0.4 UPDATE INFO - New locations, Combat, Horse riding and stealth (and a giveaway of the game)

We have to wait till June?

yeah for the next alpha stage… its only a month away

no, it’s wrong for people to make assumptions. you should never have assumed anything

No, it is wrong to say “hey look, these are pics of new locations” and then not to include them.

So you should not assumed that I have assumed anything, it is wrong of you to make assumptions.

bare in mind I could be wrong BUT that would mean we were lied to by a “staff” member who has played the 0.4 stage

There already is a topic about this pictures in comparison to alpha 0.4.

Yup i’ve seen this already, Hellboy (the baron) is a mod who has played the game.

mod? This is legendary understated xD
There is no Kingdom Come Deliverance without Hellboy (Daniel Vávra).

1 Like

Lol he is more then a mere Mod.

Hes da boss.

3 Likes

Holy shit i should have looked at his account. hahah lol
my bad. i feel so bad now.
I’m surprised they dont have a badge for him as overlord or something :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No reason to feel bad. Not everyone is a as nosy as me :grin:

I think he may just be humble.

I wish I realised this before, more things would have made better since :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

they will be in the game. the castle just isn’t finished and won’t be included.

i don’t know why that is a big deal. this is the alpha, not the final game.

It really isnt that big a deal, its an alpha. Its only suppose to show us the mechanics that we have supported and see the development on a smaller scale.

I would say it be better to keep the big stuff out the alpha and the beta- with maybe only hints/teases of it because we want to experience it first when everything is done, right?

1 Like

By the way,…mod… :smile:

Have I missed something?

Congratulations!

1 Like

Just jumping back to topic; according to the latest Kickstarter update #37 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/1237584 the 0.4 Alpha June release will include the following:

1. Combat: 1-on-1 combat with Long sword, featuring parrying, ripostes and combos
  2. New location: introducing a new village and surrounding countryside
  3. Travel: horse riding is now available
  4. Quests: new quests featuring alchemy, lock picking or grave digging
  5. Localization: in addition to English voice-overs you can now choose German or French subtitles

So no mention of any stealth mechanic. And speaks about the new location as being a village by the name of Merhojed.

Thought I’d post this info here for those that missed it :smile:

1 Like

grave digging sounds like the kind of thing that requires a bit of sneaking around

It sure does.

But I’m guessing that with their use of “or” that they haven’t yet made a decision on which quest they’ll offer in the new release. One could assume that if they did go with the grave digging quest, then we may very well get a look at the stealth mechanic after all :wink:

1 Like

lockpicking is already in the alpha, so they’re not offering an option.

You clearly misunderstood my meaning.

The information states that there will be new quests, however the caveat around that being the use of the grammatical conjunction “or”

I interpret that as the devs are non-committal around what the new quest or quests will entail. And whether or not the 0.4 update will include specifically a grave digging quest. I could be wrong, and maybe there will be new lock picking and alchemy quests, in addition to a new separate quest entailing grave digging. Hell, it could even mean that there will be one quest that involves all of the above. Who knows?!.. Tobi knows!

On a side note; I’m fully aware of the current features and mechanics available in the tech alpha.