So, the new quest

Whats the new alchemy quest about?
Where is the kiln to get the charcoal?
Where is the tavern where the sick guy got drunk?

The new alchemy quest is about some poor guy who has the runs. Talk to a guy sitting in the middle of the village, and he’ll tell you to talk to a guy sitting on the other side of the river (near the other houses).
After that there’s a hut in the forrest where you can ask about medicin. That’s as far as I’ve gotten, I’ve been running up and down the river trying to find anything that looks remotely like a kiln, so far without luck though, I’m almost starting to fear that they forgot to add it xD

Look behind the Archery Range.

Thanks, I found it now =)

The description sounded like it was somewhere further up (but near) the creek (river), very confusing. Thanks though =)

1 Like

I do hope they make a better recipe book with ways how to cook the potions. I seem to keep failing at making potions.

the recipe is in that book, I dont know how to toggle it with keyboard though (play with controller).

there’s a bug where sometimes you can’t read the book. the use function doesn’t show up and won’t work. also the description is a bit misleading. it’s probably for the final version where mortar and pestle is working. right now it’s not working, so you just throw the charcoal chunks right into the cauldron, but you can still get the antidote from it.

the glass pots on left lower shelf labled “draw potion” is used to jar the finished result.

boil for one “turn” means you use the hourglass once, and keep using the bellow to keep the water boiling. two turns, means you flip the hourglass twice.

I cant find charcoal, the blacksmit wont help me :frowning: I know where the woman tell it should be, but there is nothing there I can pickup, I see it but cant take it…

Edit: Now it suddently worked on the same place I have tried 10times…

I have noticed the book only glitches for me if I haven’t talked to Jerry and done everything else to get the hag to start the tutorial.

So

Talk to Jerry.

Find ingredients. I do this on my way to Jerry and everywhere else im heading saves time v.s. dedicated trip.

Find Hag. I pay for her to tell me how to make it nettle is abundant enough to make up the cost when sold to the merchant.

walk into the hut after she tells me she will teach me.

enter hut and wait to activate alchemy table until the tutorial overly appears in the upper right hand corner. everytime I rush in the whole tutorial glitches and I cant get to the recipe section.

The runs? You mean the shits, right?

4 Likes

No need to make a potion for such a guy, tell him to eat a few blocks of charcoal.

I only found Nettles but nothing more…
Water and Nettles are not enough :blush: Mission Failed :smile:
If the game is released i need to learn about it because i’m a knight not herbalist :sunny:

charcoal’s pretty easy to find, it’s near where they stoke fires for long period using wood. so blacksmith’s place is a sure bet. they also added some kilns behind the sheep pen/shooting range. i know they say quest markers will work in future, but playing without it is just fine and you have to pay close attention to what people say. maybe if there’s a whole bunch of quests collected, it’d get confusing, but i think it’s working fine this way. especially if you like to take your time and just do one or two things at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks for hints… and i will prefer playing without markers.
But for that i need german language :blush: but i will try it again :sunny:

You can buy the other herb.

Oh no i can’t… i need the brown quilted jacket :wink:

1 Like

just look for this

in german its called “Distel”

theres one near the small bridge (spawn side), near the spawn, too and basically near ways. Just look for it you’ll find it.

4 Likes

Thank you!
Sometimes it is a problem of the direction from where you want picking up.
The message doesn’t always appear.

You have no idea how much I hate nettles after trying to find some thistles.

3 Likes

Because they are everywhere?