How do you create the damn antidote?

I havent really played this sense the very first alpha release. Its looking GOOD :smiley: Butā€¦

I tried out the training of the combat, very easy to learn but very hard to mastery, just what i was hoping for! :smiley: Anyway then i said ā€œwell let me start from where i did beforeā€ and went to jerryā€¦ he had new things to say i found out and he asked me to help me. So i get all the stuff go to the ladyā€¦ She says i am doing every thing right and then i fail the potionā€¦ I read the book again and try with out her and fail againā€¦ I have restarted this game like 6 times now just trying to finish this but i can not do it!!! I have to restart cause i run out of materials.

I put in the water, then the two thistle, then i boil it once and wait twice with the hour glass, then i add the 1 nettles and wait once with the hour glass, then i add the charcoal and drawl the potion, FAIL!

Is this not exactly how it tells you to do it?
What am i missingā€¦?

1 Like

Well I mean you could always just buy it from the shopkeeper.

Make sure you wait for the potion to cool, then add the coal.

You read the book, press Y/Z now all your ingedients are ready.
Put water into cauldron
Put 2x thistle into the little cup and grind them
Put them now into cauldron and boil for one turn (means press only one time Q),
Use hour glass, wait, boil again, hour glass again too
Now put one nettle into cup and grind it too,
Put it into cauldron and boil for one turn, hour glass, wait for cooldown
Last but not least, put charol into cauldron
Use one of the potion glasses and use it on cauldron without boil or something.
If it will not work on that way, i think the quest can have bug

Iā€™ve created 3 unknown potion that way already :frowning:

1 Like

they got mortar and pestle working? awesome gonna try making the antidoe

You donā€™t need it though. The potion works without grinding the herbs firstā€¦

I got it working with already boiling the water in the first step. Rest like described above.

2 Likes

I find it much easier to put water then herbs straight in, boil it so it actually bubbles. Wait 20 seconds. Put the Nettles in. Make sure itā€™s boiling again and wait 10 seconds. Wait until itā€™s simmering (no bubbles and fires lower) then put in coal then straight away get flask and pour.

Here is my video on how to do the quest.

1 Like

A revised Recipe from my last post on this.

First Add Water.
Then use the bellows to get the water boiling- five pulls to get us started and boiling
Next add 2 hand fulls of thistle
Then turn the hour glass 2x - one pull of the bellows in between the turns
After that you add one handful of nettle
Turn the hour glass 1x
Let Cauldron cool and fire subside
Add 1 charcoal
Use bottle to draw potion

Ok I tried it 20 times or more but I think itĀ“s a bug.
That one time IĀ“ve tried it in the tutorial. The herb woman said I should turn the hour glass for the second time I wasnĀ“t able to do it neither with the shortcut.
Today I tried it again 5 times an recognized that there is no steam when I heat the potion. Alpha 0.4 made the alchemy quest buggy. In alpha 0.3 I had no Issues to brew the potion.

EDIT: Now it worked. Probably didnĀ“t boiled the water properly.

Are you certain you are boiling the water and not simmering it?

Thanks a lot! Now it worked. Was the boiling also that sensitiv in alpha 0.3 or did they change sth?

I couldnā€™t tell you I didnā€™t play .3

Sensitive?

You have three stages of the liquid in the kettle

• cold (starting stage or after you wait for some time)
  • simmering - when you pull the string at least one time. (there is a steam around the kettle)
  • boiling - when you pull the string at least four times ( there will be bubbles on the surface of the potion)
2 Likes

He was asking if this system was in 0.3. In previous builds you didnā€™t have to boil it or boiling happened quicker.

1 Like

Not really, you couldnā€™t really screw a potion up in 0.3(when alchemy didnā€™t break) or 0.2.

if you need any further help with alchemy check out.

Alchemy Nexus (everything you need to know)