►Alpha 0.4 Bug List

I was talking to Andreas, the guy with the document for Ludmilla
And out of curiosity I answerde “Nothing really” On his question for what I need the document…and now I can´t talk to him anymore and I have no current objective for the quest :confused: do I need to start all over again? Q_Q

Soo…yeah :3

2 Likes

-If you sprint with Horse you will get out of Henry’s Stamina
(you can her the voice of Henry not something from horse)
I know it is “work in progress” but I just want to be safely that nothing goes wrong.

-After a couple camera scenes (77 thistles and 77 nettles),
the game switched Motion Blur “Off”
-I’ve lost crosshair for regular (no fight), bow and for sword fight
Maybe caused by camera scenes from dialouges or harvesting

Arrows the new Bastard sword :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes
1 Like

We love the fact, that you can finally ride the Pegasus! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRtBuFOcVg

2 Likes

Same probleme. Riding into guardsman with horse.
But he and his horse “die”. Look at the talk option… not really dead.

In the arena:
The guy dosn´t want to fight…
Im slashing like mad on him. My states(vit, combat, strengh) rise… but nothing else happens…

Can`t pick up the sword after dropping.

No splash sound at jumping into puddles

Can´t lookpick the chest of the shopkeeper.
The minigame is not displayed…

No torchlight in the night at dialog.

No torch(light) on the horse(back)

2 Likes

camera in dialogue

The time skipping feature takes a very long time.

5 Likes

They get stuck and its very amusing.

3 Likes

First, where do you get the iron gloves, Second, I lured the cumans from the cuman camp into the military camp and the npcs didn’t attack them.

4 Likes

After playing for hour and half yeasterday here is my bug list:

-Jumping - if you jump while walking/sprinting it feels like Henry flies little bit up then in stright line forward and then down. (I susspect it is problem of camera, because looking at legs it looks alright)

-Jumping over fences - Henry sometimes jumps right ON the fence or slightly behind it but still interacts with its hitbox. After that he falls little bit too much longer.

-Guards in camp tend to stand at the same places (maybe it applies for more NPCs)

-Waiting takes hella lot of time

-Fighting - At some points in fight I could not change the direction of my strike untill I attacked from “locked” direction.

-Quest of deed - after I bought the deed from the soldier. The quest pointed me at the camp again on the empty road that leads to destroayed farm. I could not speak to anyone in Mrhojedy.

-Voiceovers - sometimes the voiceovers did not started so I could not hear what NPCs were saying. Specificaly: When I brought the Herbalist and then talked to the friend of dying man.

-Grave - I was able to dig the grave before I even knew someone died.

-Torch - when talking to people while holding a torch. Henry will automatically put the torch off when you exit the conversation.

Altogheter the combat system feels clunky. Might be some indicator where your mouse is would be helpful. Something in this sense:

Ideally though, it would be much better to leave it like it is now but make it more comfortable to use. That probably means some programming stuff.

5 Likes

Horse riding: You can stuck between buildings with the horse. Not able to unmount.
But you can quit the game and restart with the save (of the last game).
After load save game:
Now you are not on the horseback(not riding)…BUG? But no stucking! :smiley:

You have the talk option at people who are riding, but can´t talk to them(looks like they are busy). :wink:

1 Like

Yup the AI takes a big hit. I get arround 30 fps in the wild and towns. Arround 15 in the combat camp. And I can run witcher on medium details in stable 50 fps.

I thought the mouse (navigation) was fine. What I found too clunky was the dodge mechanic. Didn’t respond well, at all. I would prefer either adjust your own control scheme. Or move parry (Q) to middle mouse button. And option to dodge, while holding shift and pressing arrow key (wasd). Or while pressing (wasd) initiate dodge by pressing shift.

2 Likes

actually i did not understand how dodge works at all.

I have no idea how I got through that part of tutorial.

1 Like

Yes, this is known bug called “Hilarious shepherdess” ( Veselá pastýřka).

:horse:

3 Likes

He ran away when we were fighting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, he went to his camp to eat
After that I still able to talk to the sword master and ask to rematch but instead of a new match it’s just empty arena and the match canceled, I had to restart the game.

Yesterday I found the sword master sleeps all day all night :grin:.
I think it’s because I was using skip time

2 Likes

Yeah, fps took a massive hit, previously I was able to play at medium with some high settings and never drop beloew 30, now camp doesnt go above 20 on LOW…
This might be connected to my fighting experience, where I suffered from quite a delay, specifically when trying to parry, Henry most of the time did nothing at all, even when I was pressing block button way ahead (it didn´t block, nor parry in time). I experienced exactly same thing with dodge, it just wasn´t really responsive.
Dodge mechanic overall feels bit unwieldy, when i was trying to move slowly, I couldn´t dodge at all, so having dodge on separate button would be beneficial.
I guess slow or no reactions might be tied to very low fps in combat, so hopefully it will be solved when fps is fixed.
Another issue I had in combat, when trying to change stance(guard) too fast or too rapidly, I often lost lock to target, which caused massive disorientation and usually quick death because I wasn´t able to defend myself all of sudden. Having option to permanently lock target would be great.
Note that I was using controller whole night, results may vary with M+K.
As others stated, combat feels quite clunky at this time, combination of above mentioned aspects plus the fact it was my first time, but I can definitely feel a great potential. Oh, wider FoV would be great too, especially when we are first person locked.

Few another bugs - when starting combat, opponent was sometimes moving towards me, while showing off to crowds - he wasnt walking or fighting, he was standing and not facing me at the time of movement.
Also at my first try, I couldn´t draw my weapon, when I tried to drop it, I wasn´t able to pick it up.

More to come, but overall I had quite a great time yesterday :smile:

1 Like

i don’t know if others experienced this, but the game has a memory leak, that doesn’t seem to go away even after restarting game. kind of weird.

2 Likes

I know that horse riding it’s not final version but I want to congratulate for horses quality. I like them very much!!
But something in riding mechanics I think should be changed.

1. I don’t like horse auto movement across the road. With this system you reduce player immersion ingame.
    About this argument it would be amazing if while turning right (for example) you can see Henry’s hands pull the reins right (moving horse’s head right) or when you wanna stop horse see Henry’s hands pulling reins backward.

2. I don’t like the whistle to recall the horse and maybe when you call it, it would be more realistic to see it coming from further distance.
    I think that horse recall should working only if you leaved the horse around you at max 100 mt.
    Doing this, players would live in more realistic way the horse presence and also they must taking care of it.

2 Likes