Battle of Grunwald on Tuesday?!

Between all the ever increasing pre-release hype I have just once again stumbled upon this IMHO hugely interesting and for some maybe forgotten information. And that is KCD may feature Battle of Grunwald (Žalgiris/Tannenberg) including possibly great military commander legends, the Czech Jan Žižka z Trocnova a Kalicha and the Pole Zawisza Czarny!

I totally forgot it was brought up by forum veterans back in 2014 and even explicitely confirmed by @MadSmejki numerous times and on Reddit AMA back in 2014, already in 2014 the battle was in some early state in the game, clearly with Henry, there were some additional early hints and since then this was never truly discussed. Dunno why, probably bearing in mind the original idea of separate acts (spanning in a few years gap between them?) I was certain the inclusion of the battle occurring in 1410 doesn’t make much sense, yet now, 2 days before the actual release, I think and foremost hope :slight_smile: that there’s quite a bit surprise laying ahead of us. Maybe it’s just my hiccup writing this at 1 AM while listening to KcD Soundtrack, nonetheless I don’t recall any question, confirmation resp. denial regarding this matter in recent years.

If it really is true, even in the form of future DLC, I think keeping this “undercover” is great accomplishment mainly of WH PR team and I hope this dream will come true and there are other big surprises awaiting we don’t yet know about.

1 Like

Sorry, no Grunwald on Tuesday.
Does WH plan Grunwald for the next game…? I don´t know.

2 Likes

Ahhhh, that’s a big shame anyway thanks for the quick reply!

I think we could see the Battle of Grunwald in KCD 2. It would be cool to show the conflict between the teutonic order and poland, so I hope we will not only see this single battle but also more of the entire war and also the aftermath of the Battle of Grunwald, especially the Siege of the Marienburg where the legendary Heinrich von Plauen and 5000 members of the order fought off 30000 polish-lithuanian soldiers and how the Teutonic Order afterwards reconquered most of the lost territories within 14 days.

After Racek Kobyla a knight called “Johann Sokol of Lamberg” became Lord of Silver Skalitz in 1403. And this knight was a leader in the battle of Grunwald…

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Sokol_von_Lamberg (it’s only in German, so use the Translator)

Now it’s time for your conclusions… :smirk:

1 Like