KCD 1.6 + Hardcore now available / feedback

Fwiw, this version (PS4 v1.08) is downloading on my sys now. ~15.5GB. So there is a release/patch prior to ashes. Won’t know if 1.5.x or 1.6 till after finished; will post update

3 Likes

Yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! What I’ve been waiting for!!! THanks

It’s KCD v 1.6 and it comes with normal vs hardcore mode choice

1 Like

An auto HUD defeat yet?

Want the PC in the loungeroom, but I dont need the screen etching (not using a LCD panel).

Given time between significant patches is likely to widen a bit - this is the make or break patch fory loungeroom…

Chessquren/anyone confirm if the game yet has some sort of auto HUD removal yet?

WH: patch notes not yet updated!

Patience grasshopper. Just launched playline2

Smiles- ye da man!

not on GOG yet.

1 Like

Guess I will start 1.6 on PL #4

Just the compass without cardinal directions and effects when occur

Quest destinations and (nearby) landmarks appear in compass

Weird thing is, I don’t see a fix for the baptism by fire crash bug in the update history.

1 Like

Wha… some progress?
Brilliant. Glad to see Warhorse care.
They really do address concerns; and the wait time is waaaay better than hoping the community do it.

Any framerate differences around the bottlenecks all machines have (eg first store in skalitz/first corner entering rattay(from millers))?

Once the devs deal with those broken models we know that the optimisation shall be coming along…
I cant believe they made patch 1.2- but there was a whole tome of other difficulties to deal with at the time…

The infamous dot is still there

Yea! Glory to the gold dot!

1 Like

My ps4 is updating 1.08 right now, but I can’t seem to find information on what this patch includes…

Version 1.08

Hardcore mode
*Added a new game mode - Hardcore mode.
*Combat rebalance to make combat more fair for the NPCs.
*Economy rebalance to make trading even more fair to the merchants.
*Survival rebalance to make killing Henry more fair for the environment.
*Some perks have been altered for the HC mode.
*Reduced HUD.
*Removed tutorial messages.
*Removed “combat star” HUD element.
*Removed player indication from the map and cardinal direction labeling from compass. Navigation should now rely on landmarks and sun position.
*Autosaves are removed.
*Fast travel disabled.
*Added special negative perkd that are chosen during character creation. These include sicknesses, birth defects and other trials of medieval life.

New features
*Added “disable tutorials” setting in the game options.

Fixed bugs
*We implemented another failsafe mechanism that should fix any remaining problems with saving. This may cause one prolonged loading during the first start of the game after patching.
*Henry’s chest in huntsman lodge have no longer “Rob” prompt
*Knocking out Nicholas in Cherchez la Femme no longer breaks the quest.
*Fixed bug in Nasty Habits which sometimes prevented player from submitting wine.
*Fixed light optimization that caused freezes while riding on the horse for a prolonged time.
*Hans Capon no longer sleeps till judgement day after complrting quest Prey.
*Killing NPCs in Playing with the devil quest properly fails it.
*Killing executioner Herman should no longer tank players reputation.
*Guards react faster in a situation where you knock out someone and then carry him.
*Fixed numerous bugs in quest Aquarius.
*You can no longer drink a port from Talmberg caste in the quest Run
*NPC react faster to player’s surrender.
*Standing up before dice mini game with nightingale no longer breaks the quest.
*Halberds are no longer thrown away after the end of the guard duty.
*Fixed another bug with bird cages in the Bird in the hand quest.
*Soldiers should no longer attack player after he paid the fine or talked his way out of the crime.
*Crouch does not immediately trigger stealth music.
*Henry now poops when triggered to do so with the appropriate button.

Ok, ok, I made the last one up for fun for typing this all out… Lol

9 Likes

You actually got me LOL I though it was a feature.

Fyi - hostile Vanyek in Skalitz (playline 2) appears to be fixed

There is no single life (permadeath) mode. So you have no risk to loose your time by using save-load-save-loade-save-load-… function. No risk = no challenge.

How can it be considered as a hardcore if you literally risk nothing? If you died - load, if chosen “wrong” option in the dialogue - load, if you sold or lost something important - load, if you did something undesirable - load. Load and load and load again.

Permadeath is easy: delete all save files except your save exit

It should be a part of the game mechanics. At least an option at the begining new playline.

Currently, abusing S/L even braindead retards can defeat strong enemies right after start of the game. eDxp for example already showed that concept in his twitch streams: he managed to kill very first cuman that tried to chase Henry.