Xbox 360 Controller mapping

Hi guys,

I have an xbox 360 controller. The game was working fine with it until recently. Now, several keys are doing things they should not such as the X key should be jump etc, but its like the game has swapped them. I have not tried any other Steam games, but on non steam games on the same PC the controller works fine as it should. Does anyone have an ideas?

Thanks, Simon

yeah, the 360 ccontroller is really bad. xbox one is the way to go.

1 Like

yes, stop using that 360 one an get a wireless XB1 one.
I have one and use one of Mikey Softs wireless USB plugs for PC that can control up to 10 wireless items.
I use it for my mouse and controller.
The buttons are as they should be. too BTW

Peoples: OP HAS a wireless 360 controller and a legitimate concern.

Money is not always the solution; and should not be the first ‘port of call’.

I use a wireless xbox 360 controller on PC. It works. (And with most games).
Nothing wrong with it- admittedly mine is around seven years old; I expect it to be ‘softer’ than a new one.

With regards to OPs post- no I dont have those issues (and have never with KCD).

I was going to suggest to poster to check if windows controller control panel applet registers the correct buttons (then we know the remapping is elsewhere and after windows handles it…)

Not having anything to grow the discussion I didnt say anything.
I certainly dont think the right answer is tonbuy more microsoft hardware (ar least until we figure out where the issue is…)
Microsoft are asshats- just the sort of company to break a feature that works for decade to force new sales.

Somehow methinketh a software issue with an old controller is right up their sleeve. (Did it with forza and racing wheels) they love selling ‘official accessories’

If anything Id recommend a ps4 controller just on the principle- but given x360 are the defacto pc standard - lets not retire them just yet…

Actually: idea!

Would love to find the KCD config file to reconfigure these things. (Button mappings)
Many KCD controller users hate the run button on the right hand side
I personally think it should be an extension of the kick trigger (hold to run), or a toggle button if forced to remain where it is…

Anyone have methods (without using exta software like keytojoy remapping)?

Make sure controller configuration support is turned off in steams settings. If it is on in manage game settings you can turn it off per game. last part is done in big picture mode.

Also in the controller configuration you can setup the controller however you want. No need to download any third party stuff since it is already implemented in Steam. Big picture mode of course.

1 Like

Daddy cool stuff . You need to reset your controller.

Plug out controller, hold down on the d pad and plug back in, the controller will vibrate.

It is now you hold down the two triggers and spin the analogue sticks in same rotation for 5 seconds.

This will recalibrate the pad…

I may have missed a step it is off the top of my head.

1 Like

Hey guys, thanks heaps for the info I and help. I did know anything about the reset option.

Cheers!

1 Like

Yeah I wanted to plus one ya… I wanted to try it first. My x360 controller is wireless so I couldnt make it work out.

I kinda tookbthe directions as what we used to quote in support when we needed people to turn something off and back on (and they were unwilling- believing the fault was on our end); the “reverse 180 parallax error”, only for appliances from the opposite hemisphete, need unplugging from wall, rotate/twist a half turn counter clockwise and replug. Fixes tonnes of issues (as does turning it off and back on again)…

The spinning the joysticks and pulling triggers would naturally reset the controller, which polls on startup its ‘zero’ values…