Update time people!

thread for some discussion on the new video update

touche on the intro :wink:

1 Like

When he said the console versions were running at 5 fps i died. :smile:

9 Likes

haha i think they may have some downgrading to do .

PC ELITE! Our high mighty PC’s will not kneel to petty consoles and their terrible heretic ways. Our fps stays strong!

9 Likes

Love this update. But i have one problem now, i want a “Mortal Vavra” Pledge Goal! :smile:
Dan and Anna on one side battling wave after wave of ultra-feminists, in 8bit graphic and sound please!!! :smile: Oh and Coop please!
@TobiTobsen Anything you can do about that? :smile: :wink:
Just kidding but i couldn’t stop laughing from 14:45 on. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah the jab at femnazis was greatly appreciated lol.

Being Swiss, and thus a time person, I consider myself sufficiently updated. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Ive got a question, I dont want to start a new topic about this because it was probably already answered or mentioned somewhere in the video update BUT, When im playing the Alpha, you can see on the horizon trees and hills, will I be able to go there in the full game? I mean probably YES I just want to ask if people know anything about that or not?

Yes it will be completely open-world

Yepp 
 one of our promisses was and is: You will be able to visit EVERY location you’ll see!

4 Likes

Right now it’s Mortal Vavra
 but it worked just once. After it’s fixed
 we’ll have an awsome arcade machine!! With tons of arcade games <3

he don’t mean the parts behind the big forests (behind the map border)? :blush:

well another update, whoop !

9:43 - you what mate @Hellboy i think i take that crown .

4 Likes

Too bad that the focus of the camera is so narrow. Otherwise we could just read the walls and know juuuust about everything. :smiley: I’m looking forward to the ‘Lost Keys’ quest the scripting guys are working on tho. :smile:

2 Likes

I will acknowledge that maybe you’re being a bit tongue in cheek, but I really dislike the PC elitist attitude. Consoles, from a hardware standpoint, are inherently going to be inferior (since they are intended for multiple year lifespans and hardware and software is ever improving), but once this game is optimized for each respective console, it will look just as good from a couch with a nice TV. So then it comes down to keyboard vs controller (and yes I know you can use a controller with PC), and from an immersion standpoint, I prefer a controller.

Once KCD is optimized for the X1 and PS4, they both will run 30fps, 1080p.

I think he meant it as a joke even though hes right pc>console :sunglasses:

And thats right there is whats holding back the potential of games. Having to make sure the consoles can handle them.

No no it wont. The devs even said it would look better on pc.

30 fps for that cinematic look right :wink:
But honestly dude i think @andrewgilmore was just joking around.

I find people on the ps4 to be the most elitist. Pc people are simply tired of getting bad ports and games being held back by console. I dont see how that makes us elitists by simply speaking the truth.

I’m not suggesting that everyone who prefers PC has an elitist attitude. But there is definitely an attitude that exists among many PC gamers where they raise their nose to console gamers, and it’s annoying.

I do agree that PC gamers shouldn’t be left with ports, but, keep in mind, the X1 and PS4 are essentially PCs too. It’s the same architecture. So I don’t think KCD is going to be a “port”, nor any other PC games going forward.

The X1 and PS4 are going to have a ceiling in regards to resolution, graphics, framerate, etc
, while the PC can turn up that dial a bit more. And this is exactly what the KCD devs have said. The PC version of KCD is going to be “better” than the X1/PS4 version.

When you play a PC game, 9/10 you’re going to be playing it on your PC monitor. Your eyes are probably 2-3 feet from your 24" monitor, or whatever it is.

When you play on a console, you’re sitting 10-15 feet away, from your 50"+ television.

In general, the game will look more or less identical. If you were to really scrutinize each, you will discover some differences in detail, etc. But from a gaming standpoint, it’s not a lesser experience. It’s just a different one. I prefer to sit on my couch, have a beer, play console games on my 60" television. I don’t want to constantly feel like I have to upgrade my PC. I want to know that this console will last me 5+ years, that it’s at a reasonable price, and then get the next system after that.

I have no problem with PC gamers. I have no problem acknowledging that PC games inherently have more potential than console games. What I do have a problem with is the attitude many PC gamers have. At the end of the day, we all want to play fun, engaging games. How we achieve that shouldn’t become a battle of “whose cock is bigger”, ya know? When I console game, there are a lot of games that are downright beautiful. I’ve been to my friends house on a top of the line PC, and that game looks beautiful. I’ve never once though when I go back home to play my console, that it looks so inferior that it’s some worthless version of videogaming enjoyment.

Sorry for the long reply, but the last thing I want to say is that making a game for PC, the developers cannot take into account what every person’s PC configuration is. For X1 and PS4, the hardware/software configurations are identical for each respective console. Thus, they can optimize the game for these settings and squeeze more juice out, if you know what I mean. And I know most people already know this, so I don’t mean to be redundant, but these consoles, with inferior hardware, etc., can still pump out fantastic looking games, that many people would deem comparable to high end PC games at first glance.

Ive seen just as many console players do the same exact thing.

KDC will not be a port no but many games are and they are usually low quality.

Lesser graphics could be a lesser experience not to mention pc can mod the game to make it look even better than it already does.

You can hook your pc up to your tv its not hard to do. So with a pc you can sit back and play on your 60" tv but with better graphics.

I built my pc around 5 years ago and i haven’t had to upgrade it up until now. Before i upgraded i could run the alpha at medium at close to 1080p with around 45-50 fps. My pc also only costed me 450 bucks which is around the same price as a ps4. The upgrade only costed around 100 bucks. Not to mention i save a lot on cheaper games.

Oh trust me people try to say the ps4 is better than high end pcs.

You dont need to upgrade year after year though. Console generations will be getting shorter and shorter. I only have to upgrade my pc around every 5 years or so.