What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

I think the way they are likely to increase difficulty is by adding enemies. It was stated that fighting multiple foes at once will be extremely challenging, and it will encourage you to gain allies through the story line.

Yes it is 3x3 or 3x4. However, Vavra pointed out that the apparently “huge” maps in other big rpg’s are similarly sized. They just feel bigger because of what Vavra calls “potato landscape.” Read his blog on it here. It’s a very entertaining read. :smile:

Just for your information, all of Oblivion has a size of around 7.7 x 7.4km, (or 4x3 km according to Dan Vavra, probably based on proper geometry and subtracting ocean). Skyrim’s area is approximately 6.9x5.4km. WoW (after deleting the sea) is approximately 13x10km. The map sizes are deceptive you see
 this is all explained (with pictures) in his blog about “potato landscapes.”

4 Likes

Agree on most points here, for example in TES Morrowind you had to use “public transport” to fast travel, wich was way more imersive than clicking on a map.

But regarding point f), I do agree, but is this not the most realistic way to simulate skill making? If you pick several locks in real life, you will surely get better at it, I would love some examples of systems that works better and at the same time is realistic. The one I can think of is to have no skillsystem at all, as long as the game is skillbased. Meaning that if lockpicing was a minigame that required skills in-game, you would naturally get better at it the more you played.

7 Likes

I agree, did not like skyrim much with all the extra space and emptyness.

At OP question, the ability to pass every quest, would like to see consequences for failing.

Things I don’t want to see in KC: D - I agree with 99% of what people say here.
I agree that excluding sex in order to be Politically Correct
 would be silly, but please don’t add it in a vulgar manner as is often seen in tv series like Spartacus, Rome.

These will seem like repetition of things others have said, but thats ok. I’m glad I don’t even have to mention magic though
 :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t want to see:

1. Levelled game world, where the player levels up his base stats
    making him deadly in the end, and enemies leveling up accordingly
    (almost 100% of RPGs out there). I want it to be based on player
    skill + good expensive equipment. So please, a DE-Leveled world.
  2. Lame quests - pick up 3 items here, give them there. Turn 3 handles
    in this order to open door

3. Checkpoint system without ability to save game.
  4. Clunky HUD-based user interface. Instead make the UI a part of your
    body. Want to check how many arrows you have? Just rotate the quiver
    from your back and have a peek into it.
  5. Repetitive gameplay, make the minigames fun and challenging and with
    many variations
  6. Please don’t exclude decapitations and gore. Please include it, but don’t make
    it look over the top.
  7. Boss battles. The absolutely WORST cliché in gaming at the time of this writing.
13 Likes

i think lots of people are wasting words here. obviously, bikini armor will not be featured. obviously no boss battles, etc, etc.

post some suggestions that devs might actually miss. because if i were dev, i wouldn’t even read this thread now.

8 Likes

no killing restriction like in real life, kill any and everyone, regardless of age,gender or whatever, and let the world react accordingly.

Everything is being basically covered; low and high class with a mix (of course), female armor actually covering the character (even though I don’t think that women would be fighting during this time period), a nice and various collection of armor and weapons. I know I wouldn’t want to see in-game purchases. Due to this game being what it is so far I don’t think I have to worry about it but it something to think about.

Just wanted to reiterate this here since so many threads are pushing for this. No multiplayer please. Almost every game now has a multiplayer component and while I am looking forward to games like Destiny and Titanfall I backed this because it is a solo experience and I would love for it to stay that way. No world invasion, nobody sneaking into a large battle, I don’t want to worry about anyone else turning up and I would prefer if resources weren’t diverted to implementing MP. If u want MP they play something else, there is a great selection out there just waiting to be played!

2 Likes

I don’t want to see a game like Assassins Creed.
Talking about dumb enemies, silly combat and mouse button spam fights.

I’m very interested in how the “skill based crafting minigames” will work. What I really don’t want to see are minigames which bore me to death after the third time like the highways in X:Rebirth.
So if there are minigames design them in a way where they can keep the player occupied or be turned off if not wanted.

3 Likes

As most other people have said, no multiplayer or co-op please. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, not every topic should be just for developers. People may write anything there and discuss whatever they want. Whenever there appear some good idea, feel free to send it directly to devs :slight_smile: Many people talk about what they don’t want to see, rather than what they want. Even such disscusion may provide inspiration.

1 Like

As other people hare have also requested, I don’t want to see any morality system in this game that forces you to either be all good or all evil.
I think that if you want to give meaningful choices to the player they should reward or punish the player on a case by case basis.

1 Like

Please do not destroy it with mostly unnecessary political correctness. In the 15th century in Bohemia region there certainly was not some “Babilon” with a multicultural society and equal opportunities for men and women! Middle age was not perfect, but it was as it was. Do not change it please!

2 Likes

To me there is nothing remotely realistic in “improve trough use” systems. They assume that your character has spent most of his life to reach his starting level and then, in a couple of weeks (a ridiculously short amount of time), he becomes able to master basically everything, even worst by simply repeating basic actions. This is as game-y as any other system out there.

I have more than a decade of experience in RPGs, both tabletops and videogames. There is no such thing as a realistic character development system. In the best case scenario you’ll have a well balanced system that provides you with interesting choices. The Elders Scolls systems are none of that. They are unbalanced and boring.

PS: given the action nature of this game, I’d be ok with no character development at all.

About Female character.

The female knight don’t exist. The rare exemple of women who take armour (Jeanne of Montfort or Jeanne d’Arc) have just take armour for protection during the battle, they don’t kill nobody. It’s not “prejudge” about Middle ages, it’s the historical reality.
However, a lot a noble women have managed her manor with perfection and ingenuity, it’s proved.

I don’t no how do you want to include female character but it will be a shame to breack the historical reality in this game.

Regards

1 Like

The main thing that I don’t want is predictability. I truly wanna be surprised by events that happen. A true game of thrones type of thing like the Red Wedding. Make me like my quest giver and then kill him off later which causes my character grief and hindrance in his journeys.

I hope, there will not be too many mini games. Everything else looks pretty excellent to me already. :slight_smile:

Different people want different things.

I can see that some people would want to do the mundane things like oil their sword etc, but i have seen others in the thread say they have a full time job (as do it) and wouldnt have the time to play the game enough for that. Turning mundane game play features on and off would be the best for all.

But I trust warhorses judgement. They know their rpgs since at least back as far as 1991 and they seem to be making the right calls so far.

5 Likes