KCD 1.6 + Hardcore now available / feedback

Progress. :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

Wonder how this engine will be able to handle full blown battles in/near Prague … if WH follows up with Hussite Wars

Considering CryTek’s financial woes, will be interesting to see if this engine is even around by then.

I’m playing on an Xbox 1 and went to start downloading the new update. My console told me the download had stopped and I had to cancel it after trying to restart it several times. Then, rather than being in my update tab anymore, the game suddenly appeared in the “ready to install” tab and is trying to re-download the entire game (the game no longer shows up in my game library), before it too tells me that the download has stopped and to cancel it and restart over and over. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution for it?

1 Like

Spoiler… Just doing the siege atm, PS4 don’t handle it to good. It was choppy and that was just a handful of people fighting. I wouldn’t like to see if there were larger numbers.

disappointing … had non-stop mayhem in the inner bailey on 1.5 (PS4) and no problem… except for one playthrough when cutscene loaded and crashed (resolved by trimming save files)

I’m on the same playline since day one patch.

I may give another quick look on PS4 to see what’s up.

A686
if you click cancel, it will uninstall the whole game
yeah, it sucks
do not cancel, just pause or resume the download
it uninstall the game since ever if you click cancel

I installed 1.6 and fired up a new game in hardcore mode and the first things I noticed is that when you pick two negative traits there is nothing telling you what they are or how they affect you. There is just a picture.

Also while trying to find my negative perks to see what the random two i picked did, I saw they are under Main > Perks. However the description filed is blank a long with a few other perk descriptions.

just the text under the debuff icon

There is no text on mine. I will try and get a screenshot.

1 Like

if you haven’t already, select a different debuff and go back. if that doesn’t work, try restart. on PS4, consider deleting game and reinstalling (yes, painful i know)… and of course report to WH support

I’ve tried that. I’m on PC. It could be a conflicting mod, I’m going to have to do some checking.

Got it sorted, I appreciate it.

Is anyone playing with all debuffs? :slight_smile:

Not sure the following is a bug. Pls advise… Henry is supposed to get the stuff from Kunesh to buy charcoal and ale. I’ve sold all harvestable plants (herbalism 17) and that seems to be squashing my lockpicking ambitions.

No matter what I do when I interact with Kunesh, the objective to obtain his stuff gets marked as complete. Chicken out, lose on purpose (trying to boost defense), kick his arse, pursuade him… all the same: objective completed. No chance to go to chest in Kunesh’s house to trigger goal of getting lockpicks from Fritz.

The chicken out (tell my dad) route doesn’t trigger the ‘I’ll do it (redecorate the house) but need your help later’ dialog option. Hunting down Fritz before getting to Deutch’s doesn’t display talk option to get lockpicks even though I have none of Kunesh’s stuff and tried unsuccessfully to open his chest.

This behaviour doesn’t make sense from a literal perspective, but it doesn’t from a results perspective. Henry is now main level 6, strength 8, agility 5, vitality 4, stealth 5. He’s got 10 charcoal and 477 Gr even if they were removed from his personal possession (inventory) prior to chickening out to Kunesh. Is the game just being smart or is this a bug?

This happened to me as well. The patch download would stop, I would try to Pause and Continue it, and it would just keep stopping (even after restarting XBox). I did have to Cancel the patch download, then it made me reinstall the game from disc, then it had to download the whole 23GB game as well. At least it finally took!

I wanted to get lockpicks early in Skalitz from Fritz since I saw in another gameplay, but I didn’t manage in vanilla or hardcore.

If you buy the charcoal before you trigger the lockpicks option at Kunesh chest, then you don’t get it anymore…
Did the same error once… :blush:

1 Like

If there were tank armor, ostentatious goods, piles of groschen, or something of similar value, i’d replay. But, correct me if I’m wrong but such things don’t exist in the Skalitz chests.