Forgive me, oh warhorse studios, for having a job or on the game saving system again

I’ve backed this game in 2016. Had I known it won’t allow different user saving behaviors, but the only true and sacred way of saving, I would have never paid a dime for it. Had I known this game will require of me to spend real money and then to immerse in it more that I wish to, denying me the freedom of deciding when I want to play and how - I would have never bought it.

I’m an working adult. Apparently, I’m unworthy of this game, because it is punishing me each time I play it for living my life the way I do. I’m not allowed to play it as I please. I may play the game as it pleases to be played. Unbelievable.

As a customer I actually feel offended that I’m expected to dedicate bits of my only and precious life regularly performing in-game meaningless chores for minor gains with huge risk of losing time for nothing, because the very next bandit I meet may turn out to be a master swordsman.

You’ve been travelling from for 40 minutes from A to B, exploring the world, but stumbled upon a bandit who killed you? You should’ve saved. Oh, you had no schnapps in your bag? Well, **** your poor soul, but you are allowed to repeat.

Is it meant to teach me something? Karate kid lessons, wax on, wax off? Seriously?

Well, let me tell you something, warhorse studios. The way of life is this: each living creature avoids unnecessary effort. This is the gospel of zorzan. Book 5 chapter 46 verse 99.

There is a very thin line between challenge and fun, and you, dear devs from warhorse studios, crossed it in the wrong direction, I’m afraid. Because to learn anything in the game means to either resign of exploring in-game world as one pleases or risk losing a random amount of gameplay, just because even smallest mistake during a random encounter may be deadly.

In my opinion, what you actually managed to achieve with this ridiculous saving system is you wrecked the immersion completely. Saving a game should be as much a part of gameplay as turning off the computer. It’s a technical procedure. Why do you make it harder than it should be? And why is it even a part of the gameplay? How can I enjoy playing the game if I have to constantly calculate how many schnapps do I have and when is the right time to save? How can I enjoy it when I can’t truly relax playing, because I know that at any moment real life issue may jump in and I will have to quit, having no more bloody schnapps in my inventory?

And since I can’t relax playing this game, I will cease playing it. Simple as that. This is actually the first time a game made me to stop playing despite being definitely one of the best I’ve ever played.

Truly well done.

3 Likes

Brewing saviour schnapps is easy, stop crying

3 Likes

Get a life, stop trolling.

1 Like

The only times I found the save system to actually be a problem is when my game crashes, something not my fault and I can not stop. Whenever I see I need to save but I have no savior snapps, I go to the nearest town as there are towns everywhere around the map and they are very easy to get too. Find a bed and sleep, easy and quick for me

1 Like

I’m not trolling at all, I’m just calling out the people that are terrible at the games which then push terrible ideas on the developers

2 Likes

I work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week on an ambulance. I have a life, and I don’t see a problem with the saving system. Play the game when you do have time. That’s what I do.

1 Like

Good for you, but that’s not the point.

The point is that it is completely ridiculous that you are advising me how to make saving less problematic. This is the only game I know where people are arguing about saving system.

I am well aware what you can do to save the game. I was modifying game files to disable saving with schnapps, but steam overwrites the file and I just don’t want to be bothered with it.

If a game forces me to think about saving, it means the design is flawed.

2 Likes

@Omnimaniac, as far as I know nobody asked you about opinion. I don’t care about brewing schnapps, as I don’t want to do it. Simple as that.

@10Kay, I run a micro business, I almost never know during the working week when I’ll have time to play and how much, so thanks a lot for your advice, I’d have never came to the idea to play when I do have time.

1 Like

Boo hoo. If it’s such a big problem, the only one to blame is yourself as you bought it out of your own free will when you don’t have enough spare time to play it. Point is the save system is manageable and I already heard they are changing the save system to exit and save.

If you don’t want to deal with opinions from others, don’t post in the first place.

They are working on the “save upon quitting” ability for people who have to leave on short notice. Aside from that, you know you can make Saviour Schnapps, so if you choose not to and hamstring yourself by losing half an hour of gameplay to a bandit that kills you, that’s not the fault of the creators. That’s your fault.

It’s funny how you demand to have it your way and make a point of ignoring an alternate way of saving. If you’re that afraid of losing a little progress, fast travel yourself to a bed and sleep in it every so often in the meantime. Or, I suppose you don’t want to do that either, do you?

1 Like

They’ve already announced they will be adding a save when you leave the game in a future patch.

And this save system was talked about for several months leading to release. I only learned and started following the game in November and knew about the save system being implemented. I originally really liked the idea, but I did not realize the difficulty to brew/cost of the schanpps. Now later in the game I have no problem affording one of them or brewing my own.

But they already announced they will be fixing this.

Dude, you’re missing my point.

I don’t want to manage the save system, I want to play the game when I want and as long as I want.

1 Like

Even if you need to leave in short notice you can always use fast travel and jump in the bed it basically takes like one minute to do so. But, you know there is a fast travel system right??

Have you actually read my post?

First off, I’m not demanding anything. I’m simply telling the warhorse studios that they ruined my user experience with the saving system, which I have to manage, and I don’t want to.

Second of all, this is pretty funny - I bought a game which I can’t play as I want to in the privacy of my own home and now I have to deal with opinions about it.

Am I telling you how you should have your burger, well done, medium or rare?

1 Like

Fast travel == no exploring. Have you read my post?

I know about fast travel. Does allow you to develop horsemanship though?

Sleeping doesnt always save your game. In fact id say most of the time it doesnt for me.
My only issue with saving right now is how expensive an difficult it can be early on when money and materials are issues.

1 Like

Actually the saving system is one of the thing that I like the most on this game. It is very good and whit save/exit it will be perfect.

1 Like

Oh no, you have to deal with opinions to a public post you made on a forum! If you didn’t want that, you should have contacted the developers privately. Get over it.

What it comes down to is you’re just whining and trying to brush off any suggestions because you don’t want to hear them. You just want things your way.

If you’re only doing it to get back to a bed you can save from, who cares if fast travel does or doesn’t do something? Once you’ve saved, the next time you play just go back to where you were and pick up from there. Explore, ride your horse, do whatever.

Once the “Save upon quit” thing is finished and added, this whole argument will become even more pointless than it already is.

1 Like

It seems to always work for me,even in beds I don’t own