THIS PATCHNOTES ARE FOR PC
CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE PS4 & XBOX ONE PATCHNOTES
Apart from the micro-corrections for specific platforms, these are the patches released:
Gold master – Version 1.0
This was printed on DVDs. You could only have played it on consoles if you rejected all the patches. We strongly advise against that
Patch 1.8.2 - February 18th
– Bugs fixed –
- Some enemies that were too hesitant to attack the player are now much more eager to fight. Including Runt!
- Several crash-causing bugs fixed. Including the most serious one that always happened some time after finishing The House of God quest and wasn’t preventable by loading.
- Items from previous saves are no longer placed in player’s inventory upon creating a new game.
- Soldiers in The House of God quest no longer keep beating Zmola forever.
Patch 1.8.1 - February 5th
– New features –
- New better overlays which explain content and technical specification for launching content of each DLC
- Added new item in menu concerning all DLCs and their overlays
- Added lamps and other lights in taverns make it easier to see dice at night in dice minigame
- If player is overloaded and can’t mount a horse, a notice to that effect is displayed
- In some inns, player can find a caste of gamblers, who have special dice and more money to lose
- Notification about reputation (gained or lost) is now displayed in top left corner of screen with regard to influence of quest or dialogue situations
- Added bell toll sound in Pribyslavitz
- Fixed an issue that caused Hans Capon to get stuck after The Prey quest.
– Quest bugs fixed –
- Fixed issue of missing pitcher sometimes making it impossible to complete Next to Godliness quest
- Fixed missing instruction during Bernard’s master-strike training
- Fixed dialogue with Margaret in Hare Hunt now allows completing objective
- Fixed issue that sometimes caused master-strike training to end instantly
- Chest in Rattay in The Queen od Sheba’s Sword quest can now be opened
- Fixed quest markers in Fight Club in Skalitz
- Fixed issue of Captain Bernard and Hans Capon sometimes getting stuck on horses during quest Robber Baron
- Fixed rare issue that made escape from Vranik impossible
- Fixed rare issue that cutscene didn’t launch after killing Runt, preventing further progress in quest
- Marker added in Epilogue quest to help player find Hans Capon
- Hans Capon no longer returns to Rattay after arriving at his camp in Epilogue
- Fixed missing UI prompts in dialogue with Circator John
- Fixed wrong weather during battle in quest Cold Steel, Hot Blood
- Fixed issue of inability to finish At your Service, My Lady quest due to crime in archery competition
- Fixed issue of inability to complete Playing with the Devil quest after beating woodcutter unconscious
- Fixed dialogue after cutscene with villagers in Miracles While You Wait quest now starts when player is outside
- Fixed redundant marker without description during A Rainy Day quest
– Other bugs fixed –
- Fixed issues which sometimes caused game crash after load
- Animation of woman getting up from seated position is improved
- Innkeepers now more often throw player out of a bed he hasn’t paid for
- Fast travel is accessible even with bow armed
- Fixed some issues with clipping hoods in clothing system
- Fixed issue that sometimes prevented player from entering dice game
- Bushes now have proper sounds when collided with
- Fixed master-strike issue that prevented player from completing training with Bernard
- Fixed issue that caused player to be unable to dismount horse after riding on auto-guide
- Fixed issue of occasional slow loading of game during Tournament
- NPCs no longer collide with outhouses when using them
- Street traders now properly call out and gesticulate
- Fixed some issues of guards attacking player due to crime even after paying a fine
- Fixed flickering torch during sprint or horse riding
- Fixed issue that sometimes allowed player to use free attacks even when locked to an opponent
- Fixed issue of price pointer moving out of screen during haggling
- Horse reins no longer glitching when horses are grazing
- Fixed stuttering vegetation animations
- Fixed issue of item unequipped for repair showing as equipped in player stats – a cosmetic issue in UI that did not affect in-game stats
– From the Ashes DLC –
- Sir Divish no longer undressed in final cutscene if player invited him to Pribyslavitz while he slept
- All NPCs in Pribyslavitz now have a place to sleep
- Fixed behaviour of Innkeeper causing unnatural movement
- issue of upgraded blacksmith unable to repair heavily damaged weapons or armour
- Musk of Infinite Allure no longer persists in player inventory after handing over to Capon
- Fixed issue of bonuses for Fritz and Matthew persisting in ledger in Pribyslavitz after killing them
– The Amorous Adventures DLC –
- Fixed issue that triggered an infinite fader after picking up Sir Hans Capon at castle
- Fixed issue of missing facial animation due to distance in the balcony scene.
- When player learns how to read after being sent by Hans Capon, a new objective is added afterwards to direct him back to Capon
- After player has successfully fled from Sir Anselm, he now stops pursuing the player and it is possible to interact with him during quest
- Fixed issue of player facing away from opponent at start of duel after dice game
- It is no longer possible to call your horse inside secret tunnel and get stuck when mounting it
- Guards can now properly navigate to secret tunnel when they have heard Henry
- Fixed issue of player facing in a different direction after cutscene upon entering camp
- Fixed issue in journal of objective to bury Lev’s remains still being active after selling bones to Charlatan
- After completing quest, trespass area near the revenant’s grave now disappears
- Fixed persisting second objective after learning wild animal calls
- Fixed issue of pressing Esc not cancelling colouring water with fake blood
- Trigger area for burying Lev’s remains is extended
- Redundant objective to talk to Charlatan is removed
- Fixed issue of objective "Go and see the Charlatan in the morning” duplicated in journal
- After failing quest it is no longer possible to ask Charlatan “How is the haunting going?”
- After successfully completing rotten food objective, butcher shop is now closed
- If player was jailed for killing brave guys, Charlatan is still angry that he did it
- Fixed issue of Charlatan’s recipe fable appearing too soon in quest log
- Fixed quest logic so that if brave guys flee from combat to the village, they report the player’s crime and the quest is failed
- Fixed issue making it impossible to continue after player kills brave guys
- Fixed issue of persisting “Provoke Fearless Felix” objective after player has killed brave guys
– Tournament DLC –
- Fixed infinite fader that sometimes occurred before third opponent in Tournament
- Tournament will no longer fail because of low reputation with NPCs or guards who remember player’s old crimes
- Redefined dialogue with Tourney Master in Rattay, so the player is better informed about Tournament availability
- Fixed rare issue of player being teleported from arena during tournament
- Fixed issue of Tournament not starting after accepting quest from Sir Hans or Blacksmith
- Combatants no longer running from arena and teleporting back when practicing
- During combat, chickens no longer walk around in arena
- Pruda no longer comes to tournament undressed
- Fixed issue of missing visual effect of lowered visor with new tournament helmets
- Added new autosave after player wins combat with Black Peter in arena
- Fixed issue that during Black Peter’s ambush he hasn’t a poisoned sword
- Fixed issue of tourney master missing calling animations
Hotfix 1.7.2 - November 21th
- Many crashes occurring during time skip or jail time fixed
- Crash in The House of God quest fixed
Patch 1.7.1 - October 24th
– The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon fixes –
- A big part of second DLC - No Rest for the Wicked quest is now available from the Charlatan. The quest is available even with completed Amorous Adventures DLC so there is no need to reload to previous state.
- Infinite fader during dialogue with Hans Capon after failing Next to Godliness fixed.
- No Rest for the Wicked quest now properly reacts to the player killing the guys he was supposed to scare.
- Player now correctly receiAves Musk of Infinite Allure on completion of No Rest for the Wicked.
- It is now possible to finish active Game of Throws quest even when player initiates Vranik battle.
- Rare crash when arriving at gamblers’ den fixed.
- Game of Throws journal text bug fixed.
- It is no longer possible to break Honeyed Words quest by closing door in front of Hans Capon a moment before he forces dialogue on player.
- Infinite fader after rapid skipping of Capon’s dialogues fixed.
- Player will no longer be harassed for not having a lit torch during encounter with butcher and his men in Honeyed Words quest.
– Tournament fixes –
- During Epilogue, the first Tournament now starts automatically one hour after the player skips time far enough from Rattay (eg Neuhof). It is no longer necessary to start the accompanying quest of Samopesh blacksmith.
- The second and any other Tournament now always periodically occurs every 7 days even when the player is close by. It is now possible to wait right next to the Herald.
- Guards will no longer attempt to frisk you during active tournament, which caused the Tournament to fail.
- Tournament will no longer delete some items of players who have huge amounts of items in their inventory.
- Possible infinite fader during later Tournament stages fixed.
– Other fixes –
- It is now possible to start Miracles While You Wait even if you refuse Charlatan multiple times.
- It is now much easier to hit the topping out during Miracles While You Wait quest.
- Fixed bug in Miracles While You Wait that sometimes broke the ending if the player completed the whole quest without saving or loading.
- Rare crash during escape from Skalitz fixed.
- Absurdly bright screen caused by persisting effect of Nighthawk potion during daylight hotfixed. Any remaining issues can be solved by drinking another Nighthawk potion and waiting for a few hours.
Patch 1.7 - October 16th
– Optimizations –
- Texture streaming massively improved. Pop-in of more detailed textures or body parts should be much less apparent.
- We have optimized despawning of items. This should positively effect performance for some players.
- NPCs no longer randomly drop items while going into less detailed LOD state. This should slightly improve performance.
– New features –
- Tournament! - The tourney takes place every few days in the courtyard of Rattay Upper Castle. Depending on how far you’ve progressed through the story, ask either the Samopesh blacksmith or Sir Hans Capon to make the necessary introductions.
- Dice minigame improved - We have added a new set of dice with a “Joker” side and three types of straights to score. It is now easier to gain points with wild dice, so we raised the score limit to 4000 points.
– Quest bugs fixed –
- Lord Divish now returns to Talmberg after the cutscene in Epilogue.
- Bandit recruiters in “If You Can’t Beat ’em” quest are no longer afraid of corpses and the quest can be progressed even if you bring them physical proof of your success.
- Quarry robbery in the “Gallows Brothers” quest now has a proper ending if the player refuses to join the robbers.
- Fixed infinite fader before Uzhitz sermon, which arose during a certain patching order.
- Fixed issue that caused Lord Capon to visit baths before starting the “Next to Goodliness” quest.
- Fixed issue that caused Kunesh’s axe to disappear during loading thus preventing completion of Unexpected Visit quest.
- Fixed issue that prevented player from getting cat-paw immediately after beating Gambler in “Miracles While You Wait” quest.
- Fixed issue that caused Fritz and Matthew to attack each other after “A Rock and a Hard Place” quest.
- We also squashed a bug that caused inability to hand over their share.
- Soldiers continue to load trebuchet even if you talk to Sir Robard and deliver quest “Ruin”.
- We also fixed a rare situation in which players could not talk to Sir Robard during “An Oath is an Oath” quest.
- Changed behaviour of the captured Cuman, with this patch he talks to player even if the player has a really low reputation with Cuman faction. To be fair he did have a reason to distrust you!
- There is no longer an infinite fader after killing an opponent in the fist-fighting quest line.
- Erik at Vranik fort now has death protection, which prevents consequent cutscenes in the quest from failing.
- Failure of “The Prey” quest caused by meeting thugs from “Debts Must Be Paid” quest when traveling with Hans Capon fixed.
- Fixed issue that sometimes caused Captain Bernard to stop training the player after taking the “Marauders” quest.
- Fixed incomplete dialogue option in “Saintly Remains” quest.
- Fixed cutscene in Rocketeer quest.
- Fixed interactor on the deer grave in “Hare Hunt” quest and the poacher camp cutscene trigger.
- Talmberg groom should no longer get stuck in the castle door.
- Fixed looped dialogue with Rattay scribe in Mysterious Ways quest.
- Fixed infinite dialogue loop after giving Theresa gifts.
- Fixed rare issue that prevented player from talking to Morcock after dealing with Timmy in the “My Friend Timmy” quest.
- Quest “Keeping the Peace” now properly triggers game over if the player leaves Rattay
- Fixed autosave in “The Sport Of Kings” quest.
- Bug in “Next to Godliness” quest where Hans Capon didn’t enter the bath fixed.
- “Hare Hunt” quest icon is now active only if the quest can be taken.
- Issue with quest markers in “A Bird in the Hand” quest fixed.
- Quest “Next to Godliness” now cannot be activated after Epilogue.
- A rare bug with NPCs from different quests occurring during Talmberk siege fixed.
- Combat Master Vanyek can now correctly duel with the player during “The Die is Cast” quest.
- Fixed objectives and logs in “A Needle in a Haystack” quest.
- Eating from a bowl in the monastery should now work without an issue.
- Fixed interaction between “Wounded Soul” and “A Man of the Cloth” quests.
- Fixed interaction between “Wounded soul” and “Pestilence” quests.
- Small tweaks in the dialogue with blacksmith Zach in “All That Glisters” quest.
- Bug which caused Hans Capon to talk only about “Robber Baron” quest even after finishing it fixed.
- Rare bug that stopped progression after losing a dice game during “Keeping the Peace” fixed.
- Bug that caused absence of important dialogue with Hans Capon during “Clothes Make the Man” fixed.
– Other bugs fixed –
- Fixed rare issue that caused money disappearance during loading.
- Fixed problem with uberlods that caused occasional disappearance of Pribyslavitz
- Fixed another rare issue that caused combat lock on dead opponents.
- Several small tweaks in the alchemy minigame UI.
- Inflating breasts of sitting women have been resolved (Sorry guys!).
- Fixed rare issue which caused a guard to evict a player from the jail for trespassing.
- We emptied some overfilled chests in Rattay and prevented them from overfilling again.
- Knocking out NPCs from stealth no longer makes their clothes bloody.
– From the Ashes DLC –
- More shopkeepers in restored Pribyslavitz now sell repair kits.
- Ambient music in Pribyslavitz now changes based on the number of buildings built.
- Marius will now properly say why he won’t do anything when the player is trying to build something from the Ledger.
- Small graphical glitches fixed
- UI buttons no longer flicker in Ledger.
- It is now possible to smoke and dry food in bulk.
- A new sound is now played when drying or smoking.
- Judgements are no longer accessible after failing the quest.
- Events on Rattay square no longer appear during the Bailiff’s speech.
- The chance of encountering enemies near Pribyslavitz is now lower after clearing the bandits.
- Weaponsmith and armoursmith now properly display goods around the shop.
- Weaponsmith and armoursmith now have more money.
- Two of the woodcutters no longer stay in the village after the player banished them during one of the judgements
- The smithy guard now guards the shop even after the shop upgrade.
Patch 1.6.2 - July 31st
- The player now loses only a very small amount of faction reputation when he kills all witnesses to his crime.
- Partially loaded state of Talmberg during “Epilogue” fixed.
- Robard stuck in the ground during “Epilogue” fixed.
- “Rattled” quest in Sasau can now be started even after finishing “All that Glisters”.
- Several long faders before cutscenes fixed.
- Player couldn’t run from several quest fights in “A Needle in a Haystack”. It is now possible to do so.
- NPCs can get very dirty and bloody again.
- Misleading objective logs during “A Needle in a Haystack” fixed and/or improved.
- Executioner Hermann is no longer in Rattay faction, which should solve many inappropriate reputation losses concerning Rattay.
- “Tis But a Scratch” achievement fixed. Anyone who has already finished the game and hasn’t received the achievement can just load the save game before “The End” and finish the game by talking to Hans Capon.
From the Ashes DLC
- Any new village modifier that the player acquires now immediately appears in the GUI. It is now much easier to see which action caused changes in the village.Divish now instantly teleports to Talmberg after finishing the lords’ discussion during “Epilogue”. This should solve many problems with starting the DLC.
- Issue with finishing the DLC quest during Talmberg siege with Divish being teleported inside besieged Talmberg was fixed.
- Locator Marius has much better pathfinding now.
- There is now a bed marker on the player’s bed in all stages of Rathaus.
- The must-have money in the village chest now starts after talking to Marius in cleared Pribyslawitz. It previously started after the first cutscene, which could have caused confusion in specific cases.
- There in now a grindstone in the basic forge and the armourer improvement.
- It is no longer possible to “judge” Fritz and Matthew during “…Is a Friend Indeed” quest.
- Rare issue with recruited NPCs not migrating to Pribyslavitz fixed.
- Rare issue with dropped halberds in Pribyslavitz fixed.
- Slight improvement in dialogue cameras during judgments.
- Saddle-maker no longer has “Villager” UI name.
- NPCs no longer try to walk into wall behind the church.
- Fader after buying resources should now be much shorter.
- “Improvements” option in dialogue with Marius now only shows when the player can actually build some improvements.
- It is no longer possible to recruit NPCs when the player fails the “A Place to Call Home” quest.
- Any issues with crowd not appearing in Rattay during Henry’s public announcement should be fixed.
- Small French and German translation improvements.
- Many minor graphical issues in Pribyslavitz fixed.
Patch 1.6 - June 26th
A new game mode aimed at maximum immersion. The HUD has been significantly altered and simplified. Map navigation and compass have been reworked so that players have to navigate using landmarks. Fast travel is disabled and overall survival (staying fed and rested) is more difficult. Combat is a lot more realistic and fairer to your opponents. There are harsher penalties for using damaged items, so taking regular care of your equipment is a must. And because public health in 1403 is not at its best, your existence will be more troublesome due to the addition of certain permanent ailments that can optionally further scale the level of difficulty as you see fit. Hardcore Mode targets repeat players seeking new challenges, but also new players who would like a more realistic experience.
• New game mode added - Hardcore mode.
• Combat rebalanced to make combat fairer to NPCs.
• Economy rebalanced to make trading even fairer to traders.
• Survival rebalanced to make Henry’s death fairer to the environment.
• Some perks altered for HC mode.
• Minimalistic HUD.
• Tutorial messages removed.
• Player position removed from map and cardinal points removed from compass. Navigation is now reliant on landmarks and sun position.
• Quest markers are always visible on the map, but only visible on the compass when the player is near them.
• Autosaves are removed.
• Fast travel is disabled.
• Added special negative perks that are chosen during character creation. These include sicknesses, birth defects and other trials of medieval life.
• Added new achievements.
• Added “Disable tutorials” setting in the game options.
• Henry’s trunk in huntsman’s lodge no longer has “Rob” prompt.
• Knocking out Nicholas in Cherchez la Femme no longer breaks the quest.
• Fixed bug in Nasty Habits which sometimes prevented player from delivering wine.
• Fixed light optimization that caused freezes while riding a horse for a prolonged time.
• Hans Capon no longer sleeps till Judgment Day after completion of The Prey quest.
• Killing NPCs in Playing with the Devil quest properly fails it.
• Killing executioner Hermann should no longer tank the player’s reputation.
• Guards react faster to knocking someone out and carrying the body.
• Fixed numerous bugs in quest Aquarius.
• You can no longer drink-a-port from Talmberg castle in Run! quest.
• NPCs react faster to player’s surrender.
• Standing up before dice minigame with Nightingale no longer breaks Keeping the Peace quest.
• Fixed another bug affecting bird cages in A Bird in the Hand quest.
• Guards should no longer attack player after he’s paid a fine or talked his way out of punishment.
• Crouch does not immediately trigger stealth music.
Patch 1.5 - June 5th
• Henry can now wash away his sins by buying indulgences in churches.
• Physically simulated women’s clothing added.
• We scattered 16 new lore books around the world.
• Any forgotten or despawned quest items will now be moved to the gravedigger’s chest and the player will be notified via new quest “Lost and Found”.
• Guards no longer drop halberds. All previously dropped halberds deleted. This should fix many performance and camera twitching issues.
• Several bugs that caused abnormal CPU usage fixed. This should improve performance for many players.
• Optimized lighting in battles should give the player few more FPS.
• Several crashes at the beginning of the first two quests fixed.
• Any remaining issues with going through doors should be fixed.
• Slow loading of detailed textures after long game sessions fixed.
• Archery tournament no longer causes inability to save.
• Infinite fader in archery tournament will no longer appear.
• Three more activities now have initial map markers.
• The game now autosaves on completion of most of the quests.
• The game now consistently autosaves before critical story events.
• Several helmet shadows added. That should fix any weird shadows of the player.
• Many endless faders after dialogues fixed.
• NPCs now can swap weapons from melee to ranged faster.
• NPCs now reacts to player aiming at them with a bow and will try to get to him faster, instead of only reacting to being shot at as previously.
• NPCs being aimed at or shot at will no longer approach the player in a straight line.
• A bug that prevented the player from talking to Father Godwin in Mysterious Ways fixed.
• Corrupted autosave at the start of “Homecoming” quest fixed.
• It is no longer possible to stealth-kill NPCs in narrow spaces without playing the animation.
• Cages in quest “A Bird in the Hand…” should no longer disappear. Any players with the quest in progress will have the quest reset.
• Master Karel now correctly goes to play dice in the evenings. So the player can win all his money in “Rocketeer” quest.
• Executioner Hermann no longer keeps beating the player unconscious when he is angry.
• Tutorial for axe and mace master strikes fixed.
• Miller Peshek can no longer get stuck in lockpicking tutorial.
• It is no longer possible to lockpick Peshek’s tutorial trunk before starting the tutorial, which was causing the tutorial to fail.
• Novice Antonius should no longer get stuck after saving while he investigates the blood.
• Talking to Antonius before passing out from poison no longer ends in infinite fader.
• When the player is ambushed during fast travel he will be placed much closer to the enemies.
• Parts of Rattay Rathaus are now properly locked.
• Killing important NPCs during “Sheep in Wolf’s Clothing” quest now properly fails the quest.
• Erik now has lower RPG stats and is easier to persuade. This should make the achievement/trophy Freud easier to achieve.
• The player can no longer evade some crimes by being mounted on a horse.
• Knocking out Margaret during “Sheep in Wolf’s Clothing” can no longer break the quest.
• Killing the scouts near the mines before “The King’s Silver” quest no longer causes infinite fader in that quest.
• Loading the autosave from “The King’s Silver” quest will no longer skip one of the cutscenes in that quest.
• Final skirmish in “Robber Baron” quest no longer fails to start.
• The player no longer has the option to fix the leg of one of the wounded if the wounded NPC is dead, which cause the game to freeze.
• It is no longer possible to drop off the horse in “Run!” quest when the player skips the cutscene.
• Encouraging Procopius to have his tooth pulled now works even when the player has “Rocketeer” quest started.
• Objective now properly fails and gives more information in journal in “The House of God” quest when the player doesn’t meet Zmola at the scaffolding.
• “Gallows Brothers” quest can now be properly finished even when the player steals the money in Talmberg.
• Hidden places in the monastery where player could access his horse inventory removed.
• NPCs should no longer sink into terrain on collision in Rattay.
• It is now always possible to knock on the bath house door in the "Next to Godliness " quest.
• Saving the game while carrying a corpse no longer makes NPCs see the corpse even after the player drops it.
• Fritz and Matthew are no longer frightened by corpses during “A Rock and a Hard Place” quest.
• Any successful transaction now slightly raises reputation with traders based on the transaction amount - only up to 75 reputation.
• Ambushers now carry torches at night.
• The player is now officially allowed to hunt in the forest after being named Master Huntsman.
• The probability of ambush by just one stronger opponent is now much higher.
• It is no longer possible to kill your opponents in “Chumps” minigame without triggering crime.
• There should be more chatter dialogues between NPCs about the deeds the player did.
• And 200 other bugs fixed.
• Cutscene after completion of “Questions and Answers” quest now triggers properly.
• Game no longer crashes after interrogating the captive in “Questions and Answers”
• Rattay armorer should no longer get stuck in infinite sleep behaviour.
• Player with an equipped bow can now be dehorsed by enemies.
• Player can no longer lock on a non-existing opponent.
• Fixed instant game over bug in Baptism of Fire quest.
• Crashes after timeskip/fast travel should no longer occur.
• Game no longer crashes after “The Sport of Kings” quest.
• Crash after walking into Straw’s house during the “Pestilence” quest is fixed.
• Crash after finishing the “Pestilence” quest is fixed.
• Very rare crash after loading a game is fixed.
• [Rare] Attacking stops working.
Patch 1.4.2 - April 9th
• A major bug that crashed the game at various places has been fixed.
• Quests notably affected by this bug include Sport of kings, Pestilence, Questions and Answers.
• Fixed issue with missing Erik in the quest called The Die is Cast.
• Other minor bugfixes.
• [Rare] You can lock on a non-existing opponent.
• [Rare] Attacking stops working.
• [Rare] Random character spins while blocking.
• Player with an equipped bow cannot be dismounted.