Our biggest concerns

Since there are so many community suggestions on how to make every tiny detail of the game super realistic.I am highly concerned that if it is becoming more or less like a simulation, at the cost of playability and fun.Of course i like the setting to be more serious and true, but I hope the game will find a great balance between realism and being an enjoyable game to play.

1 Like

I heard the commentary, but I understood it in a different way. Sorry, there is no need to get exasperated about a stupid worrywart like me.
Just to be clear we are talking about the same thing, let me rephrase: If in a combat is to feel realistic against a tough opponent, I expect a lot of my blows dodged and blocked with their weapon (or shield). Of those that are not blocked - and that I judge by what I see - I would expect to see most to bounce off of the opponent’s armour, or have an opponent recoil hugely without a feel of having pierced him through. A fight with an opponent, who is tough in the sense that I need to pierce his/her torso many times before he/she falls, is fine for RPGs in general, but does not feel realistic.
Perhaps for now we will agree that the early build shown was far from what is actually planned including the aspect I wrote the concerned note about. I am all for it. :sunny:

1 Like

Im not really concerned about something but I think the thing many of you mentioned is not that much of a problem.
I mean that too much realism and too many details will affect playability and fun in a negative way.
I think Warhorse knows what they are doing and its good that the community comes up with so many Ideas. They know wich one’s to pick and wich may not be practicable. Maybe some Ideas turn out great and are not that hard to implement.
And if Warhorse doesnt know then the Alpha/Beta testers will say what affects gameplay in a negative way and there is still time to fix things.
So thats appears to be not such a big problem for me. I just hope that Warhorse will have the Time to read the Forum

Indicator: The same old indicator at the bottom of the screen, which during combat is not a stable orange but drops to blue and then the orange level rises at a moderate pace. Like I said, I feel I am asking about something obvious.
Sword: I would think that if I slash a guy in the arm with a sharp sword, I will chop it off of him. In game terms, I will take some important “vitality” points away from him. It would be so much better to have Monty Python’s Black Knight there, but I would really like to feel the difference between using a sharp sword and a blunt one. Apart from the proper feel in the fight, the sword-sharpening minigames will become important, as they should.

I just hope the size of the world is big enough :smiley:

It is:

Did you watch the live stream video? There he was riding for quite a while.
In the map thread I linked above, you can see a map with a highlighted section in my post, that’s where he rode.
You see, the map isn’t that small. :wink:

True. Short and nice.

I am waiting for the first thread regarding the inclusion of a realistic digestive system including features such as a flatulence and “the watery delivery”.

3 Likes

Tacked-on multiplayer. :confused:
Fortunately, this doesn’t sound like it’s likely to happen, but I keep seeing people requesting it for some reason.

1 Like

Yeah they already have a medieval Sims game…“The Sims Medieval” as a matter of fact. :stuck_out_tongue:

They should probably go play that. Its actually not that bad of a game.

Like what? I’m really curious as to what you consider too authentic?

1 Like

There won’t be PS4 or XBOne alpha or beta. But if you pledged high enougth you will be able to play them on PC even if you want final game on consoles.

Most fan ideas that scared me had nothing to do with autenticity. Actually they were opposite to it.

I think he means simulation, like being able to do every single stroke of work yourself and sticking to this alone: Just being a farmer, for example. Till a field, sell the crops, tend and shear sheep and sell the wool etc.

Ah yeah… I suppose more than a few people seem to think that the game is a completely open medieval sandbox. I wonder how they’ll feel once they find out the that character and plot are already set.

The thing is as I have come to understand…the game has a large open-world…and you can perform certain tasks… and you can even choose to solve situations in certain ways… but no matter what you are a blacksmith’s son seeking to serve his lord in defense of his country.
I’m thinking some people are assuming that like Skyrim or Fallout the game will present you with a story and you’ll be able to choose to just say screw it and make your own adventure… This is not that kind of game.

1 Like

I agree with most of the concerns here. But I am not expecting a medieval life simulator here. It’s a game, so a lot of things have to be simplified or it will turn into this.

My biggest concern is that you will end up playing a Rambo character like most RPGs out there, where you can take on professional soldiers and Gandalf like 2 days after you start. I think the game pace has to be as slow as possible (or at least have the option) and also get clear negative effects when you die or get wounded, making you actually fear the opponent and forcing you to chose your battles well, like in real life. If you can just try to kill a difficult character with no penalty from failing, then what’s the point? You just load repeatedly.

Interesting point…One of the most addictive and infuriating games in a long time was FTL. I love that game, it is monumentally difficult, and if you screw up just once…You are done. I actually think a harsh element of reset, like DayZ would be very interesting, “No-go-backsies” auto-save / Auto-load rinse and repeat makes me cringe. I do realise I am in a minority on this, but the sense of achievement from nailing a hard game is almost palpable.

The lore seeker is right. I really dont want to have to do chores, I think its enough we have to eat and sleep. Do you want to come home after a battle and rest for two days, then have to do your laundry to get out all the blood. Someone said medival sims, and im not sure I want that…

Oh doing your laundry is already confirmed… and I think its awesome. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides… all the side tasks are being handled by minigames… MINIGAMES! How sweet is that?!

My biggest concern is similar to a few above. That the developers might change their initial path becuase of complaints (just keep in mind that we funded it because of what we seen in the concepts ;)) In-depth I’m pretty much afraid of so-called “balancing” where weapons and weapon wielding is ahistorically changed to please players. Maybe a historical/arcade switch in the menu could solve this? Or any other problem like “realistic needs”/“just bring 'em on” and such. Or non of this is neccessary if the modding can be done extensively and somewhat easily (supported by and SDK or such), which brings on my second biggest concern: I hope the modability is still planned (just wondering because of the PS and Xbox version) and will work out fine.

I’m hoping the modding community is really embraced by the devs. You can see on the Skyrim and Oblivion nexus the huge variety of addons and immersion it can offer so it’d be good to see devs offering support to the modding community and learning from it as to what people want in the game.