Quest: Find out if anyone knows about Limpy Lubosh

It’s in Rattay above the armorer. I think you have to talk to the scribe that liives there or the bailif

If fail with Godwin
Talk to the bailiff in Uzhitze again… that’s the key!
He sends you to the scribe in Rattay.

Ran into a huge issue a little further down the line… the scribe in Rattay seems to never come out of his locked room. He’s nowhere to be found and I can’t continue the quest at all. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve waited quite a while and it’s not night time or anywhere near it.

I lock picked to him. He’s Ill and bed ridden. You shouldn’t get in trouble but save before hand.

I have lockpicking 2 and 2 lockpicks… and I only have that high of a skill because it’s required to lockpick, pickpocket, or knockout to get stealth skill. This is not a viable solution. If this is the only answer, warhorse really needs to fix this… along with the archery contest glitching… and the fact that agreeing to a drink means a whole night of carousing without chances to back out in the middle… and the stealth skill progression issue… and… well… you get the point. I love sooo much of this game, but a ton of it is immensely frustrating. Great ambition, but it’s clearly their first game and it shows… a lot.

Lockpicking Go Here for Help.. Also you can go Here to hunt Cumans/Bandits for lockpicks which they drop - I have over 120 lockpicks. (Not that I need them since I don’t break them anymore since lockpicking is easy.

You don’t need to proceed further with the quest line. I spent probably 60hrs of gameplay before even touching the story.

missing the point, zelt… if you’re playing a “good” character, you don’t just break into peoples houses… if on a quest and you’re “good” you look for the legal way to do things. So your option is get busted for drinking after curfew and fight the guards (nope) or break into someone’s locked home/work? Again… that’s not viable.

And I see your smug “lockpicking is easy peasy” thread, and honestly, you’re just being a jerk. That had zero actual advice and was just rude.

Lol well excuse me for trying to give you some assistance. I commit zero crimes myself, however I’m not going to let some fault stop my from progressing. I picked the lock in daylight with people around, I didn’t get in trouble so it wouldn’t have harmed you. But whatever. I’ll be sure not to ever give you and tips or advice :hugs:

Again… very smug. Your thread isn’t advice. that’s the point. you don’t explain how you do it, it’s just a vid of you doing it… it’s not advice. Also, even if the game doesn’t fault you for picking a lock, if caught, it could and likely should. On top of that, it’s a main quest with no “legal” way to finish it. That’s ridiculous.

I’m not annoyed that you’re giving advice… I’m annoyed that you’re saying ‘look I’m great you suck’ and calling it advice.

1 Like

No, I’m hoping people could just repeat. You turn the lock and follow the turn speed with the orange circle, you move them both together in roughly unison. The key is speed however. When you see someone do something 20 times I’d assume you’d e able to repeat. - especially when the thing you’re repeating takes 5 seconds and isn’t a 20min complex ordeal.

Also I do know the bailiff and many people sleep inside that building, wait for someone to enter/exit? Once in almost all doors are unlocked - and there are no doors after that first one leading to the scribe.

Yeah. Great… that was actually closer to advice, so that’s a step in the right direction, but it doesn’t make it easy to do. Also… again… it was never the topic at hand. it’s just a side conversation that you inserted.

The issue is that there’s apparently no way to complete the quest without breaking in or doing other illegal things, while in the act of an official city guard investigation…

Also you complained about a shortage of lockpicks. Probably 10 people sleep in that building including the bailiff. Surely somebody uses that door or the door to the left up to there stairs (where you’re met with another locked door) - but surely somebody opens that also.

But - that’s enough advice out of me here. Best of luck on your adventures. I see not how I can help any further - not that you want it anyways.

no… actually… I just said it was labeled very hard and I have 2 at level 2. I break 3-4 lockpicks on easy locks and I move both thumbsticks together. I’m not an idiot, it’s just not as easy for everyone as it is for you. Again… it’s still not the point. If you are just going to keep saying the same bs then just don’t respond to me anymore. You’re not helping and just adding to my frustration

Well then the other door - up the stairs is easier and still leads to him. - but you’re no criminal.

You don’t give up. You don’t care. You’re just smug and rude and have provided me zero help any time you’ve responded to any of my posts or comments. You are worthless to me.

I can only share my knowledge of my experiences. Like I said, the scribe is sick and bedridden, don’t be expecting him to come out. And if I didn’t care then why did I spend hours exploring the entire map, taking screenshots, stitching them together and marking the map of all the known bandit/Cuman camps? Surely I have a drop of kindness and sympathy in me.

Just enter his room ? It should be open on a daytime. It’s upstairs where all the books are

That door is locked, was locked for me as well. Can be picked however with no penalty.

I had an issue where sir divish locked himself in his room. I saved my game and reloaded and it worked after, try that.

1 Like

So i can speak to the bailiff in Uzhitz to progress my quest!? I turned down Godwins offer for another drink as i wanted Henry to be an honourable chap this playthrough.