KCD 1.6 + Hardcore now available / feedback

Here are the Patchnotes

2 Likes

Okay, good to know.

I prefer the Minecraft rain over that yellow dot.

I prefer any rain that works and doesn’t keep raining when I’m inside

Guards react fast when surrendering? I’m sure Bernard will be disappointed he
doesn’t get to have a couple of cheap shots when you give up. I always thought
that funny when he did.

My general impression so far of Skalitz 1.6 (relative to 1.5)^:
-took less time to pick up herbs in 1.6
-picking flowers/herbs by Deutch’s house no longer triggers stealing response by guards and combat master in 1.6
-combat master no longer irreconcilably hostile at the beginning of the playthrough in 1.6
-drunken sway seems stronger in 1.6
-NPC awareness of criminal act seems to lag less in 1.6
-hardcore HUD is nice (just compass) in 1.6 (though I wonder why even include the compass without cardinal directions; Henry can still just move in direction of objective marker)
-ambivalent about seeing effects (hunger, overweight) display in hardcore
-animals that can do harm (eg cattle w horns) still not dangerous enough in 1.6 (since no mauling, bumping or trampling, punching is a sure fire way to build stats prior to leaving Skalitz)
-the guard gear exploit is no longer an exploit in hardcore 1.6 (much more difficult to knock out and loot Skalitz guards; at same playtime investment in 1.5 had 6x as much gear)

^ - disclaimer - playing a bad Henry so some of the above won’t be relevant if you progress through Skalitz quickly

1 Like

Fantastic, downloading now to start another playthrough… though might wait a few days for the DLC… hmmmm Na, playing as soon as it downloads.

I agree, they should just take it out all together. It also makes for a more immersive experience.

is it just me or changed they the amount of npc´s in the cities ? suddently rattay and uschitze are a lot more filled with life… everywhere are people walking,working and talking. even the pub is full of npcs… didnt found anything about it in the patchnotes, did anyone else notice ?

Only been in Skalitz. Can’t say

Blocking is broken

@DerDuke I was hunting a few minutes ago and it took me half an hour to come across 3(!) wanderes.
It was “behind” Rattay, last time I went there I saw no one…mabe there are more now.

My random encounters seem to be back after patch.

I will make the best of them all and take care not to install this patch +mode av
But i hope we can install the hardcore mode separately. I dont need This in my game!
Same to the first Story DLC, From the Ashes (greetings from Hearthfire) and the Dog(meat) companion!

I already did that. I’m 35 y.o. and never got a shot on my duty in my 18-20. And still alive. How is it related to the videogame? I guess you never played Daiblo II with hardcorde mode enabled ot Path of Exile, or Corsairs: For Each His Own.

There’s literally no problem to survive in KC:D with 100+ hrs.

Are you sure block is broken, I am still on my original game and seems to be working fine?

Can’t say for a new play through or hardcore mode tho.

I’m on same game ps4 it seems buggy and impossible

I’m in the middle of the spoiler, siege, so there are no shortage of heads to smash.

Ps4

Performance wise anything different?

Pop ins are a lot less except in rattay when riding full speed