Some up close pictures of the Monastery

The Sázava is pretty shallow at some locations, but not in the ones this game takes place in, at least not so shallow that it can form a ford.

i’ll edited the post and will stop talking about swimming.
for me the arguments are nonsense.

Let’s look away from immersion, atmospheric and realistic reasons.

Swimming is completely usless feature. Unless the developers put in the game underwater quests.
Even in Skyrim I used swimming just few times and those were times where there was a flooded cave.

In this game there is so little of “swimmable” water that putting even a single person to create this feature would be waste of time. Most people would not even swim.
Would it feel good to know that you can swim? certainly! But you have to keep in mind that Warhorse has schedule to run.

This is reason enough for me, though I don’t know the truth.

So as I said earlier:

I would rather be able to swim then have a third person view.

Ha there’s nice little pond outside the monastery, I at the very least expect a baptism.

Well, yea, me too.

And who would you be baptising? Certainly not a child.

Tournament fighters Mines ?

When I visited the place, the river seemed calm almost as a pond. I didn’t get in though because it seemed too dirty due to the drought. But getting across should not be problem for anyone with at least meager swimming skills. I suppose that on wider sections one should be always able to reach the bottom with his feet. Crossing on a horseback would definitely be completely no problem.

Well, for example if enemy soldiers are tracking you, going through river is a great way to lose them.

Or when you need to get into a guarded area, getting through water in the night is exceptional option.

Waterways were also used in the middle ages to transport anything large (downstream on its own, pulled by horses upstream). I see plenty of options how the river may be used, hopefully WH will

2 Likes

this is actually pretty great thinking.

Though crossing on horse back and river transportation could still appear in the game.

1 Like

Cumans of course.

But if the monastery was still under construction or was it a rebuilding? either way how active would it have been?

It was gotic renovation.

But as it was Monastery some monks or nuns had to live there and I dont believe that they would just go live somwhere else just because of a rebuilding.

From quick search it seems that Sazava monastery was active until 1421. That was the starting year of Hussite wars and all personal was expeled.

Actually the Sazava monastery was really interesting as far as I know. It was after westernisation of church in Bohemia (around ninth century) the only place in Bohemia where the Old Slovanian (Cyrilo-Metodic) rite was kept. So the mass there would be lot easier to understand for local people than mass anywhere else. They were keeping there lot of text in cyrilic.

Take cover! Info incoming!
This post is wrong about accessibility of areas. Most of the green will be accessible.

Graphical stuff in this post is not “unfinished”. It is just LOD version of some models.

[quote=“Gizzytiki, post:11, topic:23650”]The whole map but beyond a certain area it is just the same pasted bland squares of forest. I found this too
[/quote]
Thi spost is right on this one.

[quote=“DrFusselpulli, post:18, topic:23650”]2) henry will not able to swim
[/quote]Yes you cannot enter deeper waters for this very reason:

[quote=“ProkyBrambora, post:22, topic:23650”]In the end only thing that swimming would serve would be just as atmospheric or immersion feature. And considering how much work it is, it just not pays off.
[/quote] It is a feature of extremely low priority.

Act 2 will be a new map you can travel to (and back)

[quote=“Mafian94, post:41, topic:23650”]
Mines ?
[/quote]A quarry. We already showed the picture of it.
http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/galleries/1681/kc-deliverance-quarry.jpg
Use this as proof we have much more stuff done than what you can see in alpha outside its current boundaries. Like, in orders of magnitude. The only stuff we left in are lofi LOD versions of buildings which if missing would feel bad.

10 Likes

Sorry but i can’t resist…
I like to jump against a wall when i tried to jump over a river!
That’s the most ugly thing on alpha! :smile:
Hope WH will find another solution if swimming isn’t integrated!

We will pour water on you head. Is that enough? :smiley:

1 Like

Actually water and swamps in general played a crucial role in medieval warfare. But I’ll not miss it, either. If there’ll be few river crossings (There seemed to be one right under Rattay from what I saw in previous trailers), it should be enough.

1 Like

Hey, I don´t make official warhorse posts here. My information are weasel speculations by comparing different information and put them together. And the thing with drowning was only a kind of idea. :wink:

A really good point sir. I don´t thought about that. I think you must be right. :thumbsup:
In this case, we will be able to go to other side of river.

1 Like

The monastery was a rebuilding, they wanted to get bigger.

Hi, just stumbled across some nice stuff - plans of the current state of the monastery church: http://www.agm-geo.cz/ukazky_kostely.html

for anybody who is interested…

2 Likes

Whoa, You have been around for ages…Nice, It’s 2018, Tell the Big WarHorse boos to let Consoles users get Mods…