Xbox day one patch

I just got a refund. This game is promising and I think it will be great once everything is addressed and fixed. Which I don’t think will be for at least 4-6 months. If and when things get better I’ll pick it back up again.

The day one patch (1.1) was distributed to every platform on the day of release.

The Weeky one Patch (1.2) was available for steam also at the day of release and part of the day one patch for computers for this reason and passed the Sony Playstation4 certification a few days later, so it is also already available for PS4, while it is still in the process of certification at Microsoft right now.

The Patch 1.3 will follow and is not available yet.

The patch sizes vary extremly among different platforms, because of different system.
While the patch is integrated into the game on XBoxOne, on Playstation4 it creates a copy of the game, so the whole game is downloaded for the patch again. This copy of the game is the one which will be changed for the Playstation4 every time, while the vanilla version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance stay the same on PS4.
It is different on Xbox one, where the Patch changes the installation of the game.

Version numbers of the Patch in the game (like version 1.0.0.108 for the Day1 patch 1.1) vary not only from platform to platform, but also for your location on Playstation4.
This is leading to a lot of confusion.

3 Likes

You should really make a topic with this information and pin it. Some reason I don’t see any pinned topics. Would perhaps clear up some confusion as this will get flooded and lost soon

2 Likes

There is a topic with this informatin which is pinned, it is called patch notes.

@DrFusselpulli Maybe I am blind, but where exactly is the topic you mentioned? Just because we don’t have that information, there are at least two topics about it …

edit: why there is no category announcements or patch info?
edit 2: why there is no patch notes separated by platform?

Why is it hidden in Bugs? Is patch a bug??? … Why is it not a global announcement? And why is it not separated by platform, because the patch notes are not same on all of them?

1 Like

… that moment when all people in the topic arguments about that Warhorse is not giving us any specific details about Xbox patches and patch status and Community Manager posts another general information nonsense :frowning: … and doesn’t answer.

Patch notes should be global, patches are not only fixes of bugs, but also adding new functionalities and features, so “bugs” is not the best place for that topic. Anyway, we all knew, that Xbox has a different patch notes, so that general post from you @DrFusselpulli is another lie to us, your customers, because we don’t have stealth archery and possibly other things on Xbox and you should know that, because this is how you are making us only more angry again, not satisfied … So come on Warhorse, do something for your customers, spread more specific information to us, you are failing in this for a week and Xbox players has no information. Be more specific, don’t do this nonsenses again and again!

This is the moment I stopped to defend Warhorse as I did in this and other topics.

5 Likes

That message from @DrFusselpulli doesn’t contain all the information…

The day 1 patch for Xbox is NOT the same as the Day 1 patch for every other system. Things like the stealth archery are not included (WH have confirmed this). Without any kind of notes for each patch on each system, we have no idea what is different between each patch.

This community post is also not giving us anything new. WHERE is the Xbox week 1 patch? WHY is it delayed?

Joining the dots from their lack of comms on it, I think it must be such a badly coded and shoddy patch that MS have refused to release it, hence the delay… and WH are afraid to admit that.

Actually, I found better information on Steam (as a Xbox gamer) than in this, official forum.

That’s the only reason we Xbox gamers complaining since more than a week about no and misinformation.
Since I read the steam post I‘m calming down getting hope back :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that’s a huge issue with WarHorse, but they’re not going to listen.

It’s disgusting the way they are treating the Xbox community. Really seems that they haven’t got a clue about proper processes, and are just winging it.

1 Like

My post has gotten deleted on the Reddit (what a shock!), so I’ll post it here:

"Hopefully this has got the admin’s attention.

It’s been over a week now since the Xbox team were told about a patch for this game. I’m not going to repeat all the problems with the farcical communications last week - there are plenty of threads on that. I AM, however, going to request a clear response from WarHorse on WHY the week 1 patch is still not out. Let’s look at the facts, and try and work it out:

You keep saying it’s because MS have it.

MS are saying it’s down to you.

PS4 have the 1.03 week 1 patch… which has made their game worse in a lot of cases.

MS are known as being more strict with their patch checking and release.

Every other company release patches on all platforms simultaneously.

So, reading between the lines, I’m willing to bet that MS have actually refused the patch due to your shoddy coding and optimisation. You want to try and save face by not admitting you released a poorly optimised patch, so are trying to blame MS.

Tell me - am I far off the truth?

If that’s not correct, feel free to give us a proper in-depth response. I just want to play the bloody game, but with all the bugs etc. it’s kind of a waste of time at the minute. I want the best experience possible, not some over-priced beta."

1 Like

There is no global topic, every thread must fit into a category. My idea was, that a patch fixes bugs and therefore has a direct influence on bugs, which is why it fits into this topic. But you might be right here. The topic is now pinned globally, not only pinned in bugs.

The patch notes explain for every platform, why it is there, or why it isn´t there.
The content of the patches are the same for all platforms. To be honest, we are confused why some players on XBox can´t crouch with the bow, we tested it with the Patch on XBox One and it works quite fine, we can´t reproduce the bug, but the patch is out since Day1, as people told us about the version of their game.

We don´t know, Microsoft is still testing it, we are waiting for the “Go” of Microsoft. They will put our patch online, we don´t do this, we are not able to upload the Patch onto their platform.

We cat upload the patch for consoles, we only can upload the PC Patch. The patches for consoles are distributed by Sony and Microsoft after their test.
Patches (like every part of the game) is developed on computer and then ported to consoles, thats why it is ready on computer first, which we can upload faster, because we have control over it. As soon as the patches are ported to the console versions, they are send to Deep Silver, who has the right of distribution for consoles. They test it for around 2 days, and then send it to Microsoft and Sony.
As soon as they are satisfied, they will upload the patches to their consoles. We have no idea, why Microsoft didn´t upload it yet.

Patch 1.2.5 isn´t up yet, for PC it will be uploaded probably today.
It was send to Deep Silver for Playstation4 yesterday and is probably at Deep Silver now for their test before they send it to Sony.
The XBoxOne version of 1.2.5 isn´t send yet, because we don´t have a certification of 1.2 yet, which is necessary before we can send out 1.2.5. Depending on how long it will take to certificate 1.2. we will merge 1.2.5 and 1.3 for XBoxOne similar as we did it with the 1.1 and 1.2 patch for computer, or we will publish it in parts, like on PS4.

This is the 1.2 patch which is at Microsoft for certification right now. We don´t have feedback yet.
If they would have refused it, they would have told us, what is wrong, but they didn´t do this.

The whole game (vanilla version of 1.0) was in testing for consoles by the Teams of Deep Silver, Microsoft and Sony for weeks, before they certificate it, and gave their okay to publish it onto their consoles.

6 Likes

Right on the point FarleyUK. Hopefully they fix a playstation issue before they release the week one patch on Xbox one. The big issue for PlayStation is that it includes corrupted saved files and have to restart the game all over again.

its a beta game for a full price. so that is the reason for all the problems… i hope they fix it in the next days and give a present like first dlc for free for all gamers with problems…:wink:

6 Likes

@DrFusselpulli - that’s probably the most information anyone has given us, after waiting for a week. So thank you for that.

However, it seems to me that your internal processes are seriously mis-aligned here. No other company seems to have issues releasing patches on multiple platforms on the same day. MS don’t seem to have any major issues releasing any patches sent to them in line with Sony doing the same.

I’m still very dubious this is the whole story. I’ve personally not heard of MS delaying a patch for a week ‘just because they’re testing it’, when Sony have released it several days ago.

1 Like

Thanks for your service!

I can see, that after days with a lack of information you are back in the game. That’s very nice and very, very important. Thank you!

P.s.
Good thing to have the patch information sticky now

1 Like

Thank you! This is the first specific reply to our questions from Warhorse. Thank you! :clap: And thank you for pinning the topic, it is finally visible :slight_smile:

If you’ve tested it and you are unable to reproduce the stealth archery bug, can you please describe more how does it should work in your eyes? When I am crouched and start shooting with bow, I stand up and break the stealth status … I was also told on Twitter, that stealth archery did not make it to the day 1 patch on Xbox, that’s why I argumented for separated patch topic per platform, but that was probably before you’ve tested it.

In my opinion, when I am crouched I should be able to shot without standing and breaking the stealth status.
(for others, please don’t discuss again if it is more or less possible in real life as we’ve already done it, but we need to know how it should work, to see if it a bug or not)

This is definitely not true, I don’t remember any game which has the same release date for a patch on all platforms, as Xbox release is always delayed for few days (mostly 5). Yes, they release the patch notes in the same date, but on Xbox it comes later. …

… but back to patch status, this is really weird how long it takes and you are saying you don’t know. I hope you’ll come back soon with some more info, so we will not feel left behind as much as we do or did until now.

3 Likes

Is there confirmation of what version should be currently running on Xbox One?

I have version 1.0.0.108 which isn’t the patched or updated version from what I can find, any updates on when one is coming?

What year shows up in your menue ? For me it says 2018. Patch numbers could vary depending on your region. You only have the unpatched version if it says 2017 in your main menue.

1 Like