Pet peeve - the carrots

So this is, as the title said, just a pet peeve of mine. It might just be me in the entire fanbase who noticed this, or even cared about it…

…But the carrots in this game are orange! Orange carrots are a thing from the 17th century. Before that, carrots were white, yellow, and purple. You can still find those kind of carrots on farmer’s markets and such, but since the 17th century, the orange ones have dominated.

Ever since I first learned about this game on Kickstarter, I’ve been thinking to myself “I know they are going to add orange carrots. I know they are going to add orange carrots. They do so much research for everything else, but I know they are gonna miss out on the carrots.”

You are now free to ridicule me for this very minor pet peeve! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I think we should start a ‘Ban the Orange Carrot’ thread and muster up enough support to bring this very important game-breaking omission to the forefront of Warhorses attention so that they can deal with it as a matter of priority

6 Likes

Yeah. And did you see the potatoes with tomatoes in the kitchen inside the buildings? That’s disaster!

7 Likes

the carrot thing was mentioned here on the forum way before alpha started, I guess they just didnt see it or tell it the responsible person. I’m not sure, maybe there have been some orange ones but those must’ve been rare.
I didnt see potatoes or tomatoes yet, I’ll look for them but thats a no go!

Disaster indeed! What’s next? Bananas?

1 Like

Ore even worse… Cabbage

Didn’t you know that the moors introduced bananas to bohemia as soon as 1066?

i take more issue with potatoes. at least carrots of any color were in europe.

There are no potatoes :wink:

Nor Tomatoes…

At least they kept Corn out…

They did not miss that, I read somewhere that it was simply one of their decision, similar to iron hoop on backet…

Wenceslaus is right.

"every detail" calls for full scale simulation which is impossible but we are working hard being accurate. We have our limits though. See the orange carrots in one of the scenes? Well, carrot didn't have that color in these olde tymes. But we decided to go orange so that player wouldn't take it for some other vegetable. It may be similar with the society aspects.[(source: Kickstarter)][1]
1 Like

Immersion is great but we forget all the time that overall what life was like in 1403 and 2014 are entirely different, to the extent that a 100% recreation or simulation of that world would be impossible.

Hey, think about, it will be possible to mod this game. So even if there will be orange carrots in the final game, there will be soon an “no more orange carrots” mod. To change the color of a vegetable will be no problem at all, so don´t worry about it. :wink:

1 Like

well i’m gonna have to disagree with their line of thinking on the carrot issue. i think making it different colored could highlight the difference between our time and their time. just little details.

i wouldn’t want them to go out of the way to make it familiar to us. if there are strange things unfamiliar to us, that’s even better.

5 Likes

Have you considered that it may be difficult to replicate these carrots? are the carrots in question currently available?

Allot of the models Ive seen look 3D scanned and if the vegetables in question aren’t available this could be a feasible reason for going the route they did.

they’re similar, just different color. like yellow, white, purple, etc

Hmm… on germans amazon the colorful carrots are not available at the moment. Maybe next week or so… :wink:

1 Like

Your worries on my head.

You called? (Twenty characters)