GTX 1080Ti (390.77 WHQL Driver), i7 7700k @4.6Ghz, 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, SSD. 1440p Performance unacceptable. Framerate drops in the 30-40s. Immersion breaking NPC, Object, Textures pop in at max settings, brief load before conversations, Microstuttering

some high other very high.
pro tip:play on borderless

Its strange… Check your card for malfunction or something… In WH they are working only on 1080, so the game must be ready and balanced for it i think…

I am now starting to think that 16GB RAM “might” be the issue since most of you guys who are claiming big numbers with cheaper GPUS have more than 16GB RAM.

I have 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM which i thought would be more than enough for this game

The game is REALLY EATING ram

It’s not the card as I mentioned I play everything else no problem. Witcher 3 heavily modded zero problem. crysis 1 heavily modded, Crysis 3 etc no problems whatsoever

So I am in Talmberg right now and here I notice some drops to 45 from 60 simply running back and forth between the kitchen and the village. I will moniotor the usage carefully now and post back

Look here. 50 - 60 fps. Here 54.

Here 47.

Very good. Can you please walk down to the village and take a screenshot when you are inside the Grocers? The one with the lady shopkeeper and the guard standing by the wall? That’s the one area where the FPS just drops significantly

My fps drops are at Talmberk castle… I will make a screenshot for you.

I have 47 fps in that shop.

1 Like

Hmm I just used Msi Afterburner overlay and RAM is not the problem. the game is barely using 8GB RAM so 16GB is plenty. VRAM usage is also less than 4GB. CPU usage is also pretty even across all 4 cores and 4 threads. The only thing that seems odd is the very high cpu temperature which reeached 77 degrees even at one point

I was playing only KCD after start of pc. Look here at max usage of ram from start.

Looks about accurate. So you are playing at Very High settings and not “Ultra High” right? And at 1080p with distance sliders maxed out?

Im playing at high settings with distance sliders in 80% position at 1080p.

Fair play to you Dexter. God knows scoulygowl didn’t deserve anyones help or effort posting stuff for him.

Scoulgowl you have a seriously bad attitude. cool people here going out of their way taking time out of their day trying to help you out. Not one" sorry I was needlessly a tosser" or " thanks for posting pics".

You need some manners put on you in the form the face slapped off you with a big bag of dicks.

5 Likes

I answer rudeness with rudeness. DexMASTER was nothing but polite. Did I say a single bad word to him? No and of course he has my gratitude for posting his screenshots. You do not speak for me and I do not know why you are even bothering posting here.

Calm down guys.
@Sterling-Archer, thank you. :wink:
@scorpgul, really check you GPU for malfunction. This is not normal. Or try new driver.

Did you have the same sentiments in regards to the Witcher 3? Why are people acting like this is unprecedented for open world games. Can’t think of any game comparable to KC:D that wasn’t big ridden and ran poorly at launch.

Also does anyone notice a pattern with 1080s? Most of the pc performance issues involve them, it’s weird.

At least you agree that the game does have problems. My issue is with those who say there are no issues whatsoever and any issues being reported here must be a lie or a problem on the user’s end. That is wrong since reviewers such as ACG, Downward thrust on Youtube have all reported the same problems

Of course it has issues, i wont deny that. But my issue is people are acting like it’s unprecedented when it’s the norm for games like this. I keep seeing people saying stuff like “they’re charging us 60 dollars wft”, when those same people bought Witcher 3 and Skyrim at that price when they had terrible launches too.

It took the Witcher devs probably 1-2 weeks to really iron out the huge issues, and Skyrim is still terribly buggy to this day. So i’d at least expect a similar time frame for Warhorse to fix these issues.