The Muslim Brotherhood & The World

Hello folks, I believe there has been a lack of knowledge on the Muslim brotherhood going as far back as 1991 (in america) though even further back to 1928 I’ll post for you the following video. Feel free to skip the first 7 minutes it’s just intro.

yikes. another scary cult. any particular reason you brought this up?

2 Likes

You are a homosexual member of muslim brotherhood or what’s the point? Thanks for the clarification. I don’t see connection with games or medieval age so i’m a bit confused what we should discuss about.

3 Likes

Here is a nice video about the US and the muslim world…

(Start at 26:43)

3 Likes

Ugh, Muslim Brotherhood is kinda self-explanatory. No need for watching 1 hour long video.

What’s the tl;dr of the video and why is it relevant?

video from original post is 2 hard 2 watch. and has 2 many stars and stripes. what’s the point of so many stars if you can’t tell the difference between stars and dots in for exemple this video resulution? why should I beleve someone who starts her speach with how great the patriots of the nation are when it comes to assessing the threat of “the forginers”?

Since this is in the off topic catigory I don’t see why beeing off topic is an issue, unless there is a forum rule aginst it.

As far as I know, Muslims were in 1453 initially for the Habsburgs and Hungary a problem until after the conquest of Byzantium. (so much for the relevance to the game development) Currently, Islam experienced its 30-year war, the hopefully not so terrible as will be the Christian …

i’ve heard that before but the 30-year war wasn’t just about religion. It’s not a conflict between feudal rulers in modern day middle east and what would be the equivalent to habsburg hegemony? isis seems more like a (clerical) Fascist/Pan-nationalism movement. Also kind of Revanchist as they aim to restor the glorious Caliphat. (and counquer rome?)

Nope, I’m far from a follower of Islam, (also those of you who aren’t willing to watch a 48 minute, once you skip the intro, really don’t care about learning even if it is something you might disagree with) as to how it’s relevant. I remember reading on these forums questions as to prejudices against muslims at the time. If islam these days has any indication on how muslims act back then. Then this video would bring some clarity. That’s my point of view.

Wait arent woman still hated by lots of Muslims?

If you mean the genital mutilation, getting stoned to death for accusations of infidelity, not allowed to drive, must wear traditional muslim clothing, and (at least in ISIS) only allowed to cook, do laundry, marry a man, and have children lots of children. Then yes Woman are still hated in Islam.

2 Likes

If we focus on the actual motivations times (power to suppress dissent, control over information and its interpretation, ultimately, the right of determining the distribution of wealth) I see certain parallels. What good is all our knowledge of history, if we can not carry it in the present, and so identify developments? Religion (reward / punishment) was always making any types of might, whatever coleur.

The problem is not all that, the problem is from a certain political state, the lack of choice of these women. (Genital mutilation is within the power of parents, mother AND father - is true, exception)

I am very scared if someone who is muslim asks me if I believe in Islam. They are told to kill who ever does not believe.
I worry when I am around them and it scares me.

1 Like

It is unfortunate that there continues to be so much fear around Islam and those who follow it. Our media gives only the highly sensationalized and most extreme view of it and that is, I think, a great disservice to the larger majority who not extremists and who support democracy as “the most Islamic form of government possible”.

The carefully nourished fear over Shari’a, in particular, is horrifying to me.

If you’d like a view other than the popular media one, here’s an article for you, courtesy of the Social Science Research Council:

http://blogs.ssrc.org/tif/2011/05/09/explaining-islam-to-the-public/

It depends on which country you’re living in. In the UK, africa, or middle east you should be worried. Almost everywhere else you’ll be fine.

1 Like

I understand how you feel, but really all a person needs to know is if 25% of a religion (the number as of July of this year) are radical islamist who believe that they should kill/dominate non-muslims. Then there is something deeply flawed with the religion.

@1kagetora Please send me a screenshot, where it is in the Queran (However you spell it). ALso, I ahve many muslim friends (I live in Germany) and I myself am Atheist and I’m not scared of muslims, you probably just watched too many 9/11 documentrys.

@Madaras You know, there are about 1 Billion muslims and if 20.000 are bad, how does it make the Religion flawed? Also, every Religion is flawed, the only good Religion is probably buddhism, as it didn’t start any wars I know of.