Map size comparison with other games

I was just wondering if someone could give me some idea of what the geography of the map will look like. If I remember correctly, I saw that it is 16 square km? I’ve seen on reddit that the GTA V map for instance is like 80 sq km. I know they are focusing on quality over quantity, but that seems kind of small for what kind of game they’re making. Is it only the first region of the game that’s 16 sq km?

Hi there,

Man, there’s been so much discussion about this topic in previous threads… essentially the answer to your question however is yes. The map size for the first act of KCD will be approximately 16 Km2.

Straight from the Warhorses mouth:

If you’re interested in getting up to speed with this or any of the other discussion points, then I encourage you to use the intuitive search feature this forum offers, and recommend you post into existing threads.

I’ve put together just a small list of previous threads covering this very topic for your reading pleasure

Cheers

5 Likes

you cannot compare to GTA V where you fly with airplanes mate. More like to Skyrim or Red dead redemption. You can run over Fallout 4 map in 11 minutes and still it is a huge game.

2 Likes

But even skyrim was close to 40. If that area is only the size of the first act map then that’s fine, but honestly even skyrim isn’t that big considering the greater realism of this game, it will be considerably less dense (I hope).

Thanks, was not aware of the search option…

Yes, the 16km² are for act I (release summer 2016), the map will expand with further acts.
I is somehow difficult to compare virtual maps, because they are not in the same system, measurement is very complicated here because of different scales. It is a virtual number, not a real one.
So Kingdom Come km² are not the same as Skyrim km²

A similar question would be: Who had the bigger thoughts, Nietzsche or Schopenhauer?

Right, thanks. Also, interesting analogy to nietchse and Schopenhauer. Don’t often hear their names while discussing video games.