Possible to become a Baron?

So he would basically be another Don Quijote?

I think you replied to the wrong person. :slight_smile:

Now thatā€™s what I had in mind.

1 Like

About the possibility of being knighted: I donā€™t have any information regarding the game, but I visited an exhibition about the Council of Constance (1414-1418) today. One of the objects on display was a pair of golden spurs which allegedly have been given to the mayor of the city when he was knighted by Sigismund (If I remember correctly). Maybe that would be an example of a commoner being knighted by one of the protagonists of the game? But maybe that was just some made up story to explain the origin of the spurs, who knows :wink:

Hereā€™s a picture from the museumā€™s web site:

http://www.landesmuseum.de/website/dyndata/Sporen.jpg

Knighting of commoners certainly could be possible (even if not common). Making one a baron, on the other handā€¦ Not that Iā€™ve heard of.

Now that you have heard ofā€¦

Think in a whole picture ā€¦

• people were preparing for knighthood since their childhood (how to hunt, how to ride a horse, how to read/write, about religion, ā€¦), it was case of children of current knights and lords
  • itā€™s not like some peasant from a field could become a knight over a night
  • just a king could give a knighthood and can you imagine he would give it just to anybody ā€œfrom the common peopleā€?
  • and on top of that, Wenceslaus is inprisoned and Sigismund is kind of enemy of Henry
1 Like

You speak as if we are just anybody. From the look of it, we will have the chance to be quite heroic, plus we are the main character, so I doubt we will be some background disposable guard. Obviously we would have to earn it, but the point here is that it is possible.

But itā€™s true. You will be no superhero changing the history. Main character of the game, not the whole game world :slight_smile: Also Henry will be no knight, it was already stated. I just pointed out for obvious reason why not.

1 Like

I bet you could change the worldā€¦ If they make whoever is in charge killable. Anyway, Iā€™m not sure I have read anything from them saying you can not become a knight, from the trailer, you look pretty knightly, and once again, it is not outside of the realm of possibility.

Browse the forum, watch the videos from WH, you will get the answers. You will be able to affect just a small things, not the whole story.

1 Like

I already knew that, it still doesnā€™t mean you can not be knighted, that is my only point.

Knighted by whom? Sigismund? Wenceslaus from a prison?

1 Like

No idea. The game isnā€™t out yet if you didnā€™t know.

You donā€™t get the point, do you? Never mind then.

1 Like

What is your point? That nothing good can possibly happen to your character no matter what? Iā€™m not sure what you are trying to get across, maybe if you said it?

The things that may or may not happen to Henry are not 100% set in stone, is the message Iā€™m taking away from what Yuusou said. He may be a ā€œcommon manā€ type but itā€™s still setting up for him to be able to do some special things, especially if heā€™s going to be a basic blacksmith. Then again, itā€™s not unheard of for commoners to take up arms in some form or another throughout history.

That doesnā€™t mean he will become nobility, doesnā€™t mean heā€™ll specifically be knighted or not, but as far as whatā€™s possible? They havenā€™t written all the quests yet.

So, letā€™s cool it with the ā€œNo, that will never happen and your idea is absurdā€ attitude like some random poster here is the authority on what the writers are doing. There are more civil ways of communicating skepticism or disagreement with a point without coming off as a know-it-all.

As for power fantasies, countless numbers of movies, video games and even books make use of these things. Why? Escapism from real life. Who here hasnā€™t dreamt of being someone or something else? That is not someone being a ā€œnerd.ā€ Thatā€™s just someone having an imagination. Games in particular allow people to step into the feet of any number of different characters who get to do fantastic things. Even if KCD is aiming for more realism than most games, thereā€™s still a strong fantasy element present in everything Henry will be doing.

So how about people chill on trying to make themselves out to be better than others here because you might think their ideas or POVs are inferior to yours? It is not the ā€œjobā€ of any random poster here to keep anyone in line about anything. We can talk and discuss, agree and disagree without the holier-than-thou attitudesā€¦right?

I agree with you, but I canā€™t help but make a joke hereXD Plese imagine this in he voice of the honest trailers guy. For example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjTOF8IC528

From sharpening swords to buying bread, you will always feel as if you are in an amazing fantasy world! Coming this summer: ā€œGuy speaks with tailorā€, featuring such classic scenes as: ā€œman walks too tavernā€ and "guy eats his lunch. Who could forge the classic: ā€œrepairs broken shoesā€. You will never be bored , in this spectacular fantasy setting!

Coming to a P.C near you, if you want an amazing medieval stuff simulator, this is the game for you!

ā€œMy job here is to grab everyoneā€™s legs and drag them back to the ground. ;-)ā€

Self-appointed? :wink:

No, he was voted in.

@Wicker

Sir, are you [edit] ā€¦a dog? :raised_hand:

1 Like