XBox One 1.2 patch

I agree. Best rpg, worst release. Right to the point.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when the new Patch will be release for Xobx?

My experience on the One X has been mostly positive, but the deeper I get, the more the game tries to punish me. It seems to know when I’m about to save and then crashes or bugs to the point that its as good as a crash. I’m really hopeful a patch will be out soon and be effective.

3 Likes

Sorry but there is no way this game beats the witcher 3 or Skyrim, especially the farther into the game you get, it’s good but not that good.

This game doesn’t have the same funding either.

Witcher 3 costed 84million dollars.
Skryim costed 85million dollars

This game was pledged £1,106,371 with a 5million dollar budget

1 Like

Patch 1.2 for Microsoft XBoxOne is at Microsoft right now and waiting for their certification.
Patch 1.1 was available at the release and downloaded together with the release version.

For more details, read our patchnotes:

6 Likes

Come on guys, don´t compare that Game with Witcher , Skyrim at all. Thats unfair, Witcher and Skyrim are great Games an I love them. KCD is differnt in so many ways.

4 Likes

If this game cost only 5 million dollar that would mean the 80 people who worked on it only were paid 62,000 each over the almost 5 years they worked on it. That only gives money to their salaries and nothing else like advertising, PR and everything else that goes along with it, your numbers are wrong.

Witcher 3 and Skyrim also have almost 5 stars on their respective stores and the Xbox store alone kcd has less than 2.5 because of all its issues.

Kcd is No Mainstream Game is a Game Like Gothic 2 a for the cod players Go take your refund xD

Funny you would name a game made my Koch media which owns deep silver.

I already like this more than any of the piranha bytes games. Their brand of jank is just about a bridge too far for me. Most recently, I like elex, but think KCD is much more inspired.

Regarding comparison to the witcher 3 and skyrim, I agree that it’s not entirely apples to apples considering the budgets but at $60 It’s hard to argue that it’s unfair to compare them.
I, and most people you’ll find on forums understands the difference but your average Joe doesn’t necessarily know or care about the size of the budget and dev team. To them a sixty dollar game is a sixty dollar game.
For me, I love skyrim, the witcher 3, and KCD all for different reasons. I will say that with with bug fixes, optimization, and QoL improvements, KCD could move up the ladder to a spot just behind the witcher 3 in my pantheon of great games. It’s that compelling to me under the hood but they have work to do to get there.

1 Like

The game was backed by deep silver which is owned by Koch media which is a multinational corporation, I’m sure they had adequate funding.

Deep silver published saints row, dead island, metro series and other games.
If you don’t know what a game publisher does look it up.

This is 100% true. But since KC:D features guys in armor with swords, many people cannot make the logical leap and understand that they are very different types of games.

1 Like

I am aware from videos with Daniel Vavra that patch1.2 was passed to Microsoft before game release. So I don’t have a clue what are guys from Microsoft doing more than week.

1 Like

They are making sure the patch follows the guideline and doesn’t break anything.
We don’t know the whole story, but other devs usually manage to patch their game on Xbox at the same time with other platforms without any issue.

Make of that what you will, but I think both parties (WH and Microsoft) have responsibilities in this whole mess.

It’s a pity, because I can’t continue playing.

just imagine… if it took THIS long and we still haven’t received 1.2 yet… how long is it going to take until we get the hotfix (1.2.5) and the 1.3 patch?

3 Likes

FYI, Koch Media has just been bought by THQ Nordic.

The developers sold half a million copy’s of the game they will be making a profit. I think more people will buy the game after the price drops and there are no bugs

I think their patch has not made it trough the Microsoft certification. Normaly it takes 5-7 days at MS, 2-3 Days at Sony and no certification needed on Steam. 1.2 was released on day one at steam, it was released two days later at PS4 and still nothing 7 days later at Xbox. But still there are no intels no transparently communication. Just halfbacked standard answers to keep us quiet and patient… and even if 1.2 is comeing today, I’m sure the game will not be much better. There are just too many bugs and the optimization is so poor, nobody can fix that in one week. Not even in one Month

2 Likes