10 GB Patch...fixed what?

So I just downloaded the most recent update (Xbone) and I was hoping it would fix some of the quest breaking bugs. Nope. Bird in the hand quest is still completely broken. Can’t finish it without being stuck in dialogue mode. What is being fixed with these patches? It’s still a glitchy mess and is way too easy at higher levels. I don’t mean to complain but this is getting ridiculous. You’re charging $60-taking up tons of hard drive space with patches, and the game is still broken. Let this be a lesson not to be too ambitious with your FIRST game because you end up with a mess.

1 Like

The gaming industry is in a state of “sell now fix later” and the consumer has no choice but to sit back and take what we’re given. Im on Xbox as well and its plagued with bugs. Resale value at gamestop is 20 bucks in-store credit, 16 bucks cash… I paid 60 bucks for a broken mess.

1 Like

Check the patchnotes :wink: Patchnotes

1 Like

The game is buggy, they are fixing it. They have nowhere near the budget most games in the industry have. Maybe they needed the income to get more stuff done since it was a kickstarter/ private investor backed game. And give it a bit of time to iron the wrinkles if it pisses you off.

1 Like

also my version says 1.0.0.119
Is that the latest one? The week one patch says it should be 1.2

Don’t buy games the moment they are released … or get a PC if you do not want to face hard drive space limitations.

2 Likes

I would recommend- sucks though it does- a re-start. Elements of quests that caused bugs might not be resolved unless the quest is re-started. Might be a ‘snowball effect’ in which they test and validate from a fresh game, not from a save that simulates each players’ current progress. In fact, how could they do that at all.

"don’t buy games the moment they are released"
Is that the accepted state of the game industry these days?
"it’s not our fault the game is broken - shouldn’t have bought it when we released it"
Apologists like you are why Bethesda sh*ts out glitchy games and gets away with it. AAA developer or not-this is unacceptable. I don’t go to McDonald’s and order a burger only to be handed the ingredients to it and get told to wait for someone to come put them together for me. If I payed a complete game price then I should get a complete game. Yes I know their budget limitations but so did they, and they tried to drive too far on a half tank of gas. That is their problem, it shouldn’t be ours.

1 Like

If you dont buy it then they wont make anymore games. If Mcdonalds did that to you would you ever go back there? No you wouldnt. New games arent pong. They are mass marketed million dollar babies with budgets that rival Hollywood. The marketing is what caught you. You dont see any bugs or glitches in the game previews or trailers. Same as marketing movies with the trailers. There made to catch your intrest to get you into a theater. I think most here had high hopes and knew deep down it maybe too good to be true but bought into it anyway. You are marketed to everyday to seperate you from your money. It has happened again here.

I don’t care, they sold me a broken game.

Just bad data managment that is all…

a lot of these bugs are the result of the console’s processing power limitations. i sympathize, but at the same time suggestion people to purchase a pc or learn how to build a pc. that’s what i did back when i was poor and couldn’t afford a pre built pc

from what hear PC has it just as bad as we do. also i dont want a PC thank you very much…

True is that maybe PC patch 1.2.5 is worse than other version, its more unstable… If think that not problematic gameplay is just urban story:)

it runs as good as some “AAA” games did on launch

hell, I had to do a work around to install skyrim on day one…and I BOUGHT the damn disk.

that being said, some stuff is bugged, sure, but I’m sure a patch incoming. overall my experience has been good running AMD components on PC