle east. We could do without that.

Same deal with Asia.

When i say isolationism, I don’t mean North Korea style. I mean us not having entangling alliances (cough cough NATO) us having bases in foreign countries like in Europe, and us only using military action within our sphere of influence.

A system that served us quite well, but we got involved in ww1 which we never should have. We are not part of Europe, or Asia, so i see no need for us to act like it.

It’s not our job to baby sit other nations. We can have a friendly relationship, and trade with other nations, but we shouldn’t get bogged down in the wars and politics of countries from another continent, unless it threatens us.

Left wing got us into Vietnam, and World war one, and Libya, Syria, and Iraq are destroyed because of the left.

They only claim to be isolationists when a right wing president invades a country.

1 Like

That is an interesting thing. The more fucked Russia gets, the more Russians are seemingly moving to Prague (the Mercedes S Class and Range Rover Russians variety).

On the other hand spa towns that were oriented on Russian clientèle (fly them in for two weeks and send them back) are completely dry now.

That must be really awkward for them, given the way most of you guys seem to feel about Russians. :smile:

Are most of them military aged males? Perhaps they’re infiltrating the country in preparation for an invasion.

Neither of that should be a problem - theoretically.

The biggest problem is lack of training, as we have had a fully professional army for a whole generation now. Getting the men to barracks and arming them up is one thing, teaching them what to do is something completely different.

Well at least we have some 150.000 civilians with privately owned military grade firearms who know how to use them.

Anything capable of taking out Tanks and Helicopters?

1 Like

They’ve said they are only on vacation here.
On the other hand, Russia has twice as many people at embassy than USA (second largest).

Well, we can switch sights on roads. That will show them!

BTW, this is Russian units in Prague. Officially, the driver was tired.

2 Likes

Tanks and helicopters are not useful for that kind of engagement.

Something along this line:

That all sounds great but when say the Russian army roles into town . You need a bit more than someone that can shoot straight . You need serious fire power . Artillery , anti-air , planes , tanks , anti-tank.

Ohh please tell the rebels in Aleppo that beautiful tale . You might have to shout over the sound of them Russian bombs though

Well you could definitely cause them a lot of trouble. But the cost of forcing them out via insurgency would likely be around ten years of occupation and potentially hundreds of thousands of dead Czechs.

Something you want to avoid if you can.

We would not be able to field enough to counter them head on anyway. This is country of 10M, Russia has 180M. The best bet would be making it into another Afghanistan for Russians.

Rebels in Allepo are conducting position warfare, I was talking about guerrilla warfare everywhere and nowhere within the territory of the country.

The Afghans are at war the moment they leave the womb . Most can’t shoot but they know how to fight .

You know how to shoot but not how to fight .
All you would create is a shit ton of hind videos of them wiping you out .

Don’t get me wrong you’d be a pain in the arse but your not afngans and you don’t have the access to kit and expertise that the Afghans have .

Some kids in the taliban have been learning to kill and make bombs from the age of about 4 or sometimes less . A bunch of liberal fucktards with guns don’t quite have the same effect …no offence

They are conducting urban guerrilla warfare . Small groups holding a building . Bogging down a larger force then pulling but now they have reached the issue of being surrounded and no longer room to manoeuvre. So yes now they are making a final stand .
They are being blown the fuck out of by sheer amounts of air power . Your tale of the Czechs against the Germans is heroic and deserves credit yes but they were not facing precision air attacks , cluster bombs and just about everything else.

You are missing the point. Syrian civil war has been conducted as position warfare for a very long time. Same in Aleppo.

The article I linked showed real guerrilla warfare. When Germans wanted to deal with 200 fighters, they had to mount 10.000 soldiers to comb their area of operation. After a week the 10.000 managed to get less than dozen while losing 6. They didn’t achieve the objective and once the 10.000 were needed elsewhere Germans again started losing troops, trucks, material (e.g. whole train full of gas - which was a great deal at that time of the war), etc.

Had Aleppo been guerrilla war the government troops would already have control of the city, while losing lower number of troops everywhere else. Once they would concentrate on the other place, they would start losing troops in Aleppo.

That is, of course, possible only when the local population is friendly to the fighters.

The idea is not winning, it is about making it impossible for the enemy to achieve a clear victory.

cough, cough raises hand :wink:

2 Likes

If you are willing to relocate to Prague I suppose it could be arranged.