►Alpha 0.4 Bug List

A little optimization…
please remove the survey if you leave/quit the alpha/game
https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/surveys/survey_login?survey_id=1
I think you don’t need such a stat,
For example as people like Mr.AntiFun and his poor surveys if you open his programs.
Create a Main Menu button for it!
If people want it, they can click, game minimized and browser will open.

had the same issue with the horse :stuck_out_tongue:
and when I tried to walk into the area with the dead horse I died as well.

1 Like

I had the same problem in arena during combat, using keyboard/mouse.
If you drag mouse a longer distance in one direction, then you must return with the mouse all the way back before any other stance can be selected. It’s as if there was an invisible cursor.
It makes it really difficult to select the correct stance in the heat of battle. Restricting the movement of this invisible cursor to a small area around the stance selector would go a long way in improving gameplay with mouse.

2 Likes

same thing happened to me!

1 Like

Best way of killing youself: https://youtu.be/IpOuQKqgkIg

Also notice objects reappearing with some delay after I rotate camera quickly. It’s an old bug from the first versions.

2 Likes

Hi,

A few bugs I noticed :

1. This guys is trying to discretely stab his crock so he get a brand new one :

(sword clipping with the horse, btw will there be any kind of scabbard ??)

2. Those guys trying to invent a new military class secret code :smile: :

3. This water witch glows like nuclear contaminated water at night :

4. The guys causing trouble for marianna at the inn has some undefined dialogue when you talk to him before fighting and also after (I noticed two dialogues like that - no screen sorry)

5. Few crashes (Game.exe has stop working), especially when I played for like 2 hours, all geared up and moving toward the forest to go get some Cumman ears. Grrrrr…

6. Freezes (Game freezes and even waiting 5 min doesn’t help) from time to time when I use the continue feature : It loads, Its seems to then load textures, I see half of the textures and BOOM : freeze. Had to reboot computer has game stays in wide black screen in middle of my screen can’t get to focus anywhere else.

7. Fps drop… 0.3 allowed me to have a stable 30 Fps with anything on medium. 0.4 is “stable” between 18 and 24 fps. In combat it’s more like 18 or 19 witch is very annoying for good counter-attacks (I have to be very offensive in order to win fights).

Apart for these understandable bugs (for it is tech alpha) the game is very enjoyable :smile:
Thank you warhorse for this amazing tech alpha, keep up the good work :wink:

2 Likes

Not necessarily new in 0.4 but there is very noticeable stepping in the lighting as the time of day changes. This is very apparent in the transition from dusk to night and night to dawn.

1 Like

Dodge works just like a timed parry (tapping ‘q’ at the right moment). Once the opponent attacks, you tap either ‘a’ or ‘d’ at just the right moment.

Horses eyes glow at night.

1 Like

I think I managed to do it by double tapping, right at the time when he tried to strike. Not that it works, when he doesn’t attack. And somehow even the riposte mechanic is kinda clunky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. And I have non idea why. I know something I do is wrong, but I would like for game to tell me. So I can clearly understand the combat mechanics.

1 Like

I highly recommend such a cursor indicator for the reticule. It would greatly improve combat for keyboard and mouse users.

I accidentally killed someone… :open_mouth:
Pushed him to the ground and when he got up, I hit him from behind, then he’s dead
Too bad I didn’t record the whole match

since everybody tends to brag about AI performance, I took some time to shed some light on it:

just few numbers to get you all into picture about the AI systems - the overall numbers of NPC have gone up by 300% . not including all the support systems. presently there are about 1200+ AI entities of various degrees of simulation capabilities. presently we are running all of them in full simulation without the dark magic we put up during works for the E3 presentation. since we need to stabilise most of the optimizations it takes time. and trust me, it is an endless cycle of identifying where the next bottleneck is

just to compare we have a persistent setup, where games like witcher have no overall persistance.

some other numbers to compare - newest far cry is capable to have only about 24 NPCs running active.

about the hickups - some of them are actually AI related in respect to synchronous queries into our connectivism realm of information. we utilize to create the dynamic relations in our world.

so please be patient, the scale we are working on is insane.

we are also doing the AI for combat which took us quite some time to get to rework into the current tech.

15 Likes

Thx for some enlightement…

As you said, scale you are working on is really insane, its hard to even imagine for me :slight_smile:

I don’t find the “walk”-button for Henry, he just runs around all the time with approx. 25km/h. This bug disturbs me since 0.1 :frowning:

Button E to use the door/speak, press X to use horse. Why? Use only one plz.

When I was riding a horse, the camera itself centers. Let me enjoy the scenery plz.

Horse from time to time itself turns into the field or fence.

It would be better to have the right mouse button to cover.Q is very counterintuitive.

Map sometimes does not show NPC with quests.

Cumans should learn to run. It is only too easy to retreat and shoot and shoot and shoot a bow.

The map opens by press M. If you want to close, you must press twice M.

If I run the horse to the maximum. Breathes the player and not the horse.

Could not return letter from Pavel to farmer.

And finally, thanks for the quest with Miroslav. It was the best .

(Sry. for my english)

I don´t know how to do screenshots of game, so I use this screenshot from Youtube-Lets Play.

1. When gamepad is used, all shown buttons are “A”

2. the marked fence is broken, there is flying grass on top of it at several places.
    http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150704/lh2cyr46.jpg

Memory leak here which led to a hard crash. Pretty damn annoying given the fact that you can’t save the game yet… :confused:

I had a ton of graphical glitches on top of it in just less than 10 minutes of gameplay. And the framerate is worse than before…

2 Likes

if you do not experience a crash and go to quit game, upon reloading there will be an option to continue. Its kinda like a hardcore save state if you die you start all over same with crashing.

So far the only issues I have had is trying to leave near the camp (where I have the most performance issues).

Some shadow/lighting bugs:
Pants

Table

Floating coins

Others:
Evil horse eyes

I don’t have a screenshot, but when horseback riding from one side of the map to the other, the textures on some things, such as flowers, don’t load until you’re nearly on top of them, and larger things, houses, sometimes don’t load completely until well after you’re past them.
I shall post more as I find them.

1 Like