This game is Brilliant. Excellent. Medieval life rebirth

Continuing the discussion from Player jobs, professions, and work:

I think it is very important to implement non war-related aspects such as living as a farmer, butcher, merchant etc.And the developers are doing this perfectly.

I stress that the future game play videos on YouTube shouldn’t be all about fighting or shooting. I just want to live a peaceful medieval life in the medieval ages. The alpha was perfect in depicting this aspect of medieval times.

1 Like

Okay? It clearly isn’t a better looking mount and blade. Furthermore “living as a wife” I’m not sure if that would fly in medieval times=/ Henry being male and all.

2 Likes

I admit that. Ok maybe not the wife. It was just an idea. But maybe cooking?

Well, medieval times were not peaceful, there was death war with some more death on top of it.

I’m all for this, especially if you can be a farmer. In a game like this, I’m more interested in the historical “experience” of the medieval era, than constant warfare. Perhaps if the devs don’t expand in this direction the modding community could.

It wasn’t war every day. Nations know that war is a great risk, and requires thoughtful planing.
There are ambitious powers and peaceful powers as well. Its not all about war. That’s why I fear this game would look like Mount and Blade, too much war aspects. Therefore it is important for Warhorse to implement realistic medieval life aspects. Possibly: universities, doctors, government officials. At this moment, this game is perfect.

There were times where plagues occurred and there were times of good harvests. Not everything was bad in the Middle ages.

depends on what you compare it with. with most states very dezentreliced wars where genarally smaller and regional so there was also a lot of peace going on.

No but there was war at the particular time and place Warhorse chose to portrait. Usually people want more M&B elements not less. It looks to me like it woun’t be anything like M&B in the sense that it has far less Stratagy and Tactics elements. When they construct there story around a historical conflict it would be kind og weird if you stop to be a farmer for a year and than continue where where you left off. From what I 've seen so far I doubt you can finish the story wihout killing anyone.

1 Like

Actually this wouldn´t be that weird at all cause a lot of people were farmers during peaceful times when there was no call to arms.
But it wouldn´t fit into the time period in which the game plays - it would require a pregame or an allowance to keep playing after you´ve finished the game.
Although there is still one thing left which wouldn´t fit that good. I doubt that a noble would just start farming - you´d need be able to play as another character.

I would dare to say, that a majority of the less important knights and nobles were farmers. They were “paid” with land/fief for their loyality and they have to earn their living with this land. It depends on how big the fief was if you could live only by the work of your peasants. :wink:
But to keep the point: I really hope that the game is not as liniar, that I can only play a storyline and finish the game. I really hope that it is a somewhat free world, where I can play as long as I want.

the majorty of people would still need to be farmers even during a war but the story is constructed around the main character in the conflict and events like battles aren’t randomly generated they happen at a certain point of the story and have a certain date in real live. That part is nothing like mount and blade and it resticts the sandbox elements. There could easily be a side quest to gather the harvest, i think gothic had somthing like that, so you could do some farming but that wouldn’t make the main character a farmer. You can only be a farmer if the storyline says “henry became a farmer”, or you play someone else.

Who knows maybe they make a minigame out of farming at some point but the game clearly focuses on the story (agin nothing like mount and blade) and resolving it’s conflicts. The skills are Thief, Knight and Bard related, the larger part of acctual gameplay most likely isn’t something compleatly unrelated to that. Making a game about runing a buissnes and everyday live would look fundamently different. I recomend "The Guild II’ for that.

This is to be a story driven RPG. Not Medieval Sim.

We will see allot of things to do when not playing the main story which revolves around war.

the problem with people wanting to have mini games such as animal breeding and farming is that Act 1 wont take place over a long enough time period to implement, this is something we may see later in act 2 or 3 if they are ever made.

Here is some screenshots from the site.

6 Likes

I would like to quote this in return:

Interview

It seems to me that you and the KC:D developers have a different idea what medieval sim should mean. As I understand their vision, they want to have a story driven RPG set in a medieval sim environment: authentic architecture, weapons, clothing and other inventory items, believable game mechanics, landscape, NPCs acting out meaningful animations instead of standing somewhere or just wandering around pointlessly and so on.

1 Like

I agree to that vision because…
poeple have to give Warhorse Clan more time.
everyone want a KingSim Come Deliverance.
but most people can’t understand concepts behind it and his features,
The Impressive work behind it. A Multi-Language friendly Studio
which will give with his experience a very awesome base to create a wonderful
big world with real recreations of Medieval life. The true rebirth of a Kingdom which Comes to his Deliverance. The Vision to give the world of developers a sign.
But it can only relaized when people understand and think about it and his new ideas.
Warhorse Members are good in that what they do.
But nobody is perfect and they want to learn new improvements too. I guess.
So to give the people the “Hail to the King”, they want to do everything correct.
I love the idea of a Sim Medieval game.
But first people need a connection to this real feeling.
Many people said to medieval games, “boring” or something.
And to get the attention of gamers
First it is very important to focus all skills on other aspects of Medieval life in a game about it!
That is my Opinion about all around KCD and the gamer scene!

@McWonderBeast is right. It is very authentic medieval RPG, yet it is not a medieval simulator.
Sure it depends what you call a simulator but I dont think a RPG skill based system is a good example.
Also there are few slightly inaccurate things, like wider corridors in castle or orange carrot that were left like that on porpuse — which wouldnt be the case if it would be a simulator.

We can agree on the fact that they try to create as authentic enviroment as possible.
But should the story and autheticity collide then the story has the priority (obviously in some limits).

@loksley, @bebuce

I think you misinterpreted my context. Technically all Games are simulators, semantics bro.

Many people keep wanting to add things into it, that although realistic and potentially fun will not work with the intention of playing out a predetermined story line with restrictions such as time/identity.

It wouldn’t make sense to make an entire farming/animal husbandry mini game if the story only takes place over a few months.

I have never played and have yet to see a story based Simulator, that’s what makes this an RPG v.s. Sim I’m using it in the context of Game Genre Classification.

1 Like