The 2,100,000$ goal has been reached!

These stretch goals will most likely be worked on after all the main game stuff is finished so i wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

I dunno. Some of the goals could conceivably be left until the end (like the codex), but others sound like they’ll need to be developed alongside everything else (like the dog companion). Even for purely cosmetic stuff, I’d rather not see the devs promise features and then have to cut them later due to lack of time (which has been my experience with other Kickstarters).

how about the ability of building great traps to assault carriages or patrols or something like in robin hood games.

I guess Warhorse thinks first if its possible for them to do before releasing a new stretch goal. And for the codex or something they could hire more people if they dont have enough ressources.
I think they can and will reach the things they already set as goals.

I’m excited to see what they will come up with for the next stretchgoal since every single one was nice so far

Yeah, I noticed that too. However, there’s a topic on this forum, where I think @TobiTobsen confirmed that they will deliver on this and that there will be options to turn quest markers etc. off, something like a hardcore mode. I hope @warhorse keep their promise. This shouldn’t be a stretch goal, that should be an inherent part of the game.

EDIT: Please, give us option to play WITHOUT quest markers

My suggestion: they should only add stuff to the game which could easily be out-sourced (like e.g. better/more cinematics/cut-scenes, more/better localizations) or stuff which could be intregrated in the game without a lot of extra work for the core staff.

I agree that stretch goals which only increase the workload for Warhorse are probably more negative than positive. The general vision and scope for the game is imo already big enough so we shouldn’t expect more gameplay features but perhaps a better quality/optimization and perhaps some improvements of already existing features. :wink:

1 Like

I also doubt that they would take on a stretch goal that delayed the game.

For 100k, I’ve got a couple of stretch goals.
-Drinking mini-game (but not really). Not so much a mini-game but just put consumable alcohol in the game (and not like skyrim either, make a drinking animation). Make it so you can drink way too much and then go careening around the place or black out if you really drink too much.
-Add crossbows or maybe slings. Throw in some javelins, throwing axes, or even daggers.
-Put decapitations in fights. Like when you do a high horizontal swing with an axe or a heavy bladed sword, their heads comes off. Maybe some impaling with thrusting weapons as well.
-A bunch of tavern songs that the npcs will sing whenever you go by a pub. Could even add a minstrel or a bard. And make the songs they sing relevant, like if your deeds become widely known, make them sing about your exploits.

So there’s a couple of ideas, honestly though, I’m just looking forward to a good game.

5 Likes

I really, really like this idea. One of my favorite parts of AC IV: Black Flag (not to make a comparison in games, just a specific feature) was the sailors singing shanties. Once you got quite a few of them, it even made for a decent random mix. Couple that with the implementation of a one-button skip song option, and it was a 100% winner.

If patrons at taverns or by the docks or even at the market sang songs of old, that would be a worthwhile goal to me. :wink:

2 Likes

If it is possible to have this. A map editor of some sort or something or just rather custom battle.
Like if we want to have castle takeover whenever we want to we just go to custom battles. That would sound fun :smiley:

1 Like

With all the stuff they’ve covered already, I’m not sure what more can be added! That is, something that won’t mean a lot of extra work pushing the deadline.

I gotta agree jousting would be cool though. Not sure how a good system for it could work, but I got plenty of faith in Warhorse after the work they’ve put into combat and crafting already.

Jousting and falconry are both activities of and for the nobility. That doesn’t fit to our poor son of a blacksmith Henry.

Maybe - but only maybe - something for act 2 or 3.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to see a goal that would make the team spread too thin. I want them to focus on the core of the game:

• the story
  • the combat system
  • the AI

If they just hire more developers to work on these, that will be fine with me.

6 Likes

what also wold be coll for next goal is afthere you finish the game that you get the credits that day put a special thanx for all the backers with our names on it , with the option to skip ofcors

if nothing else how about a side quest? May i recommend one involving hallucinogens like Ergot found in rye? this way we can have a magical adventure minus the magic and plus more insane visions.

1 Like

And the side quests. Make them interesting, diverse, fun. In case the core game mechanisms are done it should not be that hard to implement quests, should it?

Make side quests dependent on the phase of the story of the game, make some of them hidden and not so obvious.

chaaaarlieeeeeeeeeee

Things that I would like to have as next stretchgoal:

1. Multiplayer
  2. Just more polish in the end game (like better physics, more bug fixing, smarter AI)
  3. More mini-games
  4. Ability to buy your own home (like in Skyrim)
  5. Ability to join different orders/factions (something like in Morrowind)

lol you said multiplayer :smiley:

3 Likes

seconded - I really wany to see this happen.