Stealth is pointless

Yes this is unfortunately true. :expressionless: everyone can be sleeping but after a stealth knockout they all wake up. Even when it’s raining and you have the perk that gives you the 70% stealth increase

5 Likes

I agree. They need to fix this. Steath should mean STEATH. They have awesome steath animations but it’s just sad I only can witness them only if my target is alone. Please WH fix this.

2 Likes

You should be able to clear a camp in the rain at midnight when everyone is asleep…

1 Like

Actually I have a quick story about a bandit camp I was clearing at midnight in the rain. Every time I assassinated one guy in stealth another one immediately woke up, mind you I had very low noise and dark clothes on. Whenever a bandit magically heard the nonexistent noise of his friend dying i had to run off into the woods to wait for him to fall asleep. I was stubborn and didn’t want to get detected so I wasted 30 minutes of my time clearing a bandit camp of like 6 or 7 guys because they kept waking up every time I would “stealth kill” one.

PC or Console? I only ask because I haven’t had these problems. As a matter of fact, I did a stealth knock out in the dormitory in the monastery, I knocked out one of the monk people and there was an empty bed next to him then more on the other side. However it’s a wide open room and I didn’t have that problem. If you think realistically in the game then stealth makes way more sense than any game I’ve seen with stealth in it.

Just because it’s raining even heavily doesn’t mean it makes everyone deaf unless you time your attacks with a large roll of thunder, but that’s not programmed into the game I think. Some people are very light sleepers this is true but I just haven’t had these problems and I am NOT leveled in stealth hardly at all.

Don’t go around thinking that you’re Ezio and make sure you’re well out of range before you do something risky like that.

One more question, do you have light clothing that is contour-fitting, black/dark and as little clothing as possible? Don’t go naked, because that’s still not very concealing although it is quiet.

I don’t mean to sound like an elitist or that I’m in denial or anything. Sounds could use some reworking for sure.

But the sound of a knife puncturing metal armor is kind of loud, and stabbing someone in the neck is not a silent ordeal either. Dying people make noise.

I’m on console, according to patch notes 1.2 for PlayStation and PC this might be fixed, however not for Xbox

Continuing the discussion from Patchnotes:

Also one might think that concealment wouldn’t matter if it’s dark anyways. Noise would matter when everyone is sleeping so you want the least amount of noise

I am on PS4, and this is coming from someone who has maxed out stealth skills. Also all those little scenarios you gave me aren’t apart of this game. You are literally just making excuses as gameplay features. There is no mechanic of a “light sleeper”. Why even call it a stealth kill if it isn’t stealthy in the slightest?

Also have you ever seen the stealth kill animation for someone sleeping? Henry covers their mouth and stabs them in the heart and they barely make a whimper. It is totally within the boundaries in real life for people to not die immediately or put up a struggle but this is a video game, ever aspect of real life is not coded into the AI’s behaviors. The AI just have some trigger that goes off whenever someone dies in their vicinity to automatically go and look no matter what they are doing. That trigger needs to be shut off when they are sleep, at least when a stealth kill is used.

2 Likes

I agreed with everyone that it needs reworking, and like Zeltchoron posted - it is getting some fixes.

I never said it was a mechanic, I said that people seem to be light sleepers, implying that they wake up too easily.

With me (pc) i have the same issue. On the stealth mission when i took out the guard i it was 50/50 and then if I stealth killed the second one everyone would know too. Eventually I got lucky and got passed it, but obviously in this part you’re supposed to kill both without anyone knowing instead of loading 10 times and finally getting it right. It definetly needs the sound to be lowered quite a bit, 75% I say. Also, people make less noise and resist less when you’re killing them versus choking them out. IRL they would resist, kick outwards, try to do everything they can tk stop you, and it takes quite a while for them to pass out compared to sticking dagger in jugs. Idk thats my opinion on it.

What about the monk in the monastery? that was in the game lol

If 2 are sleeping, you can stealth kill/choke out both. Just need to get behind 2nd before he stands up all the way. But yeah, it’s not very ‘stealthy’. For larger camp, pick off one by one. Problem now is so over powered I can just slash the whole lot before the AI combat kicks in. So stealth kill is mostly for style points

Find stealth to be useful if I want to be a sneaky bastard and kill/choke out an NPC that’s given up on chasing me

Stealth is incredibly useful for a lot of situations however I do not see it being incredibly practical for trying to take out a whole camp of several or a dozen people that are probably near each other most of the time, which seems to be a scenario mentioned a lot in a discussion involving stealth in this game.

I agree with you however 100%

I use it a lot to kill remnants of bandit v guard v Cuman battles

That seems pretty reasonable. I’ve used it try and get certain items off of characters and if I’d rather not fight the whole camp but I’m there for just one particular thing, then I use stealth to obtain said ‘thing’ and bugger out lol.

Haven’t seen one yet but would like sleath kill bandit/Cuman leader missions. Then, the playing style you mentioned would be spot on

1 Like

I’ve been able to stab people while they sleep. Took out all but one guy in a camp that way. I ran away and then that guy went to sleep right next to all of his dead buddies lol.

1 Like

Absolutely

Stealth is just an option of play-style. Realistically in that particular scenario how would say Robard know you didn’t just slaughter everyone?

If anything it would be through the millers asking you to steal from someone’s home and apply your stealth skills there. Even still, you can just usually go in during daylight when the are running errands.

Oh another thing about stealth is that everyone magically knows you’re the one killing people. A couple days ago I popped a savior schnapps and did a good old fashion Bethesda murdering spree and I wanted to see how many people I could stealth assassinate in Rattay. Well needless to say not a single shop had guards, and there were like 5-6 dead guards in the keep and I was never seen or chased. But my reputation in the city, mainly among the guards, tanked and all they did was harass me. If no one knows what I did, how would they know to be mean to me or refuse to talk to me? I’ve killed lone wanderers in the middle of a field with no one for miles around and gotten a penalty towards public relations.

Just an FYI, using the Knock Out option instead of Stealth Kill will reduce the radius of who gets alerted to the kill. If their beds aren’t too close to each other, you can sometimes Knock Out one sleeping bandit/Cuman/whatever without waking anyone else in camp, pick up his body, carry it far enough from camp that you can dump it, stand up, and Kill him without alerting the entire camp.

The Gravedigger perk helps with this as you travel faster and don’t use stamina while carrying the body.