Anyone else alittle paranoid of knife attacks?

I’m just saying it was not too long ago some guy killed like 25 kindergartners and with a machinegu. Its also becoming more common that these guys are killing collage students. The only thing the people here do is buy the same gun that killed those kids.

A machinegun? I don’t think they sell those.

Lol, gun against a knife. You need to spot attacker from a distance of at least 20 meters to have a chance to defend and shooting the guy won’t even stop the knife itself if he gets too close. Telescopic baton and some self-defence skill is much better solution to this kind of threat. Or just give them the money, now worth losing your life to.

And in Czech the law is actually more at the side of defender, we’re not UK, you can have al kinds of self-defense weapons without any permit and when you have a reason to feel endangered, you can attack first.
It is not that long ago, when four thieves broke into someone’s property and when they were running away, the owner shot one of them with a crossbow (they were just getting into car. It was a big case but the owner was eventually led go…

I mean a semi-automatic rifle.

not a machinegun, thats not legal without a lot of paperwork in the united states. a semi automatic rifle, assault rifle is a misnomer in this case. the points about distrusting the federal and state governments are very true, but to be fair, would you be willing to put your life in the hands of the american government? its also a tradition thing, and something many of us are used to. simply put guns aren’t scary to many of us. we respect them, but they are just like tools. an axe can be used to split wood, or to kill, but the axe itself isn’t the problem, its the guy who has the axe. you certainly raise decent points, even if i disagree with several of them, but when you take into account various factors, like the trustworthiness of our respective governments, certain choices and opinions make more sense

The dude even shot his mother while she was in bed, then he went and killed 27 people.

Time for thread theme music.

Still with a gun, that can be used to kill many people, not just 2 or 3 with an ax, before getting arrested.

on the contrary, in several countries there are murders of up to 30 people at a time with a knife, quite probably because no one was armed enough to fight back

They were in a parking lot, in a public area with plenty of space to run.

WUT? You are completely wrong. That man was sentenced for 10 years of prison for killing that thief. The law is more on the side of bad guys actually …

Besides killing 30 people with a knife takes skill, killing 30 people with a gun where there all lined up isn’t to difficult, all you have to know is how to aim.

im not sure if i did not understand your statment. but you are saying 1 guy killed 30people whit a knife?? what happen to self defence?. hell even a chair can be a good weapon agains a knife. people can even conter a knife whit ther hands. nat saying thats easy but 30 people against 1 whit knife?? i dont belive that

Let’s say you are in the subway. And killing spree starts. Where will you get anything to defend? In that panic, 99% people will be just surprised, shocked and try to run so stays vulnerable to any attack. I would say lunatic will always find a way how to kill many people, even with a simple long knife.

2 Likes

Still thirty people I think they would be able to escape pretty easily with maybe ten to fifteen casualties at the most.

2 Likes

Even then after ten people were murdered I think someone would fight back

ok lets say he is staring to stab 1 guy. all people arund run away. and i dont belive he is 1 shotting people . he have to run after 29 more people after he killed the first. when figthing for your life you do anything to survive. its hard to belive people that get taken just stand ther and take ther death. i know thar are some deperados out ther. we have had our own whit axe on subway in norway. but 30people whit knife sounds unreal. dont remeber how many the axe deperado killed but i think it was ablut 2-3 killed and the rest was injured. the brevik case is a total different case. 1 man whit auto weapon on an island whit alot of teenages. he manages to kill 69 people befure he calld the police and told the the mission was complete.

It takes along time to keep up with all those people, subways go on for ever.

It’s not that long when i read about 24 victims killed by a knife in a subway in China. So it’s not unreal for sure.

2 Likes