KCD 1.6 + Hardcore now available / feedback

hmm, might be time for a replay. :grin:

We fixed a problem with the baptism by fire crash bug, we are just not 100% sure jet if this fixed all the problems, so this fix isn´t listed. We were not able to reproduces crashes in this quest anymore, so we hope the bug is fixed.

1 Like

Yes, this bug is known, and we are working on it. :slight_smile:

‘Ironman’ mode seems to be what some here are asking for… (only allows save on exit and deletes file after reloading…)

I wouldnt trust this games mechanics yet to play that way… a game error wiping out hundreds of hours of effort- Id be rampant.

More difficult is one thing, ironman is another.
No doubt we can have both… (in time).

Dont get why anyone complains about the save scrubability of the game - its called ‘discipline’.

This game certainly aint encouraging save scrubbing (no quick save/quick load keys, and a design from ground up to discourage saving every five mins…)

Patch is sounding tasty. … look forward to playing ;-).

great im sure the community appreciate it.

you dont need to fix the issue i had with returning the bowl in the cave in monastery, as i just killed the guard who had a problem with me. lol #realism

Here are the Patchnotes

2 Likes

Okay, good to know.

I prefer the Minecraft rain over that yellow dot.

I prefer any rain that works and doesn’t keep raining when I’m inside

Guards react fast when surrendering? I’m sure Bernard will be disappointed he
doesn’t get to have a couple of cheap shots when you give up. I always thought
that funny when he did.

My general impression so far of Skalitz 1.6 (relative to 1.5)^:
-took less time to pick up herbs in 1.6
-picking flowers/herbs by Deutch’s house no longer triggers stealing response by guards and combat master in 1.6
-combat master no longer irreconcilably hostile at the beginning of the playthrough in 1.6
-drunken sway seems stronger in 1.6
-NPC awareness of criminal act seems to lag less in 1.6
-hardcore HUD is nice (just compass) in 1.6 (though I wonder why even include the compass without cardinal directions; Henry can still just move in direction of objective marker)
-ambivalent about seeing effects (hunger, overweight) display in hardcore
-animals that can do harm (eg cattle w horns) still not dangerous enough in 1.6 (since no mauling, bumping or trampling, punching is a sure fire way to build stats prior to leaving Skalitz)
-the guard gear exploit is no longer an exploit in hardcore 1.6 (much more difficult to knock out and loot Skalitz guards; at same playtime investment in 1.5 had 6x as much gear)

^ - disclaimer - playing a bad Henry so some of the above won’t be relevant if you progress through Skalitz quickly

1 Like

Fantastic, downloading now to start another playthrough… though might wait a few days for the DLC… hmmmm Na, playing as soon as it downloads.

I agree, they should just take it out all together. It also makes for a more immersive experience.

is it just me or changed they the amount of npc´s in the cities ? suddently rattay and uschitze are a lot more filled with life… everywhere are people walking,working and talking. even the pub is full of npcs… didnt found anything about it in the patchnotes, did anyone else notice ?

Only been in Skalitz. Can’t say

Blocking is broken

@DerDuke I was hunting a few minutes ago and it took me half an hour to come across 3(!) wanderes.
It was “behind” Rattay, last time I went there I saw no one…mabe there are more now.

My random encounters seem to be back after patch.

I will make the best of them all and take care not to install this patch +mode av
But i hope we can install the hardcore mode separately. I dont need This in my game!
Same to the first Story DLC, From the Ashes (greetings from Hearthfire) and the Dog(meat) companion!

I already did that. I’m 35 y.o. and never got a shot on my duty in my 18-20. And still alive. How is it related to the videogame? I guess you never played Daiblo II with hardcorde mode enabled ot Path of Exile, or Corsairs: For Each His Own.

There’s literally no problem to survive in KC:D with 100+ hrs.