Let! Me! Save!

Whoever give this idea should be put in the dark room and beaten to death. Please hear out our feedback Warhorse. “MAKE SAVE SYSTEM GREAT AGAIN”

2 Likes

No “save on exit” is indeed rather odd. If they are concerned about save scumming they can do the same thing many other games with a similar system have done.

1.) When you exit it creates a save of where you currently are
2.) When you load that save it automatically gets deleted after loading it to prevent you from abusing that save

This doesn’t help with the fact however, that the game currently only creates auto saves for main quests. Auto saving needs to happen for side quests and random encounters too.

The idea that saving anywhere is bad for ımmersıon/gameplay is based on wrong assumptions.

I invite everyone to take a mental exercise. Think about games you had the most fun in your life. The ones that you wish you could forget, so you can replay again as if for the 1st time.

Being a rpg fan myself, the games for me are witcher3, morrowind, torment, daggerfall, BG2, etc. Now think if the save system was detrimental to gameplay for these games. Would you have even more fun if there were no free-saving? or otherwise?

IMO, saving anywhere doesn’t make a difference if the gameworld itself is immersive. Restricting saving doesn’t make an average game great. It could make the game more favourable with players who choose to play at ironman in other games, but it frustrates majority of other regular gamers(not casual) who likes to play at their own pace. Just my 2 cents…

3 Likes

Thought I’d reply so the devs might actually fix this

Playing on Xbox X and this needs a save on exit at least.
It will stop people spam saving as they will have to sit through loading screens each time but also let people who can’t game for hours on end the chance to save and come back to without being punished.

2 Likes

I’m agree with you my friend

If you can try this link.

How about console my friend?

Sorry I have no clue.
If I pickup a solution also for consoles, I will add it.

I can see your point and wonder if it would have been better for them to opt for a constantly saving method instead.

Why didn’t they go for a constantly saving system similar to Darkest Dungeon?

Its too early in the morning without coffee for me to think of what the differences between the current save system and a constantly saving system would be, but if the devs want you to be unable to reload and change a decision then I feel like it would get the job done.

Its a shame the option for a player to reload and change their choices isn’t as accessible as it could be with a typical saving method and if the reason is purely down to how the devs want you to play the game I can’t say I agree with the decision but I didn’t kickstart anything or feel any entitlement about it so i’m still incredibly happy with the game and absolutely love it so far.

I agree with the plebs saying the save-system is… unfortunate.

Last night it sucked big tme. I was pondering about saving after doing some stuff that was everything but easy, but I said to myself that there would be a savepoint coming up real soon. And it was. Except the game crashed before I got there.
I yelled. I screamed. I got pissed. I used cursewords I haven’t used for years.
And still, after this, I’m pinching my last schnapps like it’s the Holy Grail because they cost a fortune and sometimes I REALLY need to quit my game before finding a place to autosave.

Some of you say that the game saves when you sleep. I’m playing on PS4 and my game does not save when I sleep.
So for now I leave the game on and snooze my PS4 instead of turning it completely off. I f****** hope they figure something out, like making the schnapps at least alot cheaper.

1 Like

I have eagerly awaited this game for a year. A must have I thought, then … I learned of this INSANE saving system, and saw it as an absolute deal breaker. No sale now for me and will not purchase until the developers realise the following, and patch it:

This is a GAME!!! As in ‘pastime’, ‘hobby’, having ‘fun’, etc.

Stop with the pretentious belief that your games are actually important life changing events and let us play them the way we want instead of the way you think we should!! We all have real important lives to live.

Forget this ridiculous categorising players as ‘hardcore’, or ‘casual’. Gaming is BY DEFINITION casual, whether you play it in fifteen minute spells or fifteen hour ones, people still have lives to lead! With a quick save function you use it if you want it, you ignore it if you don’t. It’s as simple as that!

As I said, no purchase from me yet, but for those who have the game and wish to save when they want, hop over to the Nexus site and get this mod:

It was the first mod made for this game. What does that tell you??

5 Likes

Have you access to console commands?

If so this maybe work for you.

Save (YourChoiceOfFileNameHere) – Save Game

I agree with OP, we need a way to save when we want.

It’s simple: if the game requires only long playing sessions because I can’t quit when I want, I won’t be playing this game very often.

This game is great because you can solve quests in many ways. If I can’t save when I want, I just won’t try risky solutions if failing means losing an hour and restart from scratch each time. I’ll just go with the safest route each time and miss a lot of the game’s potential.

2 Likes

If they don’t want to change the saving style, then another way to even out the system would be to have someone or somewhere that can refill your supply of schnapps bottles for free.
You have to go to certain locations to refill your bottles, but it solves the problem of having to lose hard earned money on items that are pivotal to your enjoyment of the game.
I also think the number you can carry needs to be increased if they are going to stick to the schnapps style of saving.

There is no limit to amount of schnaps as far as I know. Only weigth limit, which is not so bad

2 Likes

I thought you were limited to 3 Schnapps? I havn’t had enough money yet to try buying more than that, but I thought the tuturial had said something about being limited to having 3.

A save on exit would be nice. Or a save every 10-30 minutes maybe? I think it’s a cool idea, but it has its pros and cons. So much uncertainty with the bugs and irl stuff that can cost you hours and hours of progress.

The problem is that the game disconnects several times a day because it’s new and not bugfree, besides this it disconnects when steam does patching at night for a couple of minutes which then results in a X amount of time lost.

2 Likes

Let me save!

1 Like

If you are lucky, you can find a treasure with a recipe for the save-schnapps and can make your own potions at the alchemy labratory.

3 Likes