Update on Steam

Game has now translations!

And maybe some other little improvements.

2 Likes

I have seen no such update.

Yupp 161.1 MB Update… :stuck_out_tongue:

Uhh… faster than I thought. I thought they would make this update on Gamescom. :smile:
Nice to see they are such a fast team.

What all is different?

I have no update on steam and everything seems the same from the last time I was on.

I Think language only Update French and German…

2 Likes

That’s new? I swear those have always been there, then again I guess I never had a reason to select them.

@DrFusselpulli Thanks for the german translation! A lot of work… :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the translation… A+++
only button descriptions are still on english.

Thanks I hope everything is fine. :smile:
I only wonder why the quests are not named as they should:

Is that Excel or Word?
Intresting… i want to edit them too :blush: :sunny:

They work with excel, but they have an extra warhorse plugin for this work. I don´t know if I am allowed to show, so I don´t will. :smiley:

1 Like

@TobiTobsen - really?!
“Verloren Schlüssel”?
Tobi, Tobi, Tobi…you should have seen and corrected this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
“Haupt” and “Seite” is also rather sluggish.
Just kidding - great work - some finetuning needed, as always, but a very good service for people who don’t speak english (good).

1 Like

@Ruehling Please more if you find something. ^^
And I have found “Haupt” and “Seite” …hmm… how should I name this?

@Blacksmith, yay I have found the “verloren Schlüssel” :smiley:

Also… “Errungenschaften” is to long for this small window…
Erwerb? Sieg? Gewinn? Erfolg? …hmm…

Haupt I think is okay - since I wouldn’t translate “Quest” and if I had to, I would translate it to “Aufgabe” or "Ziel"
So “Mainquest” becomes “Hauptaufgabe” (doesn’t sound smooth in german at all…) or “Hauptziel” and “Sidequest” becomes “Nebenaufgabe” or “Nebenziel” (not Seite, that would be wrong)

“Erfolge” seems perfect, since “Errungenschaften” is very long (but would fit the middle-age theme somewhat better)

Haven’t played the Demo (err Alpha!) so far, just looked at the Screenshot - maybe I can find some time to look into it, but I guess there are people out there much faster than me :wink:

1 Like

Yes, but will it fit in the small places? :frowning:
German is such a language with so long words… by the way, its funny to talk in english about this german translation. ^^
And I still think about how to translate “Item info” …maybe “Information” is enough… “Gegenstandsinformation” sounds so… “1966 Adam West Batman hält die Welt in Atem”-like…

Would just translate to “Haupt” and “Neben” - but(!) Mainquest has 9 letters - Hauptquest (quest is common nowadays) has 10 - so that’s okay - Sidequest has 9 - Nebenquest has 10 - works.

Item Info is rather difficult, “Gegenstandsinformationen” would be ok or “Gegenstandsbeschreibungen” (now we’re going crazy, I hope all non-german-speakers get a laugh out of this)
Hard to do…very…but I think Iteminfo would be okay - every gamer knows what an Item is - and info is short for information which, surprisingly, is “Information” in german - so stay with “Iteminfo”

P.S.: I had a good laugh at that last remark :smiley: :smiley:

P.P.S: Does any non german on this Forum know what “Fusselpulli” means?! :smiley:

1 Like

“Beschreibung” I like “Beschreibung” more than "Information"
But “Item info” that was my thought exactly as I saw this word… that every gamer will know what it means… still a little bit non-immersive to use it… “Beschreibung” is great I think. ^^

You know… in the translation document, you don´t have a context. I have a long list with the words “Main” and “Side” :smiley:

But rather long…
But so is description, isn’t it?
I think it sounds somewhat clunky, maybe you should aim for “older sounding” german, but I don’t know if everyone will understand that.

Not to mention: the correct translation of Item would be “Artikel” - sooo…we get “Artikelbeschreibung” or "Artikelinformation(en)"
Ah german, you never fail to entertain…only when you talk about german in english you realise how crazy some things are.

Yes, but english can also be funny:

How do we pronounce the word “ghoti”?
The answer is “fish”.
How can “ghoti” and “fish” sound the same?
gh = f as in rouGH
o = i as in wOmen
ti = sh as in naTIon
So…“ghoti” is spoken as “fish”