Full map size test

Hi there,

So yesterday I tested map size with my wife. We went from Sázava monarchy to Rataje through Samopše. It took us 5 hours of walking in mystic fogy weather. We also visited small castle Talmberk.

You can check out pics. I’m not able to upload them from my mac.

When we were getting to Samopše we were pretty excited but then reality destroyed it. Real Samopše are quite different. It is flatter and water stream disappears in concrete tunnel build in communist area. After all, we enjoyed being there. It was fun to orient in reality according to what you know from virtuality.
So what is left there:
Sheeps. They are still there.
At the place of pub is only historic wooden house in village.
Very nice countryside around. Except …
… Sharcoal place is almost at same place but today it is ugly burning dump smelling toxic from burning plastic stuff.
If you go up the valley you get Mrchojedy. There is conciliation stone. Hope it will be in game to link past with present. But don’t know how old it is. Going same direction (east approximately) down the hill you get to another valley where is small castle Talmberk. We were wondering if it is gonna be in game and what story would bring you to this place. When we get to Rataje it was dark and no one was there. It was scary ghost town with old castle and gate …at least at that time.

14 Likes

It would be great if the next update would take place in similar weather conditions. Little to no sun and eternal fog all day and night. NPC routines changed accordingly to the weather.

Maybe also the village being burned out, introduction of fighting system with two or three weapons and raiders clearly being present somewhere there in the mist but with only two or three actually there to engage.

Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Hi jenda… Wow It is brilliant that you can explore Samopše as the source of the game.Thank you very much for sharing the photos with us.

3 Likes

yeah man thats cool, im stuck looking up those places on the net.

1 Like

We’ll see. I’ve some plans for travelling there myself as well, yet I’ll probably wait until the game’s out, and only after then compare both these places.

That way, I once took a tour in ArmA2’s “Chernarus” near Aussig (Elbe). After spending there hours and hours in-game, both SP and MP, I felt like being at home! All the major landmarks, woods or hills were there, just the tanks and apcs on roads were replaced by cars, buses and trains! :smiley:

Also, I think there’s quite large room for merchandising. Although most of the locals probably won’t play or know the game, there shall be some nice map of Sazava from Warhorse, some local pub could brew Warhorse mark beer, guides in Sazava monastery could offer you a Kingdom Come sight-seeing tour (Cimrman’s style… and here, henry died, no one knows when or how…), local blacksmith could make u henry’s favourite sword, farmers could sell wool or some dairy and other game-related products to u… I used to travel a lot in my life, yet as I grow older I just expect more from my travels than just get from point A to point B the shortest way! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes endless possibilities, this game could go on for ever, hopefully.