Where stealth?

On my new save no random encounters =)
Now i wanna get answer from WH.

1 Like

Geez dude, maybe try some patience? A trollorific topic name and four demanding posts in seven hours.

Go do something, go outside, breathe some fresh air, take a nap. At least wait HALF a day before expressing your vitriol at how long they’re taking to answer you personally.

Now, with that out of the way…

I don’t see why you have a problem with what happened. Stealth isn’t 100% guaranteed. You were able to sneak up on him and kill him without waking him up, correct? Congratulations, that’s successful stealth. “Stealth” doesn’t mean that you can walk around and kill a dozen people without their deaths being 100% silent.

If you think about it just briefly, you should be able to realize that killing someone is noisy. Even if they don’t wake up, they still gargle and move. While an NPC’s death is not 100% guaranteed to wake someone up, it’s also not going to wake them up 100% of the time.

I suggest saving the game at the edge of the camp. Then sneak in and start killing, silently. See how often someone wakes up. Is it 100%? It shouldn’t be, but it also shouldn’t be 0%.

Also… the one and only stat you provided was the 30% bonus for Chameleon. Were you walking slowly? Were you crouched? What is your stealth skill level? I can’t read your game, but the numbers make it seem like you’re not exactly high-level. Also… if you think about it… 30% is a pretty low number.

In order to sneak into camp AND kill everyone WITHOUT waking up anyone, you have to be really, really, really good. And also lucky.

You seem to think that you should be able to do it with no problem at all, and that’s completely unrealistic.

Realistic stealth means you have an increased chance, but definitely not 100%.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that you can kill someone while he is sleeping and people around won’t wake up? That is really possible in KCD?? I thought it was scripted to always wake up everyone nearby…

1 Like

if u not see vedio my stealth lvl 17.
If u not see i use sneack.
If u not see i drink potion Cat leap. Its give me +5 stealth now i has 17+5=22 lvl.
I unwear all gear.
And i has stat noise == 0
4 NPC sleep in bed.
One sit on sofa and eating.
And i sneack behind targer and use silent kill.
And all sleeping NPC wake up.
If u say about realism its game. In real life i cant be sword master but after 2 hour with bernard i best sword master.
And that alch potions its not realism.
Go to youtobe and type to search “kingdom come deliverance stealth”
And all people say its pice of shit.
Go to ratay and go still items from cheast.
Not caught, not a thief.
But reputation merchat to u will decrise =) And its realism. In that game no realism qoz its game. There not stealth. U can kill one(in stealth) and after 2 sec 5 guys with big sword will kick ur ass.
Steal work only out of mission qoz all quest was scripted. And ur stealt is piace of shit. When u try stealth kill quest camp u all time caught.
But if u go in city and knok all guard in tower u never be caught.
Better take bow and one shot one kill =) Its better.
And about ur realism. In real life in millitary school shen 100 boys sllep in one room never hear noise.
Sorry for my bad english

Go to ratay in arsenal tower behind taverna.
U can kill all sleeping guards =)
Qoz his not scripted =)
U can sneak kill fast travel encounter qoz its not scripted.
U can kill all who not quest NPC.

Yes, yes it is. I’ve done it a few times. If you like I can record it. It takes a lot of skill of course. Stealth skill helps, as do Padfoot potions.

I’m not even going to try to reply to Zaazik. I don’t know if it’s an ESL issue but I can’t comprehend what he’s trying to say, but I’m pretty sure it’s not. I’ve seen that style of “every half-sentence is a new line” on the internet for a long, long time, so I’m pretty sure he’s doing it intentionally. So… no need to even worry about helping him. But I will tell YOU that yes, yes it is possible.

Certainly difficult, but definitely possible.

So, if you expect to be able to do it every time for… I’m clueless as to why you would expect that to be the case, you’ll be sorely disappointed and you’ll post about how “its pice of shit” but if you realize that the game is aiming for skill-based realism in MOST of its aspects, you’ll appreciate that this is a rare-and-difficult-but-definitely-possible feat. Something special to be savored.

Zoroaster, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors in the stealth of this game. I hope you experience the same amount of joy as I did the first time I was able to stealth kill and entire camp WITHOUT waking them up. It was a truly rewarding experience. I giggled MANY times.

1 Like

Thanks for answering. Well then, one of my next Henry’s gone be stealth focused and I will try to acomplish that. :wink: Hopefully patch 1.4 will come soon.

Why is it so hard to understand? Really, what’s the story?

You criticize the dude for demanding posts? Are you serious? He’s got all the right in the world to demand, that’s his right and duty as a customer.

Do you know what the problem is? The problem is the lack of communication from WH side. If they’d put just one guy to ocasionally post something official, like: “Listen people, we’re currently working on this, this and that and we hope to release the patch in XX days. We will keep you posted.”

That would calm down almost the entire community. We’re not children, alright.
But we actually don’t know what the hell is going on. All we get is a tweet (a goddamn tweet) about a patch coming, nothing more. No specifics, no real interest of informing us, the customers.

I could care less about the bugs and just wait patiently for each fix, if only we were treated with the respect that we deserve. If you treat people like children, they will act like children. That’s it.

It is ALL WH’s fault. All of it.

I just can’t understand all the people that are so fiercely defending the devs in every topic. “Ohh, you gotta forgive them, it’s an indie company”. “Ohh, you crying little kid, be patient and stop whining.”
I don’t know, feels like some of you would even act as mattresses for the devs if told so.

At this point Warhorse should be in constant contact with the community.

2 Likes

I love the game, backed it, and have been a huge fan of WH. And I agree with your statement. Regardless of what your line of work is, you stay in communication with your customers, especially when you’re the one running behind.

Yeah, that is annoying.

OH.
MY.
GOD.

You have got some serious issues. You may need serious help.

To answer the one and only legitimate question “Why is it so hard to understand?” - Because Zaazik doesn’t follow any known rules of communication (such as sentence structure, spelling, grammar, and lil things like that) and i don’t feel like trying to translate what he/she is trying to complain. If you’d read what I’d said, you’d see I was having trouble understanding Zaazik. I even acknowledge considering that English isn’t his first language. But communicating the way he did is NOT something ESL people do.

And the strawman is strong with you. For example.

“You criticize the dude for demanding posts” <— Nope. If you’d read my posts, you’d see that I criticized him for four posts in less than half a day. You can tell because I said “four demanding posts in seven hours”
You say “If they’d put just one guy to ocasionally post something official, like: “Listen people, we’re currently working on this, this and that and we hope to release the patch in XX days. We will keep you posted.”” <— Um… then why hasn’t the fact that they’ve announced all of this many times in many posts and the fact that 1.4 is scheduled next week placated you?

Just because you choose to be ignorant of their press releases doesn’t mean they don’t make them. They make them on twitter (a popular platform nearly ALL studios communicate via): https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/977265385648082944 on Steam News: https://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/allnews/ on popular websites https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-14-patch-is-finished-will-be-hopefully-be-out-next-week/ on this very forum Patch 1.4 being tested <— It took about 50 seconds on google to find those examples. If you actually TRIED you could likely come up w/ many more example of WH communicating that you have chosen to ignore.

So… yeah your claim that “just one guy to ocasionally (sic) post something official” is clearly a lie.

You don’t want to be treated like children? You’re literally doing the forum version of throwing yourself down on the ground and flailing around in a massive hissy-fit in the middle of the store.

I do owe you a thanks though… once every few years, there’s such a wonderful example that perfectly encapsulates the overly-entitled, whiny-butt spoiled trollerific community reputation that gamers have earned. There’s the d*ck attacks in Second Life, the Half-Life 2 hack, the Starcraft 2 boycott, the humble bundle theft… and now we have this post. Congrats!

I won’t reply to you again, because I don’t believe in feeding trolls, but seriously… I pray you’re 15, because if you’re a grown-ass adult acting like this… please… get help.

The sad thing is you’ll likely mistake this for me NOT being critical of the game, because you have a strawman addiction. Couldn’t be further from the truth. Then again, you completely ignore my clearly-explained fact-based counter to the bit of Zaazik’s post that I could be bothered to translate where I point out that you CAN indeed stealth-assassinate people without waking up neighbors, so why bother posting about the many problems that I do have with this game and WH’s post-release PR, it won’t do any good.

So you got my criticism wrong, you outright lie about WH’s communication, and you claim you’re not acting like children. Kudos to you, however, for admitting that you do indeed act like children (ironically not but four sentences after you claim to not be children).

If anyone else wants to have a conversation among adults who are in control of their emotions, I’m game. For example, I’m all for giving tiny indie studios (yes, 80 is tiny) putting out there very first game more leeway, but only to a point. This game is on my “I definitely recommend this… eventually… ask me in a few months” list when friends ask if they should buy it. It pains me to put it on that list, but that’s where it belongs.

I DEFINITELY tell them to stay away from the forums because right now it’s filled with rage-fueled people who don’t even know how to read properly.

So… to answer the ORIGINAL question…

Stealth is tough. You’re never going to be 100% guaranteed of pulling off something stealthy, but you definitely CAN do things like killing someone in their sleep without waking up neighbors. If you feel that you should be able to pull that off 100% of the time… dunno what to tell you, you disagree with the design of the game and you probably shouldn’t have bought the game in the first place.

1 Like

I actually intentionally did NOT follow this game because it looked like one of those games that would be spoiled by following it, so I waited til the game was released before diving in. I also waited about a month because I saw the MASSIVE 26 gig Release-Day patch and… since this isn’t my first rodeo… I knew that the game was released unfinished. Plus, y’know, there’s the fact that WH outright said it was unfinished.

So, if I may ask, what do you mean “have been a huge fan of WH”? This is literally their very first game, is it not? Do you mean you became a fan during the production process, or is WH a conglomeration of devs from other studios, kinda like how Black Isle is kinda the former Interplay and Obsidian is kinda the remnants of Black Isle and parts of BioWare? I’m honestly curious how you can “have been a huge fan” of a brand new studio.

Well, let’s see…I’ll do my best to answer your question without letting this devolve into yet another internet shouting match.

I first learned about KCD four years ago, while it was still on Kickstarter. I did not back it at the time, despite my initial excitement. I followed their progress for about a year before I financially chipped in. I researched their team, and was duly impressed with the experience many of them brought to the group.

Since that time, I’ve had three years to watch them develop this game, interact with their fans, and show dedicated effort to research as much as they could. So, your assumption that I became a fan of the studio during the production process is accurate. I’ve been impressed with their work, and their attention to detail. Seriously, historical down to the choice of font for the GUI? Nice.

Not the first game I’ve backed, definitely not the first game I’ve played that’s been released incomplete. No big deal there, I’ve been enjoying it while they work out the bugs. I enjoyed the beta, and this is certainly a big step up from that. I do, however, wish that they would be a bit more proactive on keeping their player base up-to-date.

1 Like

Very cool, and thanks for the re:. I highly considered backing KCD but was unable to. You seem to have an experienced grasp on the realities of game development, so that’s refreshing. There was this tiny swedish studio that I followed nearly 20 years ago that put out this VERY niche game called Europa Universalis. You may have heard of them. Paradox Dev Studios. Not Paradox Interactive, that’s the publishing arm.

For about a decade, this TINY studio (literally half a dozen coders at one point) released games a good six months short of being release-ready because, simply put, they HAD to or the studio would go under. To my understanding, WH was in a similar situation (I honestly didn’t follow the development much for the above-stated reasons). All I knew is that they were making a super-niche product that I’ve been dreaming about for decades.

They’ve got two huge factors that earn them quite a bit of leeway. 1 - They’re tiny. 2 - They’re not from one of the major game-developing nations (such as Japan, US, UK, France, heck, even Brazil is higher-tier than CR). CR isn’t completely devoid of influence in gaming, what with Bohemia Interactive and one of the branches of 2K games there. So… to use a sports metaphor, they’re a mid-major.

Are they doing as much as they should be? Heck no. Are they doing nothing? Heck no. There actually IS a middle ground. They definitely deserve some criticism, but certainly nothing at all like some of the dreck and outright lies that’s being thrown their way.

If gamers had been as demanding and blinded-by-rage-at-the-tiniest-thing with Paradox that people like vilkolak are being with WH then they never would have survived as a studio and we wouldn’t have the great games like Hearts of Iron 4 and Crusader Kings 2… nor would Paradox have founded a publishing arm that took chances on games such as Cities Skylines and Pillars Of Eternity. People’s inability to have any sort of scale of any kind has always fascinated and bewildered me. WH isn’t doing everything perfectly, so that means they’re… doing everything wrong? So that, and I quote “It is ALL WH’s fault. All of it.”

It amazes me to no end. It truly does.

So yeah… I’m probably as frustrated as you that the game was released unfinished and that they aren’t releasing news three times a week… but it also sounds like you’re being… well… a grown-up about it.

So, with that in mind, let me ask…

They were pretty straightforward when they published about it being unfinished, right? I’ve had numerous friends who are also playing it who DID follow the development make the Paradox Dev Studios comparison. I’d just like to get confirmation on that. (Plus, if the 26 gig release-day patch wasn’t enough of a hint I’m not sure what would be).

Also, don’t worry… I engage the trolls once each. We’re all a lil irrational at times. Maybe vilkolak will accept being called to account at face value and realize he was throwing a hissy-fit. I doubt it, but it DOES happen. So… I call them out once and move on, so rest assured, I shan’t be the cause of any more internet-shouting.

Again, thanks for the re:… tis much appreciated.

Your stealth skill was low, so you made a lot of noise while killing him. Until stealth is very high, it’s best to wipe out patrols, poison their beans, or use alternate methods to lead them out individually to assassinate.

1 Like

My stealth must be high. I rode into a bandit camp full speed on Warhorse Jenda, wearing full plate, crouched and took them out. No one woke up. Lol

1 Like

Well, I could basically do that with 15+ stealth skill. You have a shot of doing it at lower skill levels, but the chances of taking them all out with nobody waking up would be relatively low.

As for riding into a camp, though - there’s a lot of things that don’t disturb sleeping people that really should.

1 Like

Why are some people so angry?

1 Like

And we’ve got four more confirmations.

So… to the original complainer - It’s you, it’s not the game. Stop lying about the game not working.

… and learn basic sentence structure.

Yeah I thought it was glitched or something. I wasn’t looking for the camp, i just rode up on it. I thought at least someone would have woke up.