More people and bigger citys in game?

I have watched some vids of this game and it looks good. but its so few people in the towns. would like a bigger city to walk in with alot of people in it. can u make a little army or something in the game to?

There will be small lovely villages and crowded bigger cities/castles. You will of course also meet armies! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Medieval population was not very large I suppose. Some time ago I have heard that 3rd Act is supposed to have a biggest city…

Prauge?
Lets go listen to Jan Huss preaching in the Bethlehem chapel.

I’d pretty much love that.

1 Like

I can’t image a 40 000 population city in game… no with details they have. That would take years and years to make in my opinion.

2 Likes

There could be only parts of the city availible or it could be only a part of a main quest.
Just a quick tour through medieval Prague.

compromises

But you are right.

Well Kutná Hora would be large enough to make it really interesting and yet small enough to be doable.

Not to mention that in 1420 Kutná Hora was the first place in the world where field artillery and firearms were used during the battle. I don’t know how fast forward the team wants to move in history with Act 3, but having the battle of Kutná Hora re-enacted in the game (also with the previous Žižka’s feats elsewhere) would be quite something.

1 Like

Not to mention that in 1420 Kutná Hora was the first place in the world where field artillery and firearms were used during the battle

Can you provide a source? I have hard time believeing it.

Guys, you may have seen the town of Rattay in the vertical slice. Counting citizens within and near the walls we plan to populate it with some 150 people, not counting bypassers, guards and other variable whatnot. We have 2 more similarly large urban areas in Act 1. Indeed, you are right, if all goes well in Act 3 we plan to have one of the major Czech cities in the game (and no, it’s not Prague, that’s a too big a bite). However it may end up being just a section of it. It depends on future performance tests (or design requirements).

6 Likes

150 inhabitants, with daily cycles?
Damn guys.

You could live your whole virtual life in that town.

1 Like

The whole map has daycycles! :muscle:
(and no, we are not using the ultimate powa of clout to compute all that)

2 Likes

its like Teletubbies come alive!!!

Jokes aside.
When you say that there will be 150 people in the town plus bypassers and guards (and others.)

What does it mean? that guards will not have a place to sleep?
That bypasser will just spawn somewhere and dissapears when he passes through the town?

Setton, Kenneth Meyer (1975), A History of the Crusades: The fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, Univ of Wisconsin Press, p. 604

Dig around a bit more and you will find plenty sources. Why do you think that English words like pistol and howitzer have Czech origin?

The artillery and firearms of the era were too heavy, cumbersome and slow to operate for use in the open field warfare. However, adding them to the wagon fort strategy made them very much usable since wagon fort moved very slowly and wasn’t likely to being overrun by enemy cavalry.

Previously, the artillery and firearms have been used merely during sieges (both by attackers and defenders).

i see, that makes more sense.
I thought that by battle you meant also sieges.
thanks for clear up.

They have. It just means their numbers will change significantly (from initial 8-10 to 30).

Nobody will disappear in midst of the map (even out of your sight) that’s all I can say :blush:

4 Likes

The war is comming.

Also, thanks for the info.

This was one of my biggest concerns. So many games nowadays have issues with NPC pop in. I like the idea that the NPCs exist and live and breathe in the world, whether I watch them do it or not.

1 Like

On the other hand as I read it second time.
It almost seem that @MadSmejki is implaying something.

Especially “that’s all I can say” part is very suspicious.
I sense a chatch somewhere.
But where?

The big cutscenes are a problem.
They must save the position of the NPCs and after the cutscene, restart on the old postition.

Maybe some disappear in this time… :wink:

[quote=“MadSmejki, post:15, topic:22938”]
that’s all I can say
[/quote]without going into details of the tech :wink:

1 Like