KCD 1.6 + Hardcore now available / feedback

Makes sense since charcoal was first thing I got in my games.

Only a couple of dark Jackets that look better then his shirt and food supplies, some small coin, a club.
No real high value stuff unless repair kits count .

if those repair kits fixed ‘quest completion artifacts’ ^, i’d restart in a heartbeat to get them. otherwise, movin’ on

^ - inappropriate and/or seemingly missing dialog options after the completion of a quest/mission/activity; for instance, the lack of meaningful dialog with Theresa after playing hide and seek with her in the barn, or blank dialog choices for Henry if he goes back to the monastery and asks questions

you asked about the chests contents. not what you want fixed so I answered as I looted all the chests.
There were other sundry Merchant stuff like cloth.

i was just kidding :no_mouth:

Remove any mods that you are using that alter the perk files. That fixed the same problem for me. We will have to wait for the mods to be updated.

i dont want to be rude but i sill have the bug on batpt of fire its still poping up but now wat later then before but its still there :frowning:

or the fail many man has died is that normal in that quest? or not if its like that then i can`t make it to the last boss

I get the feeling there will be many orphaned mods on nexus as most have not been updated in months.

1 Like

Loving this update.
Seems like left stick turning whilst running is a thing now.
This goes a long way to not needing stick sensitivity adjustment… and makes holding a button down on right side of pad whilst ‘moving’, very doable.

This was unexpected and a noticable improvement over what was happening previously (very limited turn speed whilst running).

Also framerate boosts from optimisation is akin to running my 6core/12thread cpu a few hundred megahertz faster.
I spent a lot of time last week trying different overclocks- seeing how much raw cpu speed could help my overall framerates.
This update runs the game as if my machine were set noticably quicker (based on version 1.5), so much progress is being made with optimisation!

Best is the number of active villagers/townsfolk running around map.

Still a few buildings that bomb framerate, and they really ‘stick out like a sore thumb’ now everything else seems to be at full speed.

The framerate boost is so significant that Ive upped the antialiasing to max. (2tx mode)

Warhorse- its about time for those jaded by release woes to relook back on your work in progress.

Now this rpg is ready for long term players.
Casuals who will play it once till completion and move on might want to wait for a later more refined version…
For people who like this type of game the present version is awesome and offers a great rpg experience.
A few warts to be ointmented back to perfection.
This patch makes me wxcited for DLC and future game quality.
This game is a definate rpg game of the year contender, and should sit on many rpg enthusiasts top 5 list.

Self defeating HUD and no crosshair options hopefully for 1.7. Maybe the overtaxing building models will be redone by then and many more gamers will have stable framerates.

1 Like

Yep, it was a mod. Not sure which one because I took them all out at the same time.

Soitenly.

Enable a couple things after a good and proper ashes and I may not pick up another game for the foreseeable future:

(1) single and multi-squad battles (10 guys/squad) that allow you to select combatant profile (eg generalized grunt/bandit skills, stats and gear vs specialized swordman skills, stats and gear; this is profile selection not a selection of all the nitty gritty numbers), attitude (off, def, balanced), and composition (eg all 10 swordsmen or 4 archers, 4 pikemen and 2 axemen)

(2) complete troop types of the period by adding horse archers, (horse) lancers, crossbowmen and pikemen (beyond current implementation). Cuman horse archers and Cuman lancers are in the Skalitz sacking cutscene for goodness sake, and prior to that Martin talked about Henry getting shot with a crossbow if he picked up the sword. Pikemen skills etc need to be upgraded so Henry has the same ease of use with this weapon type as others.

2 Likes

It makes sense that modders would only actively mod games they are currently playing, but I would think DLC would draw them back. Maybe they are all waiting for The Ashes DLC.

That is apart of the quest, if too many of your men die the it results in failure. You should focus Henry on the archers as they will pick off your guys.

someone suggested too to set alight a hay pile near them to blind them and get them to melee instead. I like that idea along with anti-sniper work.

I always wondered why you could set that hay on fire. Now I know, that’s a cool feature.

It was shown in all previews, but I didn’t do it. Cuman archers stood up idle. They were frightened how I slaughtered myself part of their army. I wonder if perk scaring away enemies worked on them.

I’ve got to do Run again. This time want to see if I can kill one of their horses

I meant Pribyslavitz archers in vanilla. I almost started sweating doing Run. I do not think I can take more stress now.

All the seige tents are gone as is the clearing for the trebuchet during Epilogue. Talmberg looks repaired. I didn’t notice reference to this change in the release notes