Vivid countryside, lively villages, personalities and spicy dialogues -where are they?

I have spent more than a few hours with the game and enjoy the beautiful graphics a lot. But the game is not about the “visuals only” . I think there are a few things that should be fixed almost necessarily because otherwise the game will much poorer without them:

• walking through Talmberg I was missing a lot - cattle, pigs, horses …black cats crossing the way and barking dogs :slight_smile: Talmberg seems to be “almost” a ghost village populated by people only :slight_smile:
  • walking through the meadows and woods I was missing hares, deers, sound of birds and birds overhead, storks and bees, woodpecker’s noise doing their job, bears …etc. :slight_smile: just a music …which is fine but not enough to make a realistic impact on a player :slight_smile:
  • people - VERY IMPORTANT ! what I miss the most are personalities and their uncopiable manners of their own - I do not expect that every person we meet in the game will be unique but I miss stammering people, and blind people, beggers, sluts, thieves and people that would interrupt my journey themselves - for fun, gain or whatever purpose, I miss people with their uniquesness like funny way of moving or speaking, some circus troup members etc. It’s very important that some of the persons be unforgettable by their unique way of being or sense of humor. I also miss spicy dialogues or people who would refuse to talk or ask money for talking … I miss some funny twists and turns :slight_smile: . IT was so borign going around and inquiring about Reeky - every person I met had just about the same to say about him - no stammering people, no funny side-talks or jokes, no funny, spicy conversations. I was just missing that . I thing that every investigation should be a thrilling experience …“who are we going to meet now” :). In this regard, the gameplay lacks variety a bit :). And veriety is crucial for sucess I belive. I think the team should work on this :slight_smile:
7 Likes

Yep, I hope they add such things. Most important(for me) is the wildlife.

1 Like

They are working on it. Those are pictures taken from videoupdates (the first one is Henry shooting at a wild boar)

1 Like

Really looking forward to shooting bores with my bow.

i have seen one child talmberg near shop but it was maybe bug because after that none or if it was man running out there…

It was a man running from the rain.

There will be no children in this game.

Right now, there are roughly 200 NPC’s in the game. Once the final game is released, you will see tons more, along with animals of course :0)

great :slight_smile: Can’t wait :slight_smile:

wait what, how is that realistic, no children in several villages not just one

You can search the forums for more details, its topic that’s been discussed allot in the past.

No children will be in Act 1.

I agree. Adding animals that you can hunt isn’t enough. In villages there should be people talking/arguing/debating with each other, farmers looking for their dogs, merchants taking their mules, cows or horses to the market, people making rude or funny comments when they see you or you pass them on a horseback, there should be children running around villages playing tag or throwing stones into a river, dogs chasing cats, village elders discussing the politics/lords/current events or even characters that you need to talk to, angry wives nagging their husbands, drunks around taverns, and village idiots falling off the fences. Not every character should have the dialogue screen pop-up and when you try to talk to them they should rather tell you to let them go about their business or tell you to go bother someone else.

This is beta, and it still feels like I’m inside the Truman Show.